FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Thursday, July 16th, 2020
NBC SPORTS CHICAGO ANNOUNCES ITS 2020 CHICAGO WHITE SOX RETURN-TO-PLAY COVERAGE DETAILS
NBC Sports Chicago to Carry ALL THREE White Sox Exhibition Telecasts, which includes “Crosstown” Battles against the Cubs on SUNDAY, July 19 & MONDAY, July 20!
NBC Sports Chicago’s 59-Game Regular Season White Sox Schedule Gets Underway with the 2020 HOME OPENER against the Minnesota Twins on FRIDAY, JULY 24 featuring JASON BENETTI & STEVE STONE with the game call; Opening Day Content Offerings to also include Massive Digital Coverage on NBCSportsChicago.com, the “MyTeams by NBC Sports” app, and all Social Media Portals!
LIVE STREAMING of EVERY White Sox Telecast on NBC Sports Chicago – including all Surrounding Pre/Postgame Programming –
to be Made Available to Authenticated Subscribers on NBCSportsChicago.com and via the “MyTeams by NBC Sports” app!
NEW THIS SEASON: NBC Sports Chicago’s Brand New, State-of-the-Art STUDIO Debuts Friday, July 24!
RETURNING THIS SEASON: White Sox Legends OZZIE GUILLEN, FRANK THOMAS and SCOTT PODSEDNIK Return as Featured Analysts for NBC Sports Chicago’s ‘Pre/Postgame Live’ Coverage!
RETURNING THIS SEASON: Veteran White Sox Expert CHUCK GARFIEN and Multiplatform Authority LEILA RAHIMI Return as Hosts for “White Sox Pre/Postgame Live” and “Baseball Night in Chicago!”
EXPANDED DIGITAL/AUDIO COVERAGE: NBCSportsChicago.com to Feature In-Depth Reporting from New White Sox “Insider” ADAM HOGE and via Veteran White Sox Digital Reporter/Producer VINNIE DUBER; Additional Season-Long White Sox Content to also include New Episodes of the Acclaimed “White Sox Talk” Podcast, along with Expanded 24/7 Social Media Content via Twitter, Facebook and Instagram from NBC Sports Chicago’s crew of White Sox Experts!
TONIGHT/TOMORROW/SATURDAY: White Sox Intrasquad Game Coverage LIVE from Guaranteed Rate Field on NBC Sports Chicago & the “MyTeams by NBC Sports” app!
Chicago, IL (July 16, 2020) – NBC Sports Chicago – THE NEW EXCLUSIVE HOME of the CHICAGO WHITE SOX – has announced its 2020 Chicago White Sox return-to-play coverage details featuring 59 regular season games (29 home, 30 road), three exhibition games (including a pair of “Crosstown” battles against the Cubs), live streaming of EVERY GAME and surrounding game coverage to authenticated subscribers via NBCSportsChicago.com and the “MyTeams by NBC Sports” app, plus – a brand new studio unveiling on Opening Day, along with massive season-long offerings of dedicated, fan-focused White Sox multiplatform content and much more. (NOTE: Fans located anywhere in the U.S. can download MyTeams for free on iOS and Android devices in the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.)
