FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Tuesday, July 18th, 2023
NBC SPORTS PRESENTS 151st OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP AT ROYAL LIVERPOOL THIS WEEK ACROSS NBC, PEACOCK AND USA NETWORK
First Tee Shot Through Last Putt – Nearly 50 Hours of Live Open Championship Coverage Thursday-Sunday; 200-Plus Hours Including Featured Groups and Golf Central Live From The Open
Mike Tirico to Call 25th Open Championship of His Career
Golf Central Live From The Open Provides Pre- and Post-Championship on GOLF Channel and Peacock
Trey Wingo Hosts Open Championship All Access Presented by T-Mobile for Business Thursday-Friday Exclusively on Peacock Alongside Billy Ray Brown
Thursday Featured Groups on Peacock Include Rory McIlroy, Jordan Spieth, Justin Thomas, Jon Rahm and Scottie Scheffler
STAMFORD, Conn. – July 18, 2023 – NBC Sports surrounds the 151st Open Championship at Royal Liverpool Golf Club at Hoylake this week with comprehensive live coverage across NBC, Peacock and USA Network this Thursday through Sunday, beginning this Thursday at 1:30 a.m. ET exclusively on Peacock.
In total, NBC Sports will present nearly 50 hours of live championship coverage Thursday-Sunday – and more than 200 hours of live coverage from Liverpool including featured groups, featured hole and Open Championship All Access Presented by T-Mobile for Business coverage on Peacock.
First and Second-round coverage begins before each day’s first tee shot on Peacock and will conclude after the final putt drops, giving fans unparalleled coverage of this year’s championship.
Below are the broadcast assignments for NBC Sports’ coverage of the 151st Open Championship, highlighted by host and play-by-play commentator Mike Tirico working the 25th Open Championship of his career.
151st OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP
- Host: Mike Tirico
- Play by Play: Dan Hicks / Mike Tirico / Terry Gannon / Steve Sands
- Analyst: Paul Azinger / Brad Faxon / Nick Faldo / John Cook
- Holes: Curt Byrum / Brad Faxon / Terry Gannon
- On-Course: John Wood / Notah Begay III / Smylie Kaufman / Arron Oberholser
- Essays: Jimmy Roberts
- Interviews: Cara Banks
How To Watch – Thursday, July 20 – Sunday, July 23 (all times ET)
- TV – NBC, USA Network
- Streaming – Peacock, NBCSports.com and the NBC Sports app
|Thursday, July 20||*1:30-4 a.m./3-4 p.m.||4 a.m. – 3 p.m.|
|Friday, July 21||*1:30-4 a.m./3-4 p.m.||4 a.m. – 3 p.m.|
|Saturday, July 22||5-7 a.m.||7 a.m. – 3 p.m.|
|Sunday, July 23||4-7 a.m.||7 a.m. – 2 p.m.|
*coverage will begin shortly before the first scheduled tee time at 1:30 a.m. ET
NBC Sports will also complement its comprehensive Open Championship coverage with live featured groups Thursday-Sunday exclusively on Peacock, showcasing two morning groups and two afternoon groups each day of the Championship. There will also be a featured hole feed highlighting the brand-new par-3 17th hole, which features an elevated green looking out over the Dee Estuary.
THURSDAY FEATURED GROUPS ON PEACOCK
- 4:03 a.m. ET – Jordan Spieth, Matt Fitzpatrick, Jason Day
- 4:47 a.m. ET – Scottie Scheffler, Tommy Fleetwood, Adam Scott
- 9:48 a.m. ET – Tony Finau, Viktor Hovland, Justin Thomas
- 9:59 a.m. ET – Rory McIlroy, Jon Rahm, Justin Rose
NBC Sports will utilize a number of its commentators throughout featured groups and featured holes coverage, supplemented by Sky Sports and world feed commentators.
TREY WINGO HOSTS OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP ALL ACCESS PRESENTED BY T-MOBILE FOR BUSINESS THURSDAY-FRIDAY ON PEACOCK
For the second straight men’s major championship, NBC Sports will present whip-around coverage from Royal Liverpool on Peacock with Open Championship All Access Presented by T-Mobile for Business.
Hosted by Trey Wingo and GOLF Channel analyst Billy Ray Brown, Open Championship All Access will complement the traditional broadcast coverage, tapping into the main telecast, featured groups and featured hole coverage, range cam, and will include interviews with select guests.
Open Championship All Access will stream exclusively on Peacock from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. ET on Thursday-Friday.
GOLF CENTRAL LIVE FROM THE OPEN
NBC Sports surrounds the championship with on-site studio coverage on Golf Central Live From The Open on GOLF Channel and Peacock.
- Hosts: Rich Lerner / Anna Jackson
- Analysts: Brandel Chamblee / Brad Faxon / Notah Begay III /Arron Oberholser
- Reporters/Contributors: Todd Lewis / Damon Hack / Jaime Diaz / Rex Hoggard / Eamon Lynch
- On-course: John Wood / Arron Oberholser (early week)
|Date||Golf Central – Live From The Open*|
|Tuesday, July 18||8 a.m. – 6 p.m. / 7 p.m. – Overnight|
|Wednesday, July 19||8 a.m. – 3 p.m. / 7 p.m.-1:30 a.m.|
|Thursday, July 20||3-5 p.m. / 8 p.m. – 1:30 a.m.|
|Friday, July 21||3-5 p.m. / 12-4 a.m.|
|Saturday, July 22||3-5 p.m.|
|Sunday, July 23||2-5 p.m.|
|*all times ET, post-round coverage begins following conclusion of play
This week’s coverage on Live From The Open will include a variety of features about the players and storylines surrounding this week’s Open Championship, including:
- Ben Curtis – Winner of the 2003 Open Championship at Royal St George’s Golf Club, Ben Curtis walked away from the PGA Tour in 2018 at age 40. Now, Curtis is in his native Ohio teaching the next generation of golfers at Kent Roosevelt High School, including his son, Liam.
- Christiaan Bezuidenhout – Despite dealing with a stutter from an early age, Christiaan Bezuidenhout pushed aside all bullying in order to chase his golf dreams and impact many lives through partnership with the Arthur Blank Center for Stuttering Education.