FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Thursday, September 19th, 2019
JUJU SMITH-SCHUSTER AND BRANDIN COOKS HIGHLIGHT NFL PODCASTS THIS WEEK ACROSS NBC SPORTS
Steelers Wide Receiver Smith-Schuster Joins Mike Florio for New Episode of PFT PM
Rams Wide Receiver Brandin Cooks & Former NFL Offensive Lineman Ryan O’Callaghan Join The Peter King Podcast
NASCAR on NBC Podcast Now Available on YouTube Every Monday Throughout Playoffs
Alex Corbisiero’s The Scrum Down Podcast Relaunches Around the World Cup; First Episode Previews 2019 Rugby World Cup
STAMFORD, Conn. – September 19, 2019 – With the NFL heading into Week 3 of the 2019 season, Steelers WR JuJu Smith-Schuster joins Mike Florio on PFT PM and Rams WR Brandin Cooks joins The Peter King Podcast, highlighting several new NFL podcast episodes this week across NBC Sports. Cooks, who had three catches for 74 yards and a touchdown at Los Angeles’ 27-9 win over New Orleans last week, is expected to start for the Rams when they visit the Browns this weekend on NBC’s Sunday Night Football (8:20 p.m. ET).
In addition to Cooks, former NFL offensive lineman Ryan O’Callaghan also joins The Peter King Podcast, and Mike Tirico presents a new episode of The Mike Tirico Podcast featuring Tony Dungy, Rodney Harrison and Mike Florio, as they recap Week 2 performances across the NFL. NBC Sports Regional Networks also continue to debut several NFL podcasts featuring exclusive interviews with top newsmakers.
In all, NBC Sports presents 20 new podcast episodes this week, including the kickoff of NASCAR on NBC’s special NASCAR Cup Series Playoffs podcast episodes, which will debut every Monday throughout the Playoffs on YouTube and break down each week’s Playoff race. In addition, rugby analyst Alex Corbisiero’s The Scrum Down podcast relaunches today, with a new episode dropping weekly discussing all things rugby as NBC Sports’ exclusive coverage of the Rugby World Cup 2019 begins tomorrow at 6:30 a.m. ET on NBCSN as Russia faces host-nation Japan.
New episodes for all podcasts will be available for download on all major podcast platforms including: NBCSports.com/podcasts, NBC Sports’ Scores app, Apple, Stitcher, Spotify, Google Podcasts, TuneIn and iHeart. Here is a sport-by-sport look at what’s on tap:
- The Peter King Podcast: The Peter King Podcast is the ultimate destination for all things pro football. Led by one of the most influential storytellers in all of sports media, three-time NSMA Sportswriter of the Year Peter King delivers an access-driven experience that brings fans into the locker room, the press box, and the front office with the biggest influencers in professional football.
- On this week’s episodes: On Monday, King opens his mini podcast with his thoughts on Week 2 of this football season, discussing officiating, the Patriots, Patrick Mahomes’ superman qualities, and Kirk Cousins’ struggles. On Wednesday, King chats with former NFL offensive lineman Ryan O’Callaghan about his book, My Life On The Line, in which he details the struggles he faced as a privately gay football player, dealing with homophobia, and more. In addition, King speaks with WR Brandin Cooks about other wide receivers he studies, and his good fortune of being coached by Sean Payton, Bill Belichick, and Sean McVay in just his first five years in the NFL.
- When: Monday, September 16 and Wednesday, September 18
- Chris Simms Unbuttoned: NBC Sports’ Chris Simms examines everything happening in the NFL and around the sports world. Joined by a rotation of NBC Sports hosts Ahmed Fareed, Paul Burmeister and Liam McHugh, Unbuttoned features in-depth Xs and Os analysis; one-on-one interviews with players, coaches, executives, and draft prospects; game recaps and previews; gambling segments; extensive player analysis leading into the NFL Draft; and much more.
- On this week’s episodes: Simms and Burmeister recap a chaotic and eventful Week 2 that saw a pair of Super Bowl winning QBs go down, a Hall of Famer struggle with a new system, and an offensive mastermind crack the code. The two also deep dive into the Eagles-Falcons and the Vikings-Packers games. On Wednesday, Phil Simms joined the show to review all the Week 2 film. Additionally, on Thursday Simms goes inside the numbers powered by AWS+ and provides additional XO white board breakdowns.
