FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Wednesday, July 24th, 2019
ON HER TURF PODCAST CELEBRATES ONE YEAR OUT FROM 2020 TOKYO OLYMPICS WITH NEW POWERHOUSE PODCASTS FEATURING FEMALE OLYMPIANS
Women’s World Cup Champions Ashlyn Harris and Ali Krieger Join New On Her Turf Episode Available Today
Ali Krieger on USWNT Equal Pay: “We’re fighting not only for ourselves, but we’re using all of our platforms to fight for women across all industries.”
Olympians Ibtihaj Muhammad, Jackie Joyner-Kersee and Alex Johnson Join Thursday’s On Her Turf Episode in Special Wide-Ranging Panel Discussion
Travis Kelce, Eric Weddle, Doug Pederson, Kyle Rudolph, and Tony Romo Join Chris Simms Unbuttoned Podcast; Von Miller Joins The Peter King Podcast
New Episode of Letarte on Location Features iRacing EVP and Executive Producer Steve Myers, along with NASCAR on NBC analyst and two-time Daytona 500 Champion Dale Earnhardt Jr.
STAMFORD, Conn. – July 24, 2019 – The On Her Turf podcast celebrates one year until the 2020 Tokyo Olympics with new podcast episodes this week featuring powerhouse female Olympians. 2019 World Cup champions Ashlyn Harris and Ali Krieger join Kathryn Tappen for a new episode available today, while Olympians Ibtihaj Muhammad, Jackie Joyner-Kersee, and Alex Johnson join Thursday’s episode for a special Olympic-themed panel discussion focused on how women are changing sports.
ON HER TURF HIGHLIGHTS:
KRIEGER ON EQUAL PAY: “We’re fighting not only for ourselves, but we’re using all of our platforms to fight for women across all industries. I think that’s what, since day one, what we’ve wanted to express, is that we’re using our platform to, yes, fight for us and for our sport, and for all teams around the world, but also women around the world.”
HARRIS ON EQUAL PAY: “As a team we collectively talk a lot about, listen people might not like us but we’re fighting for something so much bigger than this team. We’re fighting for a movement and it’s not just about our sport, it’s about women, and I love that. I love standing with such strong women that are willing to risk everything, and they’re totally fine with that. I mean, we’ve built platforms and careers for years and years and years and like to have political stances and to have these equal pay conversations. It ruffles feathers and people are willing to risk it all to create change, and that’s something I can stand behind. I love that, and I love this team, and I love the fight we’re trying to continue to create and to be heard and seen and it’s been so empowering.”
In addition, Chris Simms debuts new episodes of the Unbuttoned podcast featuring conversations with Kansas City Chiefs’ Travis Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles head coach Doug Pederson, Los Angeles Rams’ Eric Weddle, Minnesota Vikings’ Kyle Rudolph and former Dallas Cowboys QB Tony Romo. Super Bowl MVP Von Miller also joins Peter King for the first episode of his annual training camp tour on The Peter King Podcast.
NBC Sports presents 12 new podcast episodes this week featuring additional special guests and athletes, including Jeopardy! champion James Holzhauer, iRacing EVP and Executive Producer Steve Myers, Daytona 500 Champion Dale Earnhardt Jr, and more.
New episodes will be available for download on all major podcast platforms including: NBCSports.com/podcasts, NBC Sports’ Scores app, Apple, Stitcher, Spotify, Google Podcasts, TuneIn and iHeart.
- On Her Turf: Pushing boundaries and empowering women along the way. The On Her Turf podcast highlights amazing women- and their male allies- who are champions on and off the field and who motivate people to be the best versions of themselves. Join host Kathryn Tappen as she talks with a new powerhouse guest about sports, what motivates them, and lessons they’ve learned along the way.
