FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Monday, April 20th, 2020
NBC SPORTS CHICAGO TO PROVIDE EXTENSIVE, MULTI-PLATFORM COVERAGE OF THE 2020 NFL DRAFT
Local NFL Draft Preview/Recap Specials, National Mock Draft Special, Massive Digital & Audio Coverage and more Highlight NBC Sports Chicago’s Draft Week Coverage
Chicago, IL (April 20, 2020) – NBC Sports Chicago has announced its comprehensive, multi-platform coverage details for this week’s highly-anticipated 2020 NFL Draft, featuring a pair of locally-produced preview/recap specials, a national NBC Sports Regional Networks mock draft special, along with massive digital coverage via NBCSportsChicago.com and the “MyTeams by NBC Sports” app, plus – daily “Under Center” podcasts, enhanced social media coverage and much more. Please note NBC Sports Chicago’s multi-platform 2020 NFL Draft coverage details for this week (all times Central Time):
PROGRAMMING HIGHLIGHTS —
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 22
- 6:00 PM – “On the Clock: NFL Draft Preview” – Featuring NBC Sports Chicago’s “Football Aftershow” host Laurence Holmes, analysts Alex Brown and Olin Kreutz, along with the network’s Bears/NFL expert Dave Wannstedt, this half-hour Draft preview special will provide fans with extensive details on this year’s top picks and the key position player options the Bears should take with their two second round picks. In addition, discussion will focus on the draft day experience from both a player and coaches perspective, along with how different this year’s draft will feel and run from a coast-to-coast virtual standpoint. (NOTE: Live stream available to authenticated NBC Sports Chicago subscribers at NBCSportsChicago.com/WatchLive or via the “MyTeams by NBC Sports” app; Fans located anywhere in the U.S. can download MyTeams for free on iOS and Android devices in the Apple App Store and Google Play Store)
- 6:30 PM – “SportsTalk Live presented by The Chevy Silverado” – Special NFL Draft Preview edition with host David Kaplan, along with Bears/NFL Draft experts (NOTE: Live stream available to authenticated NBC Sports Chicago subscribers at NBCSportsChicago.com/WatchLive)
- 9:00 PM – “NBC Sports On the Clock: NFL Mock Draft” – This one-hour national NBC Sports Regional Networks presentation, hosted by NBC Sports Boston’s Patriots Insider Phil Perry, will provide viewers with a full first-round mock draft featuring NFL Insiders from every NBC Sports Regional Network, including JJ Stankevitz, Adam Hoge and Cam Ellis representing the NBC Sports Chicago team. The representatives from each regional network will be selecting players for multiple teams, followed by a complete analysis of their choices, before turning it over to the next regional network in line to make their picks. (NOTE: Prior to the 9:00 PM linear airing on NBC Sports Chicago, this program will stream LIVE on NBCSportsChicago.com and the “MyTeams by NBC Sports” app at 4:00 PM CT)
THURSDAY, APRIL 23
- 12 NOON – “NBC Sports On the Clock: NFL Mock Draft” (NOTE: re-air of Wednesday night telecast; live stream available to authenticated NBC Sports Chicago subscribers at NBCSportsChicago.com/WatchLive)
- 6:00 PM – “On the Clock: NFL Draft Preview” (NOTE: re-air of Wednesday night telecast; live stream available to authenticated NBC Sports Chicago subscribers at NBCSportsChicago.com/WatchLive)
- 6:30 PM – “SportsTalk Live presented by The Chevy Silverado” – Special “NFL Draft Night” edition with host David Kaplan, along with Bears/NFL Draft experts (NOTE: Live stream available to authenticated NBC Sports Chicago subscribers at NBCSportsChicago.com/WatchLive)
SATURDAY, APRIL 25