NBC Sports Chicago will carry the first of its three White Sox exhibition games on Sunday, July 19 at 7:00 PM CT, as the White Sox head to Wrigley Field for a “Crosstown” battle against the rival Cubs. On Monday, July 20, the White Sox will then host the Cubs at Guaranteed Rate Field with the final game of the team’s three-game exhibition set concluding with a home match-up against the Milwaukee Brewers on Wednesday, July 22. The always-entertaining tandem of Jason Benetti (@jasonbenetti) and Steve Stone (@stevestone) will call exhibition and regular season White Sox telecasts (home and road) from their socially-distanced booth positions at Guaranteed Rate Field. All three exhibition games will air at 7:00 PM and will each be preceded by White Sox Pregame Live presented by The Village of Bedford Park at 6:30 PM. Following Sunday and Monday’s games, NBC Sports Chicago will carry Subaru White Sox Postgame Live immediately following game action (9:45 PM time approx.). Following Wednesday’s final preseason game, NBC Sports Chicago will air the White Sox Season Preview Special presented by KIA — hosted by NBC Sports Chicago’s veteran White Sox expert Chuck Garfien (@ChuckGarfien) and White Sox 2005 World Series Championship manager/NBC Sports Chicago analyst Ozzie Guillen (@OzzieGuillen) — will feature player/coaches interviews, a detailed season preview analysis, a comprehensive look at this year’s Opening Day roster, an overview of all the off-season moves, along with deep discussion surrounding player preparedness in the midst of a pandemic and how players will have to adapt to significant health & safety precautions for the first time in their careers.
The first of 59 regular season White Sox games on NBC Sports Chicago begins with the 2020 HOME OPENER on Friday, July 24 at 7:00 PM CT against the AL Central rival Minnesota Twins. Opening Day coverage begins at 6:00 PM with an hour-long, expanded edition of White Sox Pregame Live presented by The Village of Bedford Park. NBC Sports Chicago’s Opening Day pregame coverage is scheduled to have Chuck Garfien live at Guaranteed Rate Field with the latest game day team/player updates, while Leila Rahimi (@leilarahimi) will be joined in studio by Ozzie Guillen for complete pre-game analysis. The Home Opener will be immediately followed by an expanded edition of Subaru White Sox Postgame Live featuring White Sox manager Rick Renteria’s live post-game press conference, along with post-game player reaction, expanded highlights, detailed analysis and more. In addition this season, White Sox legend/Baseball Hall of Famer Frank Thomas (@TheBigHurt_35) and 2005 White Sox World Series hero Scott Podsednik will also be a part of the network’s Pre/Postgame Live analyst rotation. NOTE: White Sox “Opening Week” on NBC Sports Chicago is presented by Taco Bell.
Additional MLB coverage on NBC Sports Chicago this season will also be delivered on Baseball Night in Chicago presented by Jet’s Pizza, the network’s “Chicago-focused” baseball discussion program, airing live on Mondays and Thursdays at 5:30 PM with re-airs at 6:30 PM on non-game days. Now in its third season, Baseball Night in Chicago is hosted by Leila Rahimi with featured analysts Ozzie Guillen, SportsTalk Live host/Cubs expert David Kaplan (@thekapman), new White Sox “Insider” Adam Hoge (@AdamHoge), new Cubs “Insider” Gordon Wittenmyer (@GDubCub), new Cubs digital reporter/producer Maddie Lee (@maddie_m_lee), veteran White Sox digital reporter/producer Vinnie Duber (@VinnieDuber), along with a variety of White Sox & Cubs players/coaches/front office execs, plus national baseball experts and special guests from coast-to-coast. Throughout the 2020 baseball season, NBC Sports Chicago will also carry SportsTalk Live presented by The Chevy Silverado weeknights at 6:00 PM with host David Kaplan and special guest panelists.
ALSO on Opening Day (Friday, July 24) – NBC Sports Chicago will be unveiling its BRAND NEW STUDIO, a state-of-the-art new design featuring studio-wide LED monitors and floor-length LED lighting, a sleek “demo area” for NBC Sports Chicago’s analysts to educate fans on in-game specifics, custom on-set photography of Chicago’s beautiful skyline and much more. NOTE: NBC Sports Chicago will be announcing further details on its new studio Monday, July 20.
Throughout the season, White Sox fans are also urged to visit NBCSportsChicago.com/WhiteSox and the “MyTeams by NBC Sports” app for 24/7 expert digital coverage via Adam Hoge, Vinnie Duber and Chuck Garfien featuring in-depth pre/postgame reports, player/coaches interviews, highlight videos, special features, galleries and much more. In addition, NBC Sports Chicago will provide White Sox fans with numerous, multi-platform content offerings on Facebook (Facebook.com/NBCSChicago) and Twitter (@NBCSWhiteSox & @NBCSChicago), along with a multitude of team & player facts/photos/quick video offerings via Instagram (‘NBCSChicago’).