- On this week’s episodes: Fresh off their World Cup Victory, Ashlyn Harris and Ali Krieger join Tappen on Tuesday’s new episode to discuss how their lives have changed since France, balancing their work and personal lives, overcoming adversity and bullying, plans for their upcoming wedding, and their fight for equal pay. On Thursday’s episode, Tappen sits down with three female Olympians who are changing the game for a timely and provocative discussion. Ibtihaj Muhammad, the first Muslim-American to compete in the Olympics with a hijab and a current Olympic bronze medalist in fencing, Jackie Joyce-Kersee, a three-time Olympic gold medalist in track and field and named by Sports Illustrated as the “Greatest Female Athlete of the 20th Century”, and Alex Johnson, two-time bouldering World Cup gold medalist, all join Tappen for a lively conversation one year out from the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
- When: Wednesday, July 24 and Thursday, July 25
- Letarte on Location: When you’ve spent more than 20 years of your life on the road as a NASCAR crew chief and NBC analyst, you’re bound to meet some interesting characters along the way. Letarte on Location brings you closer to all kinds of personalities that Steve Letarte has connected with throughout the years traveling the circuit.
- On this week’s episode: Letarte goes on location from New Hampshire Motor Speedway where he sits down with iRacing EVP and Executive Producer Steve Myers, along with NASCAR on NBC analyst and two-time Daytona 500 Champion Dale Earnhardt Jr. They discuss the phenomenon of iRacing, also known as simulation or “sim” racing, and the significant impact it has had on the current motorsports landscape.
- When: Wednesday, July 24
- The Peter King Podcast:The Peter King Podcast is the ultimate destination for all things pro football. Led by one of the most influential storytellers in all of sports media, three-time American Sportswriter of the Year Peter King delivers an access-driven experience that brings fans into the locker room, the press box and the front office with the biggest influencers in professional football.
- On this week’s episode: King begins his annual training camp tour chatting with Super Bowl MVP Von Miller on this week’s podcast episode. They discuss Miller’s sights on becoming the all-time sack king and the start of Broncos training camp. In addition, Jeopardy king James Holzhauer joins the podcast to share how his life has changed since his incredible run on Jeopardy!, how he developed his strategy on the show, and his favorite sport to bet on.
- When: Wednesday, July 24
- PFT PM:Mike Florio has conversations with top names and newsmakers in the NFL, while updating his fans on breaking news and story lines that take place during the day and preparing listeners for what is coming next.
- On this week’s episode: On Monday’s episode, Florio dives into the six-game suspension of Seahawks DT Jarran Reed and the lack of game suspension for Chiefs WR Tyreek Hill. Florio also discusses more training camp details.
- When: Monday, July 22
- Chris Simms Unbuttoned: NBC Sports’ Chris Simms examines everything happening in the NFL and around the sports world. Joined by a rotation of NBC Sports hostsAhmed Fareed, Paul Burmeister and Liam McHugh, Unbuttoned features in-depth Xs and Os analysis; one-on-one interviews with players, coaches, executives, and draft prospects; game recaps and previews; gambling segments; extensive player analysis leading into the NFL Draft; and much more.
- On this week’s episodes: On Tuesday’s episode, Simms chats with Travis Kelce about the brilliance and jaw-dropping ability of Patrick Mahomes, the new TE hierarchy with Gronk retired, ranking experiences in the Summer of Kelce, and why he believes in aliens and ‘friendly’ ghosts. Then, Simms talks with Rams safety Eric Weddle who reminisces about the role he played in the turning point of Simms’ career, going nuts on ice cream in the offseason, and his new fit with the Rams. Simms also sits with Philadelphia Eagles coach Doug Pederson, Minnesota Vikings tight end Kyle Rudolph, and quarterback turned broadcaster Tony Romo.
- When: Tuesday, July 23, Wednesday, July 24, & Thursday, July 25
- Redskins Talk: The Redskins Talk podcast is anchored by NBC Sports Washington’s Redskins Insider JP Finlayand highlights all members of our Redskins coverage team including Mitch Tischler and Pete Hailey along with plenty of others. Finlay will also reach out to a host of outside influencers both in the D.C. media and the national landscape. With a strong set of personal relationships built on years at Redskins Park, Finlay brings a fresh and engaging style to interviews with players, coaches and ‘Skins alumni for the podcast.