- When: Monday, September 16, Wednesday, September 18, & Thursday, September 19
- The Mike Tirico Podcast: From the Olympics, to The Open, to the NFL, Mike Tirico has covered some of the biggest sporting events in history. Join him as he shares insights from the broadcast booth and talks with special guests about their careers, sports, and life
- On this week’s episode: Tirico is joined by Tony Dungy, Rodney Harrison, and Mike Florio to recap Week 2 of the NFL season. They talk injuries, replay reviews, and if the Cowboys have a weakness. In addition, they discuss whether the 0-2 teams can rebound, and who had the best win and the worst loss from last Sunday.
- When: Sunday, September 15
- PFT PM: Mike Florio has conversations with top names and newsmakers in the NFL, while updating his fans on breaking news and story lines that take place during the day and preparing listeners for what is coming next.
- On this week’s episode: Florio is joined by Chris Simms to react to a chaotic Week 2. They debate when the Cowboys should pay Dak Prescott, how the Saints will look without Drew Brees, and if there is an 0-16 record in the Dolphins future. Steelers wide receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster also joins Florio to talk about Ben Roethlisberger’s injury, moving forward with Mason Rudolph, and the trade for Minkah Fitzpatrick. Lastly, Florio and Simms ponder whether it’s over for Cam Newton as a dominant quarterback, discuss Colin Kaepernick’s agent contacting QB-deficient teams, the Jets sticking with Luke Falk, and how the Steelers may be benching wide receiver Donte Moncrief.
- When: Monday, September 16, Tuesday, September 17, Wednesday September 18, Thursday, September 19, and Friday, September 20
- Rotoworld Football: From fantasy implications to NFL draft analysis to major events, the Rotoworld Football staff has the NFL landscape covered. Listen as Josh Norris, John Daigle, Ian Hartitz, Hayden Winks, andPatrick “RotoPat” Daugherty give their analysis and opinions on everything happening in the NFL.
- On this week’s episode: Josh Norris begins the week by calling the Rotoworld experts for a synopsis of each of Sunday’s games, touching on practically every fantasy relevant player. Then, the group reacts to Drew Brees being out for more than a month, Prescott and Jackson putting up Mahomes-type numbers, and the big struggle for the Dolphins. Additionally, they discuss Josh Jacobs’ surprising role in Oakland, and potential waiver options this week.
- When: Sunday, September 15, Tuesday, September 17, Thursday, September 19, and Friday, September 20
- Redskins Talk: The Redskins Talk podcast is anchored by NBC Sports Washington’s Redskins Insider JP Finlay and members of the Redskins coverage team, including Mitch Tischler and Pete Hailey, along with special guests. The cast brings a fresh and engaging style to interviews with Redskins players, coaches and alumni, as well as experts from around the NFL.
- On this week’s episode: This week’s podcast episodes begin with Finlay’s exclusive interview with Jay Gruden. Gruden shares how he plans to keep Washington together following their 0-2 start and opens up about his thoughts on the team’s conservative defensive game plan against Dallas as well as some pregame comments he made about Adrian Peterson’s running style. Then, the podcast features Finlay’s postgame chat with Peterson, who reflects on reaching yet another milestone, but also on the team’s disappointing start to the year.
- When: Multiple times per week
- Tom Curran’s Patriots Talk Podcast: NBC Sports Boston Patriots Insiders Tom E. Curran and Phil Perry break down every game, plus talk about the issues on and off the field with the team.
- On this week’s episode: On Tuesday’s episode, Curran starts off by discussing “What keeps Antonio Brown on this team?” Then, Matt Cassel joins Curran to talk about a variety of topics: Antonio Brown’s explosiveness, the Patriots’ offense, how to approach the Jets defense this week, and some Hall of Fame debates. Plus, Kyle Van Noy joins Curran to talk about his season debut in Miami, his newborn son, and the dominance of the Patriots’ defense.
- When: Tuesday, September 17 & Thursday, September 19
- 49ers Insider Podcast: 49ers Insider Matt Maiocco brings you comprehensive NFL coverage of all things San Francisco 49ers. Don’t miss weekly in-depth interviews all year long with players, coaches, front office personnel, alumni and fellow media members
- On this week’s episode: Maiocco visits with Joe Staley, Arik Armstead, Ronald Blair, Fred Warner, Raheem Mostert, Dante Pettis, and Laura Britt to talk about the week in Youngstown, the blowout win over the Bengals, and returning home to take on the Steelers.
