FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Tuesday, July 9th, 2019
WHITE SOX GAMES ON NBC SPORTS CHICAGO DELIVER HIGHEST AVERAGE RATINGS AT ALL-STAR BREAK IN FIVE YEARS
Chicago White Sox on NBC Sports Chicago Delivers Highest-Rated June in Seven Years
Digital Consumption Increases on NBCSportsChicago.com, ‘MyTeams by NBC Sports’ App, and on “White Sox Talk” Podcast
Chicago, IL (July 9, 2019) – NBC Sports Chicago – THE Home of the #AuthenticFan – has posted across-the-board increases compared to 2018 on TV and digital for its Chicago White Sox game telecasts and surrounding multi-platform game coverage at the All-Star break. NBC Sports Chicago’s White Sox television ratings averaged a 1.18 Chicago market Household rating (HH) — the highest White Sox average in five years (1.38 in 2014) and up 36% compared to last season at the break. In addition, game telecasts delivered year-over-year growth in all key demographics, including Adults 18-34 (up 91%) and Adults 25-54 (up 34%), according to data provided by Nielsen.
The White Sox on NBC Sports Chicago averaged a 1.57 HH rating in June, which was the network’s highest-rated June in seven years (2.26 avg. in June 2012), and its highest-rated individual month in five years (April 2014 – 1.68 HH).
Additional highlights include:
- On June 19, NBC Sports Chicago delivered its highest-rated White Sox game telecast in seven years, a 67 Chicago market HH rating at Cubs (3.78 HH rating posted on June 18, 2012).
- NBC Sports Chicago’s White Sox Pregame Live presented by Aurelio’s Pizza is up 50% compared to last season’s final average, while Subaru White Sox Postgame Live has registered a 30% ratings increase.
- On digital, NBCSportsChicago.com and the “MyTeams by NBC Sports” app have driven significant live streaming audience growth compared to last season, with 3.1K uniques per game, up 93% vs. 2018 and 154K average minutes consumed per game, up 75% vs. 2018.
- White Sox-specific content delivered 504K unique visitors, up 146%; 2.0M page views, up 211%; and 1.7M VOD starts, up 1,792%.
- The “White Sox Talk” podcast set a new monthly download record in June (89,000), breaking the previous monthly record of 77,000 set in March.
- The podcast also hit a significant milestone in June, hitting ONE MILLION total downloads since its inception in October 2016.
The White Sox return to game action on NBC Sports Chicago this Friday night, July 12, as the southsiders travel out west for a weekend series against the Oakland Athletics. Live coverage gets underway with White Sox Pregame Live presented by Aurelio’s Pizza at 8:30 PM CT with first pitch coverage set to take place at 9:00 PM, along with a complete game recap to follow on Subaru White Sox Postgame Live. In addition, authenticated NBC Sports Chicago subscribers can live stream every game and surrounding game coverage via NBCSportsChicago.com and the new “MyTeams by NBC Sports” app (fans located anywhere in the U.S. can download MyTeams for free on iOS and Android devices in the Apple App Store and Google Play Store).