From an audio content standpoint, NBC Sports Chicago delivers the acclaimed “White Sox Talk PODCAST” presented by Wintrust. Hosted by Chuck Garfien, along with Adam Hoge and NBC Sports Chicago’s White Sox content producers Ryan McGuffey (@RyanMcGuffey) and Chris Kamka (@ckamka), the “White Sox Talk” podcasts feature in-depth White Sox discussion on the hottest topics and breaking news throughout the season, along with special guest interviews with White Sox players/coaches/front office execs and additional MLB experts across the country. Fans can download all of NBC Sports Chicago’s podcasts at NBCSportsChicago.com/podcasts and simply subscribe to them via Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify or Stitcher. The podcasts can be played on any mobile device, laptop, or desktop computer.
- WHITE SOX INTRASQUAD GAMES – NBC Sports Chicago will continue airing White Sox intrasquad games live from Guaranteed Rate Field this week on the following date/times: Tonight (Thu, July 16) at 7:00 PM, Friday, July 17 at 1:00 PM & Saturday, July 18 at 6:00 PM (game times subject to change). Featuring the game call from Jason Benetti and Chuck Garfien, these games will also stream live via the “MyTeams by NBC Sports” app.
- NBC SPORTS CHICAGO PLUS (+) – Select White Sox games may air on NBC Sports Chicago+. NBC Sports Chicago+ (NBCSCH+) telecasts are provided to NBC Sports Chicago affiliates and distributed to viewers when two live events are scheduled simultaneously. NBCSCH+ is available in high-definition on Comcast/Xfinity ch. 201 in the Chicago area/South Bend, IN & on Comcast/Xfinity ch. 285 in the Peoria, Springfield, Rockford and Champaign markets, along with being made available in DIRECTV, AT&T U-verse, RCN, and WOW! homes among others; viewers are urged to visit NBCSportsChicago.com’s special “Channel Finder” section (NBCSportsChicago.com/channel-finder) and punch in their zip code for complete channel location details.
NBC SPORTS CHICAGO
NBCSportsChicago.com/”MyTeams by NBC Sports” app
2020 Chicago White Sox Schedule
- Sun July 19 7:00 pm @ CUBS
- Mon, July 20 7:00 pm vs. CUBS
- Wed, July 22 7:00 pm vs. Milwaukee
- Fri, July 24 7:00 pm vs. Minnesota
- Sat, July 25 1:00 pm vs. Minnesota
- Sun, July 26 1:00 pm vs. Minnesota
- Mon, July 27 6:00 pm @ Cleveland
- Tue, July 28 6:00 pm @ Cleveland
- Wed, July 29 5:00 pm @ Cleveland
- Fri, July 31 7:00 pm @ Kansas City
- Sat, Aug 1 6:00 pm @ Kansas City
- Sun, Aug 2 1:00 pm @ Kansas City
- Mon, Aug 3 7:00 pm @ Milwaukee
- Tue, Aug 4 7:00 pm @ Milwaukee
- Wed, Aug 5 7:00 pm vs. Milwaukee
- Thu, Aug 6 7:00 pm vs. Milwaukee
- Fri, Aug 7 7:00 pm vs. Cleveland
- Sat, Aug 8 1:00 pm vs. Cleveland
- Sun, Aug 9 1:00 pm vs. Cleveland
- Mon, Aug 10 6:00 pm @ Detroit
- Tue, Aug 11 6:00 pm @ Detroit
- Wed, Aug 12 12:00 pm @ Detroit
- Sat, Aug 15 1:00 pm vs. St. Louis
- Sun, Aug 16 1:00 pm vs. St. Louis