- When: Tuesday, September 17
- Eagle Eye: Rueben Frank and Dave Zangaro break down the key matchups, and discuss the key topics and issues surrounding the Philadelphia Eagles.
- On this week’s latest episode: On the latest Eagle Eye podcast, Reuben Frank and Dave Zangaro are joined by Ray Didinger to look at the loss of Tim Jernigan and other takeaways from the loss to the Falcons.
- When: Monday, September 16
- Under Center Podcast: Hosted by NBC Sports Chicago’s team of Bears/NFL experts, the Under Center Podcast features lively discussion on the hottest pro football topics of the day, along with exclusive interviews with Bears players, coaches, and local/national NFL media members. New episodes of the Under Center Podcast and can be found daily throughout the duration of Bears Training Camp at NBCSportsChicago.com/podcasts or via the new MyTeams by NBC Sports app.
- On this week’s episode: Laurence Holmes, Lance Briggs, Alex Brown, and Olin Kreutz review the game against the Broncos. They also discuss the Bears’ offense, Eddy Pineiro, and if the Bears can be Super Bowl contenders with the way they’re playing. On Thursday, the group hosts a roundtable pod from Halas Hall with the Bears team on site, and on Saturday, they preview Week 3’s game against the Redskins.
- When: Sunday, September 15, Thursday, September 19, and Saturday September 21
- NASCAR on NBC Podcast: Host Nate Ryan interviews NASCAR stars and insiders each week. Ryan also discusses the latest NASCAR news, including a weekly recap of races, and looks ahead to what’s next in the sport.
- On this week’s episode: Steve Letarte discusses the eventful Round 1 opener at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, including whether Kyle Busch had a point about backmarkers and their worthiness, why Busch is making mistakes lately, what the Las Vegas victory says about the championship worthiness of Martin Truex Jr., and why Truex’s success might irritate Busch. Plus, Letarte talks about the significance of winning the opener, what happened when Chase Elliott slowed to help William Byron stay on the lead lap, and Joey Logano’s up and down day.
- When: Tuesday, September 17
- The Rory & Carson Podcast: Four-time major champion Rory McIlroy, and host of “The Voice” and “The Today Show” Carson Dalytake on topics from golf to grunge rock, TV to tunes, what’s on their playlists, and everything in between.
- On this week’s episode:Rory McIlroy and Carson Daly discuss McIlroy’s presumed rivalry with fellow pro Brooks Koepka, why he purposely avoided conversation with the world’s top-ranked player at the TOUR Championship, and if he was jealous of Koepka’s appearance in the ESPN Magazine’s Body Issue.
- When: Monday, September 16
- The Scrum Down with Alex Corbisiero: Hosted by Alex Corbisiero, The Scrum Down features regular guest Jonathan Fisher and input from other current Premiership Rugby players. A conversation on all things Rugby related from a player’s point of view.
- On this week’s episode: Dan Lyle, Brian Hightower, and Rupert Cox join Corbisiero to react to the Wales betting scandal, and to break down every pool of the World Cup. In addition, the guys look at how Team USA can define success in the tournament, and make their predictions for who will win it all.
- When: Thursday, September 19
- The 2 Robbies: Robbie Mustoe and Robbie Earle discuss and dissect the top Premier League storylines of every match. Together, the former Premier League players and current NBC Sports analysts provide fans with top-class punditry on the most exciting soccer league in the world.
- On this week’s episode: Mustoe and Earle reflect on a Premier League weekend that may feature the biggest shock of the season: Norwich City showed no fear as they beat Man City at Carrow Road. Liverpool continued their perfect start, and the Chelsea youth movement builds momentum. They dissect Arsenal’s defending, and how it cost them a two-goal lead. Plus, the Robbies take a deep dive into the recent Professional Game Match Officials Board admission that VAR has made mistakes this season.
