FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Thursday, December 19th, 2019
GOLFPASS ROLLING OUT TWO PREMIERES THIS WEEK
Bill Murray Narrates Critically Acclaimed Documentary Film, Loopers: The Caddie’s Long Walk
Rory McIlroy Recalls His Amazing Year of Golf on the Season Finale of the Rory & Carson Podcast
ORLANDO, Fla. (Dec. 16, 2019) – Available today on GOLFPASS are two can’t-miss premieres, including a moving documentary film tribute to golf caddies everywhere and the season finale of the Rory & Carson Podcast.
Loopers: The Caddie’s Long Walk, the critically acclaimed documentary film narrated by Bill Murray, makes its GOLFPASS debut today in tribute to a golf original – the caddie.
Having garnered national attention at some of the world’s most prestigious film festivals – winning best documentary honors at the Cleveland International Film Festival and the Newport Beach Film Festival earlier this year– Loopers: The Caddie’s Long Walk is available within the Watch and GOLF Films sections of GOLFPASS. The feature-length documentary reveals the dynamic and personal bond between golfer and caddie through stories of some of the most famous partnerships on the golf course.
A few of the remembrances included is the heartfelt story of Tom Watson’s special friendship with caddie Bruce Edwards; the unconventional but effective partnership between Nick Faldo and Fanny Sunesson; and the perfect chemistry experienced by Arnold Palmer and Nathaniel “Iron Man” Avery, who caddied for all four of Palmer’s Masters victories.
Reviews of Loopers call it a “visual tour de force,” showcasing compelling archival footage shot on some of the world’s most iconic golf courses, including Pebble Beach, Augusta National, St. Andrews, Carnoustie, Prestwick, Ballybunion, and Lahinch.
Season Finale of Rory & Carson Podcast
‘Tis the season! And ‘twas a year to remember for Rory McIlroy, who shares many of the highlights with podcast partner Carson Daly on the season finale of the Rory & Carson Podcast, available today on GOLFPASS.
As the fellas break down McIlroy’s spectacular season, they discuss golf and life in Dubai, what McIlroy says might be his shot of the year (and maybe career?), whether he could beat a mid-handicapper blindfolded, and much more. Plus, McIlroy plays Santa Claus and gives Carson the gift of building his own game from golf’s all-time greats.
“I can’t remember a fairway wood shot that I’ve hit that felt so pure. Like, I needed everything I possibly could out of that golf shot and I got it.” – Rory McIlroy talking about his 3-wood approach to the 18th hole during the opening round of the DP World Tour Championship in Dubai. The 286-yard missile of a shot ended up five feet from the pin.
Watch a clip of the podcast HERE
The Rory & Carson Podcast is co-hosted by McIlroy and television host, radio personality and Emmy Award-winning producer Carson Daly (The Voice, TODAY). Pop culture and sports collide, as the two sit down to provide takes on topics from golf to rugby, TV to music, and everything in between.
Extended video versions and behind-the-scenes access to the Rory & Carson Podcast are available exclusively on GOLFPASS. Abridged audio-only versions can be found on iTunes, Spotify and on other podcast platforms.
GOLFPASS IS DESIGNED FOR TODAY’S GOLFER: Now available in the U.S., Canada, U.K., Ireland and Australia, GOLFPASS’ ever-growing list of additional perks and benefits also includes:
- Monthly tee-time credit toward a round of golf at a choice of more than 7,000 GOLFNOW partner golf courses in 26 countries around the world.
- In addition to Top 100 Instruction Tips and Pop-Up GOLF Clinic, GOLFPASS members get access to more than 4,000 on-demand instruction videos featuring many of the world’s elite coaches, including Michael Bannon (McIlroy’s coach), Sean Foley (Justin Rose’s coach) and Chris Como, and includes tips from golf legends like Paul Azinger, Nick Faldo, Gary Player, Annika Sorenstam and more. Other benefits include special pricing and early access to Revolution GOLF Schools, and golf-specific fitness and training programs, including Core Golf with Don Saladino.
- Opportunity to shop more than 70 top brands, including Linksoul, J. Lindeberg, as well as American icon Bill Murray’s golf lifestyle brand, William Murray Golf. Members also can take advantage of exclusive member pricing on clubs, apparel, accessories, digital instructional tools and training aids. Shipping is free in North America.
- Unlimited $100 travel credits at a selection of top resorts, and insider travel information and custom itineraries built from GOLF Advisor experiences at more than 10,000 golf destinations around the world.
- Access to a video library totaling more than 1,000 hours, including GOLFPASS originals, featuring McIlroy and other notable personalities, as well as GOLF Channel’s robust video archive, which spans historic competitions, insight from golf’s biggest names and award-winning franchises like Emmy-nominated Feherty, GOLF Films and more.
Providing more of everything golfers love about the game, a GOLFPASS membership is unmatched in golf and available for $99 per year or $9.99 per month via GOLFPASS.com and via connected TV, iOS and Android apps.
-NBC Sports Group-