FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Tuesday, July 21st, 2020
VIEWERSHIP: SUNDAY’S FINAL ROUND LEAD-IN TELECAST BECOMES MOST-WATCHED EVER AT THE MEMORIAL ON GOLF CHANNEL
ORLANDO, Fla. (July 21, 2020) – GOLF Channel’s final round lead-in coverage of the Memorial Tournament presented by Nationwide (12:58-3:34P ET) on Sunday earned 1.47 million average viewers (+40% year-over-year), becoming the most-watched GOLF Channel lead-in telecast ever at the Memorial (2007-’20). It also became GOLF Channel’s most-watched lead-in telecast to-date in 2020, and the most-watched since the 2019 Genesis Open final round in February (1.54M average viewers). Jon Rahm won the Memorial Tournament, his fourth PGA TOUR title, and became the new No. 1 ranked player in the world.
Other viewership highlights from the Memorial Tournament presented by Nationwide:
• Third round coverage (12:28-2:55P ET) saw 1.24 million average viewers, +39% year-over-year.
• GOLF Channel’s coverage was the No. 2 sports telecast of the day with total viewers and in the persons 18-49 and 25-54 demos.
• Second most-watched third round lead-in telecast at the event on GOLF Channel (2007-’20), only trailing 2018 (1.26M).
• Second round coverage (2:28-6:39P ET) saw 937,000 average viewers, +16% year-over-year.
• GOLF Channel’s coverage was the No. 1 sports telecast of the day with total viewers and in the persons 18-49 and 25-54 demos.
• GOLF Channel was No. 1 cable sports network (2:30-6:45P) by 381%, and No. 4 of 114 Nielsen-rated cable networks.
• Second most-watched day on GOLF Channel in 2020 behind Thursday of the Memorial (day prior). Most-watched Friday on GOLF Channel since 2019 Presidents Cup.
• First round coverage (2:30-6:30P ET) saw 1.08 million average viewers, +152% year-over-year.
• Most-watched opening round of the Memorial since 1997 (1.18M, ESPN), and most-watched weekday PGA TOUR telecast on GOLF Channel since opening round of the 2018 TOUR Championship (1.25M).
• GOLF Channel was No. 1 cable sports network (2:30-6:30P) by 355%, and No. 4 of 114 Nielsen-rated cable networks.
• Most-watched day on GOLF Channel in 2020, and most-watched Thursday since The 2019 Open.
• Thursday evening’s encore telecast (7:30-11:30 p.m. ET) earned 337k average viewers, becoming most-watched PGA TOUR replay telecast on GOLF Channel in more than five years (2015 PLAYERS Championship second round, 364k average viewers).
Source: Linear Television: Nielsen Live+Same Day U.S. HH Rtg; P2+ Avg 000’s; P25-54 000’s. Details available.
-NBC Sports Group-