Bree Schaaf returns for her second Olympic assignment with NBC Sports, having made her Olympic broadcasting debut as a skeleton analyst and sliding sports correspondent during the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics.
A former American bobsled and skeleton racer, Schaaf’s skeleton career is highlighted by an 11thplace finish at the 2007 World. She switched to bobsled in 2007, and at the 2010 Vancouver Olympics she drove to a fifth-place finish with brakeman Emily Azevedo in bobsled.
- Second Olympics overall with NBC Sports
- First American female to push and pilot an all-women’s four-man bobsled crew in Lake Placid, Schaaf is an advocate for the addition of four-woman bobsled as an official event
- Wrote for teamusa.org as an athlete blogger
- Three-time member of the Big Sky Conference All-Academic volleyball team
- Graduated with high honors from Portland State University