FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Tuesday, April 11th, 2023
NBC SPORTS ANNOUNCES COMMENTATORS FOR 2023 USFL SEASON
Jac Collinsworth and Paul Burmeister to Handle Play-by-Play
Former Dallas Cowboys Coach Jason Garrett, Former NFL Player Michael Robinson, and Saints Defensive End Cameron Jordan Return as Analysts; Cardinals Quarterback Colt McCoy Plus Kyle Rudolph and Anthony Herron Join Analyst Team
Zora Stephenson, Corey Robinson, Lewis Johnson, and Caroline Pineda to Report from Sidelines
STAMFORD, Conn., – April 11, 2023 – NBC Sports today announced its commentators for the 2023 USFL season, which kicks off this weekend with four games. NBC Sports’ season opener is this Sunday, April 16, at noon ET on NBC and Peacock as the Michigan Panthers face the Houston Gamblers at Simmons Bank Liberty Stadium in Memphis, Tenn.
NBC Sports’ Jac Collinsworth and Paul Burmeister return to handle USFL play-by-play duties for a second season.
NBC Sports’ team of USFL analysts include former Dallas Cowboys head coach Jason Garrett, former NFL fullback and NFL Network analyst Michael Robinson and New Orleans Saints defensive end and seven-time Pro Bowler Cameron Jordan, who all return from last year’s inaugural season. Arizona Cardinals quarterback Colt McCoy, two-time Pro Bowl tight end Kyle Rudolph, and former NFL defensive lineman Anthony Herron will also serve as analysts throughout the year.
The NBC Sports sideline reporters for the 2023 USFL season are Zora Stephenson, Corey Robinson, Lewis Johnson, and Caroline Pineda.
- Jac Collinsworth: Collinsworth’s wide-ranging assignments at NBC Sports include play-by-play for Notre Dame Football and co-hosting Football Night in America and Peacock Sunday Night Football Final.
- Paul Burmeister: Burmeister, a former Iowa Hawkeyes quarterback, has handled play-by-play duties for NBC Sports’ coverage of the All-American Bowl, Bayou Classic, and Atlantic 10 basketball. Burmeister is also the radio play-by-play voice of Notre Dame Football.
- Jason Garrett: Garrett is a studio analyst for Football Night in America and a game analyst for NBC Sports’ coverage of Notre Dame Football. Following his 14-year NFL playing career where he was a member of three Super Bowl-winning teams with the Dallas Cowboys, Garrett served as the head coach of the Cowboys from 2010-19, where he ranks second in team history in wins by a head coach.
- Michael Robinson: A 13-year NFL veteran who currently is an NFL Network analyst, Robinson won Super Bowl XLVIII with the Seahawks and earned Pro Bowl honors in 2011.
- Cameron Jordan: Currently a defensive end for the New Orleans Saints, Jordan is a seven-time Pro-Bowl selection and earned first team All-Pro honors in 2017. Jordan ranks second all-time in sacks by a Saints player (115.5).
- Colt McCoy: A 12-year NFL veteran, McCoy plays quarterback for the Arizona Cardinals and started six games for the team over the past two seasons. McCoy was a Heisman Trophy finalist and Maxwell Award winner in 2009 while at University of Texas.
- Kyle Rudolph: A 12-year NFL veteran, Rudolph is a two-time Pro-Bowl selection and is the Minnesota Vikings all-time leader in touchdowns by a tight end with 48.
- Anthony Herron: Herron, a former NFL defensive lineman, serves as an analyst on NBC Sports’ college football coverage, including the All-American Bowl, Bayou Classic, and HBCU Pigskin Showdown.
- Zora Stephenson: Stephenson serves as a sideline reporter for NBC Sports’ coverage of Notre Dame Football and was the play-by-play voice for the inaugural Citi Shamrock Classic women’s college basketball game. She also worked as an NBC Olympics Twitter host during the Beijing Winter Games.
- Corey Robinson: A former Notre Dame wide receiver, Robinson works as a host and reporter across a variety of NBC Sports properties, including as an analyst on Atlantic 10 basketball, host of the ND on NBC Podcast, and assignments on the past two Olympic Games.
- Lewis Johnson: Johnson is a reporter for NBC Sports’ coverage of track & field and has worked on 12 Olympic Games and five Paralympics. He has also served as a sideline reporter for NBC Sports’ college football coverage, including the All-American Bowl and Bayou Classic.
- Caroline Pineda: Pineda was a sideline reporter for Atlantic 10 basketball this past season after working on NBC’s Sunday Night Football production team in 2022. An alumna of Notre Dame, she has also reported from the Fighting Irish’s Blue-Gold game and Football Pro Day.
NBC Sports and FOX Sports, the USFL’s official media partners, will combine to present all 43 games live during the 2023 season. 2023 features 29 games on the NBC and FOX broadcast networks, which is a six-game increase from the league’s inaugural season. NBC Sports will present 18 games across NBC and Peacock (11) and USA Network and Peacock (7). FOX Sports will carry 25 games split between FOX (18) and FS1 (7). Click here for more details.