Kenny Albert reprises his role as the men’s hockey play-by-play announcer in his sixth Olympic assignment with NBC Sports. Albert has called men’s and women’s hockey for every Olympic Winter Games since 2002.
Albert, one of the most versatile broadcasters in sports, currently serves as a play-by-play announcer for NBC Sports’ NHL coverage. Albert also handles football and baseball play-by-play duties for FOX, and serves as the TV play-by-play announcer for New York Knicks games on MSG Network. Albert also covers boxing, and is the only national play-by-play broadcaster who calls football, basketball, baseball and hockey.
Albert has served as the radio play-by-play voice of the New York Rangers since 1995. He has served as play-by-play commentator for the NFL on FOX since the network’s inaugural season in 1994 and has been in the booth for five NFC Divisional Playoff games and several BCS bowl games. Albert has also called MLB games on FOX since 2001, most notably calling the 2015 ALDS and 2016 NLDS.
- Sixth Olympics with NBC Sports; fifth Olympic Winter Games
- Has called men’s and women’s hockey for every Winter Games since 2002
- Has called play-by-play of the Stanley Cup Final for both television and radio since 1994
- Former television play-by-play voice for the Washington Capitals (1992-95)
- Graduated from New York University with a bachelor’s degree in broadcast journalism
- Currently resides in New Jersey with his wife, Barbara, and daughters Amanda and Sydney