Chad Salmela will reprise his role as NBC Olympics’ biathlon and cross country analyst for coverage of the 2018 Olympic Winter Games. PyeongChang marks Salmela’s fourth Olympic assignment with NBC Olympics, having served as an analyst for both the biathlon and cross country venues since the 2006 Winter Olympics.
- 4th Olympics with NBC Olympics 5th overall.
- Salmela was a member of the U.S. Biathlon team from 1990-1998.
- He was an athlete representative to the U.S. Biathlon Association Board of Directors and the U.S. Olympic Committee Athletes Advisory Council from 2000-2008.
- Salmela was the biathlon manager at Soldier Hollow with the Salt Lake Organizing Committee for the 2002 Olympic Winter Games.
- Currently serves as the coach of the NCAA varsity cross country ski team, and assistant track and field coach at The College of St. Scholastica in Duluth, Minn.