Dan Weinstein will reprise his role as a short track analyst for NBC Olympics’ 4K coverage of the 2018 Olympic Winter Games. PyeongChang marks Weinstein’s second Olympic assignment, having served as the short track analyst for the 2006 Torino Winter Olympics.
- 2nd Olympic assignment with NBC Sports
- Two-time Olympian (1998 Nagano Olympics and 2002 Salt Lake Olympics)
- At the age of 17, became first U.S. skater to break 43 seconds in a short track 500m race
- Was a member of the U.S. 5,000m relay team that won gold at the 2001 World Championships, claiming the first U.S. gold in the event since 1976
- Won three medals at the 2000 World Championships (silver in 500m, bronze in 1000m and bronze in 3,000m)
- 2000 U.S. Short Track Champion, and was named Male Speed Skating Athlete of the Year by the U.S. Olympic Committee in 2000