- On this week’s episode: In an “Urgency Pod”, a pod just short of an emergency pod, John Keim joins Finlay to break down all of the angles from the news that Trent Williams won’t be in Richmond when Redskins camp starts. Then, Finlay & Keim debrief some fun Richmond announcements.
- When: Monday, July 22
- Eagle Eye: Ruben Frank and Dave Zangaro break down the key matchups, and discuss the key topics and issues surrounding the Philadelphia Eagles
- On this week’s episode: Frank and Zangaro break down the news that Darren Sproles will be returning to the Eagles on a one-year contract. Then, they figure out which Eagles are Hall of Famers, and more.
- When: Monday, July 22
- White Sox Talk: Hosted by NBC Sports Chicago’s trio of White Sox experts Chuck Garfien, Ryan McGuffey,and Chris Kamka, the White Sox Talk podcast provides fans with in-depth White Sox discussion on the hottest topics and latest breaking news all year long. In addition, fans can look forward to exclusive one-on-one interviews with White Sox players, coaches, front office execs, along with MLB media insiders from coast-to-coast.
- On this week’s episode: This week’s “White Sox Talk presented by Wintrust” podcast features Garfien and NBC Sports Chicago White Sox analyst Steve Stone discussing the 10th anniversary of former White Sox ace Mark Buehrle’s incredible perfect game from 2009, including that unforgettable catch up against CF wall by Dewayne Wise and much more.
- When: Tuesday, July 23
- Cubs Talk: Hosted by NBC Sports Chicago’s Luke Stuckmeyer, featuring Cubs digital reporter/producer Tony Andracki, and special appearances by David Kaplanand Kelly Crull, the Cubs Talk podcast provides die-hard Cubs fans with detailed discussion on the hottest topics and latest breaking Cubs news throughout the year. In addition, fans can look forward to exclusive one-on-one interviews with Cubs players, coaches, front office execs, along with MLB media insiders from coast-to-coast.
- On this week’s episode: This week’s three editions of the “Cubs Talk presented by Wintrust” podcast includes the entire Hall of Fame induction by former Cubs standout closer Lee Smith. In addition, the team will discuss the current Cubs roster and what players they may be looking at in advance of next week’s MLB Trade Deadline. Plus – Stuckmeyer interviews Kaplan about “Kap’s” amazing career in broadcasting and what he hopes to accomplish on both a professional and personal level in the years to come.
- When: Sunday, July 21, Wednesday, July 24 and Friday, July 26
- Rotoworld Baseball: Rotoworld’s Short, Drew Silva,and Matt Stroup detail everything happening in fantasy baseball and what’s happening in MLB.
- On this week’s episode: Stroup is joined by Nate Grimm to run through a wide range of pitching and hitting trends, including the surprise renaissance season for Lance Lynn, who struck out 12 Astros over the weekend. Then, they discuss what to expect going forward from a surging Oscar Mercado, why you both can and cannot trust AJ Pollack in fantasy, and more.
- When: Tuesday, July 23 and Thursday, July 25
- Rotoworld Football: From fantasy implications to NFL draft analysis to major events, the Rotoworld Football staff has the NFL landscape covered. Listen as Josh Norris, Evan Silva, Roto Pat, Rich Hribarand Ray Summerlin give their analysis and opinions on everything happening in the NFL.
- On this week’s episode: Summer is over and training camp is here; John Daigle joins Norris to catch up to discuss RB holdouts, how the offensive line trickles down, and much more.
- When: Wednesday, July 24
- Rotoworld Fantasy Basketball: Matt Stroup and Mike Gallagher have you covered from every angle. Joined by Steve “Dr. A” Alexander, Ryan Knaus and the rest of the Rotoworld crew three times a week as they cover everything from the latest injuries, waiver wire pickups, DFS strategies and much more!
- On this week’s episode: Matt Stroup and Steve Alexander break down some recent fantasy headlines, including Pelicans’ VP David Griffin talking up Jrue Holiday and Derrick Favors. Then, they discuss the fantasy fallout of John Wall’s torn Achilles, and where to consider Bradley Beal and Isaiah Thomas.
- When: Wednesday, July 24
– NBC SPORTS –