- 10:00 PM – “NFL Draft Recap Special” – This half-hour Draft recap special, hosted by Laurence Holmes, featuring in-depth, expert analysis from Alex Brown, Olin Kreutz and Dave Wannstedt, will dive into detailed discussion surrounding all the Bears picks, along with providing a complete overview of the entire draft, including all league-wide trades, plus – taped draft assessment interviews featuring Bears team execs are also scheduled to take place. (NOTES: Live stream available to authenticated NBC Sports Chicago subscribers at NBCSportsChicago.com/WatchLive or via the “MyTeams by NBC Sports” app; NBC Sports Chicago will re-air the draft recap special on Sunday, April 26 at 6:30 PM)
DIGITAL COVERAGE — NBCSportsChicago.com & “MyTeams by NBC Sports” app
- Featuring expert coverage from NBC Sports Chicago’s Bears content team (JJ Stankevitz, Adam Hoge, Cam Ellis and Bryan Perez), fans can look forward to extensive NFL Draft digital coverage throughout the week on NBCSportsChicago.com’s dedicated NFL Draft page – NBCSportsChicago.com/NFLDraft and the “MyTeams by NBC Sports” app. Among the digital-exclusive highlights include:
- “On the Clock” and NFL Draft Profile video series, ranking the top prospects overall and by individual positions (currently on the site)
- Adam Hoge feature ranking the Top 10 best QBs in the draft (Monday) and his personal overall mock draft (Wednesday)
- Re-ranking of top remaining prospects following Thursday’s first round draft (Friday)
- Draft recap/team-by-team draft grades (Saturday/Sunday)
- 2021 Mock Draft (Mon, Apr. 27)
PODCASTS & SOCIAL MEDIA COVERAGE —
- PODCASTS: Throughout the week, fans can look forward to multiple, daily NFL Draft-specific editions of NBC Sports Chicago’s popular “UNDER CENTER” Podcast featuring Laurence Holmes, JJ Stankevitz, Adam Hoge, along with contributions from NBC Sports Chicago’s team of Bears experts and national NBC Sports NFL Draft expert Josh Norris. Fans can download all of NBC Sports Chicago’s podcasts at NBCSportsChicago.com/podcasts and simply subscribe to them via Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify or Stitcher. The podcasts can be played on any mobile device, laptop, or desktop computer.
- SOCIAL MEDIA: Each day leading up to the Draft and throughout Draft weekend, fans on social media will be provided with NBC Sports Chicago’s extensive Draft coverage on Facebook (Facebook.com/NBCSChicago), Twitter (@NBCSBears) and Instagram (‘NBCSChicago’).
NBC Sports Chicago, a partnership between the Chicago Blackhawks (NHL), Chicago Bulls (NBA), Chicago White Sox (MLB) and the NBC Sports Group, features over 275 live pro games in high definition each year. In addition, NBC Sports Chicago delivers extensive pre/post-game coverage for its core pro team partners, as well as Chicago Bears and Chicago Cubs multi-platform coverage, plus – local sports discussion programs that includes SportsTalk Live, and massive cross-platform coverage provided by the network’s growing digital platform, NBCSportsChicago.com, the “MyTeams by NBC Sports” app, and its variety of fan-focused social media outlets. Fans can follow the network on Twitter via @NBCSChicago.
NBC Sports Regional Networks is NBC Sports Group’s portfolio of nine regional networks that delivers more than 2,200 live sporting events and original content to more than 35 million homes. Aligned within Eastern and Western Divisions, the NBC Sports Regional Networks are: NBC Sports Boston, NBC Sports Philadelphia, NBC Sports Philadelphia +, NBC Sports Washington, NBC Sports Washington + and SNY; and NBC Sports Bay Area, NBC Sports California, NBC Sports Chicago/NBC Sports Chicago+, and NBC Sports Northwest. For more information on NBC Sports Group properties, including press releases, photos, talent and executive bios, headshots and logos, please visit www.NBCSportsGroupPressBox.com.
– NBC SPORTS CHICAGO –