- When: Sunday, September 15, and Thursday, September 19
- Premier League on NBC: NBC Sports’ Premier League newest podcast features interviews with the biggest names in the PL, a collection of spirited in-studio debates with Robbie Earle, Robbie Mustoe, Kyle Martino, and Rebecca Lowe and features exclusive on site-interviews and access with Arlo White, Lee Dixon, Graeme Le Saux, and Rebecca Lowe.
- On this week’s episode: The crew shares their thoughts on Liverpool’s continued perfect start, the Chelsea youth movement sinking Wolves, the shocking win for Norwich City against reigning Champions, Bournemouth’s comfortable win over Everton, a Watford comeback for Quique Sanchez Flores on his return to the league, David De Gea signing a new contract with Manchester United, and another passionate discussion about VAR mistakes in the new Boot Room segment.
- When: Monday, September 16
- White Sox Talk: Hosted by NBC Sports Chicago’s trio of White Sox experts Chuck Garfien, Ryan McGuffey, and Chris Kamka, the White Sox Talk podcast provides fans with in-depth White Sox discussion on the hottest topics and latest breaking news all year long. In addition, fans can look forward to exclusive one-on-one interviews with White Sox players, coaches, front office execs, along with MLB media insiders from coast-to-coast.
- On this week’s episode: Vinnie Duber joins Garfien and McGuffey to talk about all the things that they learned in 2019. With the biggest offseason in recent team history coming up, they also discuss whether they think the White Sox can be contenders in 2020.
- When: Tuesday, September 17, and Thursday, September 19
- Cubs Talk: Hosted by NBC Sports Chicago’s Luke Stuckmeyer, featuring Cubs digital reporter/producer Tony Andracki, and special appearances by David Kaplan and Kelly Crull, the Cubs Talk podcast provides die-hard Cubs fans with detailed discussion on the hottest topics and latest breaking Cubs news throughout the year. In addition, fans can look forward to exclusive one-on-one interviews with Cubs players, coaches, front office execs, along with MLB media insiders from coast-to-coast.
- On this week’s episode: Anthony Rizzo talks about his injury, Theo Epstein reacts to his injury, and Stuckmeyer, Andracki, and Kaplan discuss how the Cubs will fill the void in the lineup. On Thursday, the podcast crew previews the series against the Cardinals, and on Sunday, they recap the series against St. Louis and look ahead to the final week of the season.
- When: Sunday, September 15
- Rotoworld Baseball: Rotoworld’s DJ Short, Drew Silva, and Matt Stroup, and more members of the Rotoworld crewdetail everything happening in fantasy baseball and what’s happening in MLB.
- On this week’s episode: Matt Stroup and Chris Crawford discuss some prospects making noise late in the season and determine what it means for their fantasy outlook in the near and long-term future. They discuss Jesus Luzardo’s unfair arsenal, Gavin Lux’s potential conundrum next year, Kyle Lewis and Nico Hoerner’s increased power since arriving from Double-A, and an impressive power surge from Sean Murphy.
- When: Tuesday, September 17
- Rotoworld Fantasy Basketball: Matt Stroup and Mike Gallagher have you covered from every angle. Joined by Steve “Dr. A” Alexander, Ryan Knaus and the rest of the Rotoworld crew as they cover everything from the latest injuries, waiver wire pickups, DFS strategies and much more!
- On this week’s episode: Stroup and Alexander look at five recent NBC headlines and their fantasy ramifications. They discuss whether load management will be a thing in Denver and Dallas, and why Zach LaVine may still have even more untapped fantasy potential. Plus, they tackle the latest in the saga of Markelle Fultz, and wrinkle for Summer League standout Tyler Herro.
- When: Wednesday, September 18
- Celtics Talk Podcast:The Celtics Talk podcast from NBC Sports Boston is hosted by Insiders Sherrod Blakely, Chris Forsberg, and Pre/Postgame host Kyle Draper. Guests include players, coaches, management and media members from around the NBA.
- On this week’s episode:Celtics center Enes Kanter sits down with Draper and Forsberg to talk about his crazy offseason of 50 free basketball camps around the country, how Gordon Hayward looks in workouts, and about Celtics head coach, Brad Stevens. Plus, he discusses the upcoming season, and his NBA 2k rating. Then, Blakely joins Draper and Forsberg to discuss the impact that playing for Team USA had on the Celtics, as well as Jaylen Brown’s impressive performance during FIBA.
- When: Tuesday, September 17
– NBC SPORTS –