Leigh Diffey reprises his role as the lead play-by-play bobsled, skeleton and luge announcer for NBC Sports during the 2018 PyeongChang Winter Olympics. This marks his third Olympics overall with NBC Sports, having previously served as the play-by-play rowing commentator for the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio.
Diffey joined NBC Sports Group in 2013 as the play-by-play announcer for Formula One and IndyCar coverage, and served in the same role for the Penn Relays track and field meet alongside sprinting star Ato Boldon. Diffey also anchors NBCSN’s Premiership Rugby studio coverage, and has provided play-by-play commentary for coverage of NASCAR’s XFINITY Series on NBCSN.
- Third Olympics overall with NBC Olympics
- Play-by-play announcer for NBC Sports’ IndyCar and NASCAR coverage
- Former SPEED play-by-play announcer and host
- Covered V8 Supercars for Australia’s Network Ten and the World Superbike Championship and WRC for BBC
- Native of Brisbane, Australia
- Currently lives in Connecticut with his wife and two children