FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Wednesday, April 26th, 2023
NBC SPORTS AND KENTUCKY DERBY HIT THE ROAD WITH INTERACTIVE EXPERIENCE TO INSPIRE FANS TO HOST THEIR OWN DERBY PARTIES
Experience to Include Kentucky Derby-themed Activities with Woodford Reserve, vineyard vines, and TwinSpires.com, with Stops in Multiple Cities Leading up to 149th Kentucky Derby
Coverage of the 149th Kentucky Derby Begins at Noon ET, Sat., May 6, on NBC and Peacock
STAMFORD, Conn. – April 26, 2023 – NBC Sports and the Kentucky Derby have launched an interactive tour highlighting the activities and pageantry associated with the Kentucky Derby to inspire fans to host their own Kentucky Derby parties ahead of the 149th Kentucky Derby on Saturday, May 6, 2023.
In partnership with Woodford Reserve, vineyard vines and TwinSpires.com, fans will be able to experience the special drinks, traditional fashion, and wagering that are synonymous with the Kentucky Derby, including:
- Drinks: Drink mint juleps and mocktails courtesy of Woodford Reserve.
- Fashion: vineyard vines is back for their 13th year as the Official Style of the Kentucky Derby. Discover the new Derby Collection, receive giveaways and don a fascinator at the trailer’s rose replica photo op.
- Wagering: Learn more about the contenders and betting options for this year’s race with TwinSpires.com and take photos at the trailer’s custom Churchill Downs photo op.
Leading up to the Kentucky Derby on Saturday, May 6, the experience will make stops in five cities following yesterday’s kickoff appearance in Dallas, Texas:
- Nashville, Tenn., today, April 26, and tomorrow, April 27
- Cincinnati, Ohio, on April 29
- Baltimore, Md., on May 2
- New York, N.Y., on May 4
- Louisville, Ky., on Derby Day (May 6)
All fans that visit the experience can enter for the chance to win the “Ultimate Kentucky Derby Watch Party at Home” and learn more about hosting their own Kentucky Derby party at https://www.kentuckyderby.com/party.
NBC Sports’ coverage of the 149th Kentucky Derby will be presented on Sat., May 6, at Noon ET on NBC and Peacock.