FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Wednesday, April 7th, 2021
MONSTER ENERGY SUPERCROSS FROM ATLANTA MOTOR SPEEDWAY PRESENTED THIS SATURDAY LIVE AT 3 P.M. ET ON NBC AND PEACOCK
Monster Energy Supercross Debut at Atlanta Motor Speedway Kicks Off Tripleheader at Storied Motorsports Track
Exclusive INDYCAR Coverage on Peacock Begins with 13 Hours of Indianapolis 500 Testing Coverage from Indianapolis Motor Speedway Tomorrow and Friday
Mecum Auctions Coverage in Houston Begins Tomorrow at Noon ET on NBCSN
NASCAR Hall of Fame Member Dick Berggren Featured on New Dale Jr. Download Episode Tomorrow at 6 p.m. ET on NBCSN
STAMFORD, Conn. – April 7, 2021 – The 2021 Monster Energy Supercross season continues this Saturday from Atlanta Motor Speedway in Hampton, Ga., live at 3 p.m. ET on NBC, Peacock and NBC Sports digital platforms. The race marks Monster Energy Supercross’ debut at Atlanta Motor Speedway, and kicks off a tripleheader at the storied motorsports track over the next week.
Earlier this week, NBC Sports’ Supercross play-by-play voice Leigh Diffey joined NASCAR America Motormouths to preview Saturday’s race and discuss the close battle atop the 450SX Class standings. Below are highlights:
Diffey on Monster Energy Supercross’ debut stop at Atlanta Motor Speedway: “From the initial images of the track, it’s going to be a very big (track)…for the riders, it’s a bit of a shakeup as far as them not doing as many indoor stadiums as they used to because…there have been a lot of outdoor venues this year.”
Diffey on current 450SX standings leader Cooper Webb: “If you take the run of form that Cooper Webb has shown, he is not going to stop doing what he is doing…his low rate of unforced errors is incredible…he is very methodical and measured.”
NBC Sports’ Supercross analyst Ricky Carmichael will join tonight’s edition of NASCAR America Motormouths at 6 p.m. ET on Peacock to preview the race and remainder of the 2021 season.
- Play by Play: Leigh Diffey
- Analyst: Ricky Carmichael
- Reporters: Daniel Blair, Will Christien, Rutledge Wood
HOW TO WATCH
- TV – NBC, NBCSN
- Streaming – NBCSports.com, NBC Sports app, Peacock Premium
|Sat., April 10||Monster Energy Supercross – Qualifying (Live)||Peacock Premium||9 a.m.|
|Monster Energy Supercross – Event (Live)||NBC, Peacock Premium, NBCSports.com, NBC Sports app||3 p.m.|
|Tues., April 13||Monster Energy Supercross – Qualifying (Live)||Peacock Premium||1 p.m.|
|Monster Energy Supercross – Event (Live)||Peacock Premium||7 p.m.|
|Monster Energy Supercross – Event (Encore)||NBCSN, NBCSports.com, NBC Sports app||10 p.m.|
|Sat., April 17||Monster Energy Supercross – Qualifying (Live)||Peacock Premium||1 p.m.|
|Monster Energy Supercross – Event (Live)||NBCSN, Peacock Premium, NBCSports.com, NBC Sports app||7 p.m.|
- Event Headlines: Cooper Webb (275 pts) leads the 450SX Class standings after winning five of the last six races, but is narrowly trailed by Ken Roczen (260 pts) with only five races remaining in the season. Defending champion Eli Tomac (234 pts) rounds out the current top three in the 450SX standings. The Western Regional 250SX Class standings are also close, with only six points separating the current leader Justin Cooper, and Cameron McAdoo and Hunter Lawrence in the top three positions.
- Monster Jam Trucks at Atlanta: A pair of Monster Jam trucks will make appearances at the Atlanta Motor Speedway Supercross track and one truck, driven by Todd LeDuc, will perform a signature backflip on Saturday.
- Peacock Premium, the new streaming home of Supercross, provides live and commercial-free coverage of qualifiers and races as well as on-demand replays.
INDYCAR TEST AT INDIANAPOLIS MOTOR SPEEDWAY ON PEACOCK – APRIL 8-9
Exclusive coverage of NTT INDYCAR SERIES on Peacock begins with a two-day Indianapolis 500 Open Test session from Indianapolis Motor Speedway tomorrow and Friday. Test coverage from the oval track at IMS begins at 11 a.m. ET on Thursday, continuing until 6 p.m. ET, while Friday’s test coverage will take place from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. ET, totaling 13 hours over the two days. NBC Sports’ Leigh Diffey will call Thursday’s session alongside analyst Townsend Bell with Marty Snider and Kevin Lee reporting from the pits. Lee will handle play-by-play duties on Friday.
The series’ biggest stars are expected to participate, including reigning and six-time INDYCAR champion Scott Dixon, two-time INDYCAR champion Josef Newgarden, 2019 Indianapolis 500 champion Simon Pagenaud, and 2016 Indianapolis 500 champion Alexander Rossi, among others. In total, 32 car-and-driver combinations will participate in the two-day test at IMS.
For more information on INDYCAR on Peacock, click here.
MECUM AUCTIONS: HOUSTON
- Host: Scott Hoke
- Analysts: John Kraman, Stephen Cox
- Reporters: Bill Stephens, Katie Osborne
HOW TO WATCH
- TV – NBCSN
- Streaming – NBCSports.com and the NBC Sports app
|Thurs., April 8||NBCSN||Noon*|
|Fri., April 9||NBCSN||Noon*|
|Sat., April 10||NBCSN||12:30 p.m.*|
- Houston Headliners: The three-day auction from NRG Center in Houston, Texas, features nearly 1,000 classic and collector vehicles ranging from entry-level collectibles to multimillion-dollar auctions, headlined by the 1956 Chevrolet Bel Air and 1953 Buick Skylark Convertible.
DALE JR. DOWNLOAD
NASCAR Hall of Fame Member Dick Berggren, a former NASCAR reporter and motorsports journalist, is this week’s guest on the Dale Jr. Download episode that airs tomorrow night at 6 p.m. ET on NBCSN. Last week, NBC Sports announced that the remainder of Season Four of the Dale Jr. Download will premiere on Thursday nights on NBCSN. Click here for more details and a schedule.
Produced on-site at Dirty Mo Media Studios in Mooresville, N.C., the Dale Jr. Download on NBCSN takes viewers couch-side for the taping of the motorsports icon’s weekly podcast, featuring unparalleled perspective, candid commentary, and insight that fans have come to expect from Dale Jr.
Monster Energy Supercross, INDYCAR, and Mecum Auctions are part of NBC Sports’ “Home of Motorsports” programming throughout 2021, spanning NASCAR, IMSA, the Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship, MotoGP, American Flat Track, Dakar Rally, and more.