FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Thursday, June 20th, 2019
NBC SPORTS’ 2019 NASCAR SEASON FEATURES NEARLY 600 HOURS OF COVERAGE FROM CHICAGOLAND TO HOMESTEAD-MIAMI
NBC Sports is Exclusive Home of Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Championship and Playoffs for Fifth Straight Year
More Than 300 Hours of Live On-Track Coverage on NBC and NBCSN
Reimagined NASCAR America Features New Look and Daily Themed Episodes Covering News from Across the Motorsports Industry
STAMFORD, Conn. – June 20, 2019 – NBC Sports’ portion of the 2019 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series waves the green flag in 10 days and features nearly 600 hours of coverage across NBC, NBCSN, NBCSports.com and the NBC Sports app, from the Camping World 400 at Chicagoland Speedway next weekend through the championship at Homestead-Miami in November.
The official home of the NASCAR Championship and Playoffs, NBC Sports will once again present the final 20 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series races, final 19 NASCAR Xfinity Series races, and select NASCAR Regional & Touring Series events in 2019.
NBC Sports’ NASCAR programming also includes NBCSN’s daily motorsports show NASCAR America, the Dale Jr. Download, coverage of NASCAR’s Awards Ceremonies, the annual NASCAR Hall of Fame induction ceremony, as well as a robust collection of original programming and specials.
NBC Sports – the home of motorsports – will present more than 1,500 hours of motorsports coverage in 2019 spanning NASCAR, INDYCAR, IMSA, the Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship, and more.
MORE THAN 300 HOURS OF LIVE ON-TRACK 2019 NASCAR COVERAGE ON NBC AND NBCSN
Beginning with the Camping World 400 at Chicagoland Speedway, which kicks off NBC Sports’ 2019 NASCAR schedule next Sunday, June 30 at 2:30 p.m. ET on NBCSN, NBC Sports will deliver more than 300 hours of combined live on-track practice, qualifying and race coverage from the Cup and Xfinity series.
NBC Sports’ lead NASCAR race announcer Rick Allen, Daytona 500-winning crew chief Steve Letarte, and 21-time Cup Series race winner and “The Mayor” of NASCAR Jeff Burton begin their fifth season in the booth, alongside NASCAR racing legend and two-time Daytona 500 winner Dale Earnhardt Jr.
Host Krista Voda, auto racing icon Kyle Petty, and Hall of Fame driver Dale Jarrett will again serve as the primary on-site pre- and post-race team. Marty Snider, Kelli Stavast, Dave Burns, and Parker Kligerman will report from pit road and the garages. Multiple members of NBC Sports’ NASCAR commentary team will be utilized in a variety of positions on race broadcasts.
NBCSports.com lead motorsports writer Nate Ryan will contribute news reports throughout race weekend, and features reporter Rutledge Wood will bring viewers a collection of off-track stories during race coverage throughout the season.
REIMAGINED NASCAR AMERICA FEATURES NEW LOOK AND DAILY THEMED EPISODES COVERING NEWS FROM ACROSS THE MOTORSPORTS INDUSTRY
NASCAR America, NBCSN’s daily motorsports show which began its sixth season in February, features a new look and daily themed episodes each week to super-serve NASCAR fans and motorsports fans at large.
- NASCAR America Monday – Hosted by Jeff Burton, Dale Jarrett and Steve Letarte, NASCAR America Mondaysfocus on the previous weekend’s races, and includes highlights, “Turning Points,” driver interviews, expert analysis, and signature NASCAR America segment Scan All;
- NASCAR America Presents the Dale Jr. Download – Every Tuesday, NASCAR’s Most Popular Driver for an unprecedented 15 consecutive years (2003-17) and two-time Daytona 500 winner Dale Earnhardt Jr. co-hosts NASCAR America with Mike Davis. Produced on-site at Dirty Mo Media Studios in Mooresville, N.C., NBCSN takes viewers couch-side for the taping of the motorsports icon’s weekly podcast, featuring unparalleled perspective, candid commentary and insight that fans have come to expect from Dale Jr.;
- NASCAR America Splash & Go – In addition to NBCSN’s linear telecast on Tuesday of the Dale Jr. Download, NBC Sports presents exclusive digital-only NASCAR America Splash & Go segments on NBCSports.com, the NBC Sports app and the Motorsports on NBC YouTube page. Hosted by Nate Ryan, Splash & Go features the news of the day, breaking news, race shop reports and interviews;
- NASCAR America Motormouths – Hosted by Rutledge Wood or Marty Snider alongside Kyle Petty, Motormouths Wednesdays are all about the viewers, providing regular opportunities for fans to call in to NASCAR America and speak with hosts, analysts, and a rotation of current drivers live on NBCSN;
- NASCAR America Motorsports Hour – Featuring Krista Voda, J. Allmendinger, and Parker Kligerman, Thursday’s NASCAR America Motorsports Hour highlights the upcoming weekend’s NASCAR races and dives into the latest news surrounding all of motorsports, including INDYCAR, IMSA, American Flat Track, Lucas Oil Pro Motocross, and Supercross;
- NASCAR America Fan Fridays – Beginning with next weekend’s race at Chicagoland, NASCAR America Fan Fridays will return to NBCSN live from the site of select NASCAR races, and will be broadcast from NBC Sports’ Peacock Pit box set located on pit road.
NASCAR America headlines nearly 300 hours of original and shoulder NASCAR programming on NBCSN in 2019. In addition, NBCSN will present one-hour cutdowns of the NASCAR Whelen Modified Series and NASCAR K&N Pro Series throughout the season, as well as episodes of NASCAR The Decades.
NBC SPORTS PRESENTS NEARLY 40 HOURS OF MONSTER ENERGY NASCAR CUP AND XFINITY SERIES COVERAGE FROM CHICAGOLAND
Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series coverage from Chicagoland on NBCSN begins next Saturday, June 29, at 11 a.m. ET with first practice, followed by final practice at 2 p.m. ET and qualifying at 6:30 p.m. ET.
Cup Series race day coverage begins next Sunday, June 30, at 1 p.m. ET on NBCSN with NASCAR America, followed by Countdown to Green at 2:30 p.m. ET. Live coverage of NBCSN’s first NASCAR Cup Series race of the 2019 season begins at 3 p.m. ET, followed by post-race coverage immediately following the checkered flag.
NBCSN’s Xfinity Series coverage begins Friday, June 28, at 4 p.m. ET with first practice, followed by final practice at 7 p.m. ET. Race day coverage on NBCSN kicks off Saturday at 12 p.m. ET with qualifying, followed by Countdown to Green at 3 p.m. ET. NBCSN’s first Xfinity Series race of 2019 begins at Saturday, June 29 at 3:30 p.m. ET, followed by the post-race show at 6 p.m. ET.
NBC SPORTS’ NASCAR COVERAGE
The official home of the NASCAR Playoffs, NBC Sports will present the final 20 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series races, final 19 NASCAR Xfinity Series races, and select NASCAR Regional & Touring Series events in 2019. NBC Sports’ NASCAR programming also includes NBCSN’s daily motorsports show NASCAR America, coverage of NASCAR’s Awards Ceremonies, the annual NASCAR Hall of Fame induction ceremony, as well as original programming specials.