FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Wednesday, August 2nd, 2023
NBC SPORTS NAMES COLLEGE FOOTBALL GAME ANNOUNCERS FOR 2023 SEASON ON NBC AND PEACOCK
Notre Dame Football’s 2023 Season Kicks Off vs. Navy in Ireland on Sat., Aug. 26 on NBC and Peacock (2:30 p.m. ET), with Jac Collinsworth, Jason Garrett, Zora Stephenson and Terry McAulay on the Call
Mike Tirico, Chris Simms, Lewis Johnson and Terry McAulay Call NBC Sports’ Big Ten Football Debut Exclusively on Peacock — Michigan Hosts East Carolina on Saturday, Sept. 2 (Noon ET)
West Virginia at Penn State in Big Ten Saturday Night Opener, Sept. 2 on NBC and Peacock (7:30 p.m. ET) Featuring Noah Eagle, Todd Blackledge, Kathryn Tappen and Terry McAulay on the Call
Nicole Auerbach Joins NBC Sports as College Football Insider
NBC Sports to Present Record 31 FBS Games Across NBC and Peacock, Including 13 Consecutive Weekends of Primetime Games
STAMFORD, Conn. – Aug. 2, 2023 – This fall, NBC Sports will present 31 FBS college football games across NBC and Peacock, including primetime games on 13 consecutive weekends – both NBC Sports records.
NBC Sports’ college football game commentary teams feature a dynamic and experienced mix of play-callers, analysts, and sideline reporters. Following are NBC Sports’ college football announcers, with additional commentators to be added as the season progresses:
- Burke serves as the lead play-by-play voice for Peacock’s MLB Sunday Leadoff package of exclusive Sunday morning MLB games. Beginning with NBC Sports in 2017, he served as a play-by-play voice of NHL and Premier Lacrosse League coverage, and called hockey at the 2022 Beijing Olympics and rowing and canoeing during the Tokyo Olympics.
- Burmeister serves as a studio host and play-by-play commentator for NBC Sports across numerous properties, including the USFL, All-American Bowl, college basketball, and the Tour de France. Burmeister has worked five Olympics for NBC Sports, most recently during the 2022 Olympic Winter Games.
- Siciliano, a host and play-by-play announcer for NFL Network, hosted NBC Sports’ Gold Zone coverage for two Olympic Games.
- Rudolph, a 12-year NFL veteran and two-time Pro Bowl tight end, has served as an analyst on NBC Sports’ coverage of the USFL and the 2023 Notre Dame Blue-Gold game.
- Herron, a former NFL defensive lineman, serves as an analyst on NBC Sports’ college football coverage including the All-American Bowl and Bayou Classic, and called games during the 2023 USFL season.
- Pineda has reported from Notre Dame’s Blue-Gold game and Football Pro Day, as well as USFL games, NBC Sports’ Atlantic 10 basketball coverage, and the 2023 SiriusXM MLB All-Star Futures Game on Peacock.
- Nicole Auerbach, who has covered college football and basketball at national media outlets since 2011, joins NBC Sports as lead college football insider. She will appear on B1G College Countdown and across college football programming on NBC Sports platforms, providing the latest from the players, coaches and schools that are making news each week. Auerbach will continue covering college football and basketball for The Athletic, in addition to her roles as a studio analyst for the Big Ten Network and a host for SiriusXM.
- NBC Sports’ Sunday Night Football rules analyst Terry McAulay, a referee in 17 of his 20 NFL seasons as an on-field official, and Reggie Smith, who spent 14 years as a referee in the Big 12 (2009-2020) and Big Ten (2020-22) conferences, will serve as college football rules analysts.
“We have our gameplan for the most extensive college football season in NBC Sports history across NBC and Peacock,” said NBC Sports Executive Producer Sam Flood. “With our starting lineups now set, we are excited to kick off.”
NBC Sports’ FBS college football games announced to date:
|Sat., Aug. 26||2:30 p.m.||Navy vs. Notre Dame (in Ireland)||NBC, Peacock|
|Sat., Sept. 2||Noon||East Carolina at Michigan||Peacock|
|Sat., Sept. 2||3:30 p.m.||Tennessee State at Notre Dame||NBC, Peacock|
|Sat., Sept. 2||7:30 p.m.||West Virginia at Penn State||NBC, Peacock|
|Sat., Sept. 9||Noon||Delaware at Penn State||Peacock|
|Sat., Sept. 9||7:30 p.m.||Charlotte at Maryland||NBC, Peacock|
|Sat., Sept. 16||2:30 p.m.||Central Michigan at Notre Dame||Peacock|
|Sat., Sept. 16||5:00 p.m.||Washington at Michigan State||Peacock|
|Sat., Sept. 16||7:30 p.m.||Syracuse at Purdue||NBC, Peacock|
|Sat., Sept. 23||7:30 p.m.||Ohio State at Notre Dame||NBC, Peacock|
|Sat., Oct. 14||7:30 p.m.||USC at Notre Dame||NBC, Peacock|
|Sat., Oct. 28||3:30 p.m.||Pittsburgh at Notre Dame||NBC, Peacock|
|Sat., Nov. 11||7:30 p.m.||Michigan State at Ohio State||NBC, Peacock|
|Sat., Nov. 18||3:30 p.m.||Wake Forest at Notre Dame||NBC, Peacock|
|Fri., Nov. 24||7:30 p.m.||Penn State at Michigan State (Ford Field)||NBC, Peacock|
Peacock’s expansive programming offers the most live sports of any SVOD service in the United States, featuring live coverage including Sunday Night Football, Olympic Games, Premier League, Notre Dame Football, NASCAR, NTT IndyCar Series, Big Ten football (beginning in September), and much more. Peacock also offers daily sports programming on the NBC Sports channel.