FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Monday, July 20th, 2020
NBC SPORTS CHICAGO TO UNVEIL BRAND NEW, STATE-OF-THE-ART STUDIO FACILITIES ON WHITE SOX OPENING DAY – FRIDAY, JULY 24
Dynamic 4,100 Square Foot Studio Features Multiple Anchor/Analyst Locations
Interactive Demo Area to Provide Enhanced, Insightful & Engaging Analysis
New Studio will be the Home for All White Sox, Blackhawks and Bulls Pre/Postgame Programs, Baseball Night in Chicago, SportsTalk Live,
along with Augmented Digital Offerings via NBCSportsChicago.com/”MyTeams by NBC Sports” App and Much More
Chicago, IL (July 20, 2020) – NBC Sports Chicago – THE ONLY HOME for the WHITE SOX, BLACKHAWKS and BULLS – has announced details surrounding its BRAND NEW STUDIO facilities, debuting this Friday, July 24 at 6:00 PM CT. The unveiling of NBC Sports Chicago’s new studio coincides with the network’s extensive multi-platform coverage of White Sox Opening Day 2020.
NBC Sports Chicago’s new 4,100 square foot studio will present a sleek, modern and open-area design utilizing dynamic LED technology, featuring a stunning and interactive “demo” area and multiple anchor/analyst positions designed for movement and flexibility. The network’s new studio is highlighted by a 23-foot wide LED monitor running along the length of room, forming the backdrop of the main anchor area. The innovative new “demo” area showcases a 16’x9’ monitor wall and four vertical monitors. In addition, the demo area features the latest in technology – a 15’x8’ LED floor allowing for NBC Sports Chicago’s on-air talent to interact and breakdown plays for all sports (including baseball, basketball, hockey, football, etc.), providing an even greater level of analysis and insight.
“Our incredible new studio will allow our expert talent roster to showcase our robust multi-platform content like never before,” said Kevin Cross, Senior Vice President/General Manager, NBC Sports Chicago. “The state-of-the-art design will lend itself to our on-going innovation on how we deliver content to the entire Chicago sports fan base. We’re very excited and looking forward to Friday night’s inaugural broadcast from this world-class studio facility.”
- PHOTOS of the new studio here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/grtzmutxnhkt44j/AABiwGJ-eME473p3evSV3VUVa?dl=0
- VIDEO highlights of the new studio here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/iyy74jywrxqua21/Studio%20Tease%20for%20PR.mp4?dl=0
NBC Sports Chicago’s new studio will serve as the main set for its team partners’ (Chicago White Sox, Chicago Blackhawks and Chicago Bulls) Pre/Postgame Live shows. The new studio will also be the new home for Baseball Night in Chicago, along with being the eventual home later this fall for additional NBC Sports Chicago signature programs including SportsTalk Live, Football Aftershow, along with breaking news updates, live press conferences, magazine shows and enhanced digital/audio offerings via NBCSportsChicago.com and the “MyTeams by NBC Sports” app.
The NBC Sports Chicago set design is the result of a long-standing partnership between NBC Sports/NBC News and the design group at Jack Morton Worldwide. Jack Morton’s award-winning work includes set designs for the NBC Sports headquarters in Stamford, Conn., including Football Night in America, NBC News Studio 6A and the TODAY Show at 30 Rockefeller Plaza, along with NBC Sports Regional Networks in Philadelphia, Boston and Bay Area (San Francisco). Fabrication work was completed by blackwalnut, whose projects include scenic environments for NBC Nightly News and MSNBC, NBC Sports’ Olympics coverage in Sochi, Rio and PyeongChang, as well as NBC Sports Regional Networks projects. Lighting was performed by The Lighting Design Group, who have partnered with NBC Olympics since 1992. LED display technology was orchestrated by Planar, whose previous projects include NBC Sports’ headquarters in Stamford, Conn., along with prior project assistance on the network’s Super Bowl and Olympics coverage.
NBC Sports Chicago – Overview of New Studio specifics:
- 4,100 square-foot studio
- 23-foot wide LED monitor on main anchor area
- Interactive “demo” area with a 16’x9’ monitor wall, 15’x8’ LED floor, and four vertical monitors
- 120 LED tiles integrated into the set, including 75 in the walls and 45 in the demo area floor
- Custom photography for the window views depict Chicago’s beautiful downtown skyline; plus – the iconic NBC logo is incorporated into the set design
- EXHIBITION GAME COVERAGE: NBC Sports Chicago will air tonight’s White Sox vs. Cubs exhibition telecast, along with Wednesday night’s (July 22) exhibition telecast vs. Milwaukee, live from Guaranteed Rate Field featuring Jason Benetti & Steve Stone with the game call. Tonight & Wednesday night’s live coverage begins at 6:30 PM with White Sox Pregame Live presented by The Village of Bedford Park; first pitch both nights at 7:10 PM; Subaru White Sox Postgame Live follows tonight’s exh. game, while the White Sox Season Preview Special will follow Wednesday’s game.
- OPENING DAY COVERAGE: NBC Sports Chicago’s expanded LIVE coverage of White Sox Opening Day 2020 on Friday, July 24 gets underway with live batting practice coverage from Guaranteed Rate Field at 5:00 PM, which will be followed by an on-site remote edition of SportsTalk Live presented by The Chevy Silverado at 5:30 PM. Then, at 6:00 PM, NBC Sports Chicago will debut its brand new studio on a special, one-hour, season premiere edition of White Sox Pregame Live presented by The Village of Bedford Park. First pitch gets underway at 7:10 PM featuring the White Sox hosting the AL Central rival Minnesota Twins. The game will be immediately followed by an expanded edition of Subaru White Sox Postgame Live. NOTE: Live streaming of every White Sox game and surrounding game coverage is available to authenticated NBC Sports Chicago subscribers via NBCSportsChicago.com and the “MyTeams by NBC Sports” app.
NBC Sports Chicago, a partnership between the Chicago Blackhawks (NHL), Chicago Bulls (NBA), Chicago White Sox (MLB) and the NBC Sports Group, features over 275 live pro games in high definition each year. In addition, NBC Sports Chicago delivers extensive pre/post-game coverage for its core pro team partners, as well as Chicago Bears and Chicago Cubs multi-platform coverage, plus – local sports discussion programs that includes SportsTalk Live, and massive cross-platform coverage provided by the network’s growing digital platform, NBCSportsChicago.com, the “MyTeams by NBC Sports” app, and its variety of fan-focused social media outlets. Fans can follow the network on Twitter via @NBCSChicago.
NBC Sports Regional Networks is NBC Sports Group’s portfolio of nine regional networks that delivers more than 2,200 live sporting events and original content to more than 35 million homes. Aligned within Eastern and Western Divisions, the NBC Sports Regional Networks are: NBC Sports Boston, NBC Sports Philadelphia, NBC Sports Philadelphia +, NBC Sports Washington, NBC Sports Washington + and SNY; and NBC Sports Bay Area, NBC Sports California, NBC Sports Chicago/NBC Sports Chicago+, and NBC Sports Northwest. For more information on NBC Sports Group properties, including press releases, photos, talent and executive bios, headshots and logos, please visit www.NBCSportsGroupPressBox.com.
– NBC SPORTS CHICAGO –