- Mon, Aug 17 7:00 pm vs. Detroit
- Tue, Aug 18 7:00 pm vs. Detroit
- Wed, Aug 19 7:00 pm vs. Detroit
- Thu, Aug 20 1:00 pm vs. Detroit
- Fri, Aug 21 7:00 pm @ CUBS
- Sat, Aug 22 7:00 pm @ CUBS
- Sun, Aug 23 1:20 pm @ CUBS
- Tue, Aug 25 7:00 pm vs. Pittsburgh
- Wed, Aug 26 1:00 pm vs. Pittsburgh
- Fri, Aug 28 7:00 pm vs. Kansas City
- Sat, Aug 29 1:00 pm vs. Kansas City
- Sun, Aug 30 1:00 pm vs. Kansas City
- Mon, Aug 31 7:00 pm @ Minnesota
- Tue, Sept 1 7:00 pm @ Minnesota
- Wed, Sept 2 7:00 pm @ Minnesota
- Thu, Sept 3 7:00 pm @ Kansas City
- Fri, Sept 4 7:00 pm @ Kansas City
- Sat, Sept 5 6:00 pm @ Kansas City
- Sun, Sept 6 1:00 pm @ Kansas City
- Tue, Sept 8 6:00 pm @ Pittsburgh
- Wed, Sept 9 6:00 pm @ Pittsburgh
- Fri, Sept 11 7:00 pm vs. Detroit
- Sat, Sept 12 6:00 pm vs. Detroit
- Sun, Sept 13 1:00 pm vs. Detroit
- Mon, Sept 14 7:00 pm vs. Minnesota
- Tue, Sept 15 7:00 pm vs. Minnesota
- Wed, Sept 16 7:00 pm vs. Minnesota
- Thu, Sept 17 1:00 pm vs. Minnesota
- Fri, Sept 18 6:00 pm @ Cincinnati
- Sat, Sept 19 5:00 pm @ Cincinnati
- Sun, Sept 20 12:00 pm @ Cincinnati
- Mon, Sept 21 5:00 pm @ Cleveland
- Tue, Sept 22 5:00 pm @ Cleveland
- Wed, Sept 23 5:00 pm @ Cleveland
- Thu, Sept 24 5:00 pm @ Cleveland
- Fri, Sept 25 7:00 pm vs. CUBS
- Sat, Sept 26 6:00 pm vs. CUBS
- Sun, Sept 27 2:00 pm vs. CUBS
3 preseason, 59 regular season games
Regular season: 29 Home, 30 Road
All Times Central Time
Schedule Subject to Change
NBC Sports Chicago, a partnership between the Chicago Blackhawks (NHL), Chicago Bulls (NBA), Chicago White Sox (MLB) and the NBC Sports Group, features over 275 live pro games in high definition each year. In addition, NBC Sports Chicago delivers extensive pre/post-game coverage for its core pro team partners, as well as Chicago Bears and Chicago Cubs multi-platform coverage, plus – local sports discussion programs that includes SportsTalk Live, and massive cross-platform coverage provided by the network’s growing digital platform, NBCSportsChicago.com, the “MyTeams by NBC Sports” app, and its variety of fan-focused social media outlets. Fans can follow the network on Twitter via @NBCSChicago.
NBC Sports Regional Networks is NBC Sports Group’s portfolio of nine regional networks that delivers more than 2,200 live sporting events and original content to more than 35 million homes. Aligned within Eastern and Western Divisions, the NBC Sports Regional Networks are: NBC Sports Boston, NBC Sports Philadelphia, NBC Sports Philadelphia +, NBC Sports Washington, NBC Sports Washington + and SNY; and NBC Sports Bay Area, NBC Sports California, NBC Sports Chicago/NBC Sports Chicago+, and NBC Sports Northwest. For more information on NBC Sports Group properties, including press releases, photos, talent and executive bios, headshots and logos, please visit www.NBCSportsGroupPressBox.com.
– NBC SPORTS CHICAGO –