FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Thursday, February 21st, 2019
NBC SPORTS DEBUTS NASCAR-FOCUSED LETARTE ON LOCATION, HIGHLIGHTING NEW SLATE OF PODCASTS THIS WEEK
Former Crew Chief and NASCAR on NBC Analyst Steve Letarte Debuts New Podcast; Chip Ganassi Racing COO Doug Duchardt Joins First Episode of Letarte on Location
NASCAR on NBC Analyst Rutledge Wood Joins The Mike Tirico Podcast
ESPN College Basketball Analyst Jay Bilas Joins College Basketball Talk on NBC Sports
STAMFORD, Conn. – February 21, 2019 – Former crew chief and NASCAR on NBC analyst Steve Letarte debuts the first episode of Letarte on Location this week with COO of Chip Ganassi Racing Doug Duchardt as the first guest, highlighting a new slate of podcasts across NBC Sports. Featured special guests and athletes across the podcasts include NASCAR on NBC analyst Rutledge Wood, ESPN college basketball analyst Jay Bilas, former Cleveland Cavaliers General Manager David Griffin, former Oakland A’s and St. Louis Cardinals all-star pitcher Mark Mulder, former professional tennis player Mardy Fish, and many more.
New episodes of 14 podcasts will be available for download on all major podcast platforms including: NBC Sports’ Scores App, Apple, Stitcher, Spotify, Google Podcasts, TuneIn and iHeart.
Following is a sport-by-sport look at what’s on tap:
- Letarte on Location: When you’ve spent more than 20 years of your life on the road as a NASCAR crew chief and NBC analyst, you’re bound to meet some interesting characters along the way. Letarte on Location brings you closer to all kinds of personalities that Steve has connected with throughout the years traveling the circuit.
– On this week’s debut episode: Steve is on location at the famed Streamline Hotel in Daytona Beach, Florida where “Big” Bill France organized a meeting in December 1947 to discuss the future of stock-car racing and conceived NASCAR. Doug Duchardt joins Steve to discuss their time working together at Hendrick Motorsports, Doug’s experience at St. Louis Cardinals fantasy camp, and the season outlook for Chip Ganassi Racing.
– When: Tuesday, Feb. 19
- The Mike Tirico Podcast: This weekly podcast features Mike Tirico’s takes on the biggest news across the sports landscape, as well as interviews with sports commentators and athletes.
– On this week’s episode: Rutledge Wood joins Mike to discuss his passion for cars and his path to NBC Sports, preview the thrilling NASCAR season ahead, and share what it’s like to work with Dale Earnhardt Jr, one of the best drivers ever. The pair also express their excitement to cover their first Indy 500 together.
– When: Thursday, Feb. 14
- 1Up Podcast with Gary Williams presented by Peter Millar: The 1Up Podcast with Gary Williams presented by Peter Millar is a weekly conversation-based show hosted by Gary Williams where some of the biggest names in sports and beyond share their love of the game of golf.
– On this week’s episode: Williams sits down with former Major League Baseball all-star pitcher Mark Mulder and former professional tennis star and Olympic silver medalist Mardy Fish. Among the topics discussed include their passion for the game of golf, how they got involved in the sport and how competing in golf tournaments keeps their competitive juices flowing.
– When: Friday, Feb. 22
- Pro-Am Podcast: GOLF Channel host and reporter George Savaricas and producer Ryan Griffiths discuss the trending topics in golf as they see it from different sides of the camera. Joined weekly by guests from all over the worlds of golf, sports and pop culture.
– On this week’s episode: On the season premiere of the Pro-Am Podcast, Savaricas and Griffiths are joined by golf apparel entrepreneur John Ashworth who chats shorts on Tour, short courses and his love for them and why more golfers should turn to rock climbing to improve their game.
– When: Friday, Feb. 22
- PFT PM: Mike Florio has conversations with top names and newsmakers in the NFL, while updating his fans on breaking news and story lines that take place during the day and preparing listeners for what is coming next.
– On this week’s episodes: Mike discusses a variety of topics in the unusually busy NFL offseason: the current state of the Steelers organization, the Raiders’ stadium situation in Oakland and the Seahawks potential usage of the franchise tag for the first time since 2010.
– When: Multiple times per week
- The Habershow: NBC Sports national NBA Insider Tom Haberstroh sits down with some of the biggest names in the NBA to share the stories and the numbers behind the bigger games and biggest moments in the league.
– On this week’s episode: Memphis Grizzlies executive VP of basketball operations John Hollinger joins the Habershow podcast to discuss the Marc Gasol trade, what really goes on behind the scenes at the trade deadline and the differences between being a national columnist at ESPN and a team’s decision-maker.
– When: Friday, Feb. 22
- Pro Basketball Talk on NBC Sports: Kurt Helin and the team from ProBasketballTalk at NBCSports.com talk all things NBA basketball: news, analysis and even the ridiculous. Regular guests include NBA players and media members.
– On this week’s episodes: Former NBA general manager David Griffin joins, plus a long break down of the Eastern conference playoff chase.
– When: Wednesday, Feb. 20
- College Basketball Talk on NBC Sports: Robert Dauster takes a look at everything happening across college basketball, including a weekly recap of action across the country and each conference, recruiting and looking ahead to the future of the sport.
– On this week’s episodes: On Monday, Jordan Sperber from Hoop Vision and the Solving Basketball podcast joined the Rob to discuss the process teams go through when scouting opponents and provide his breakdown of Tennessee’s loss at Kentucky, in addition to much more. On Thursday, ESPN College Basketball analyst Jay Bilas joins the podcast to discuss Zion Williamson and the Duke-UNC rivalry this seasons.
– When: Multiple times per week
- The 2 Robbies: Robbie Mustoe and Robbie Earle discuss and dissect the top Premier League storylines of every match. Together, the former Premier League players and current NBC Sports analysts provide fans with top-class punditry on the most exciting soccer league in the world.
– On this week’s episode: On Thursday, Robbie Earle and Robbie Mustoe discuss a busy week for Premier League teams playing in the FA Cup and European Cup competitions. Manchester United knocked Chelsea out of the FA Cup, increasing the pressure on Maurizio Sarri, while Liverpool host Bayern Munich and Manchester City travel to Germany to take on Schalke 04 in the Champions League. On Sunday’s show, The Robbies recap a crucial weekend in the Premier League that could have a big impact in the title race. Liverpool hope to regain top spot as they take on Manchester United at Old Trafford. Chelsea and Manchester City face off in the final of the League Cup.
– When: Thursday, Feb. 21 & Sunday, Feb. 24
- White Sox Talk: Hosted by NBC Sports Chicago’s trio of White Sox experts Chuck Garfien, Ryan McGuffey, and Chris Kamka, the White Sox Talk podcast provides fans with in-depth White Sox discussion on the hottest topics and latest breaking news all year long. In addition, fans can look forward to exclusive one-on-one interviews with White Sox players, coaches, front office execs, along with MLB media insiders from coast-to-coast.
– On this week’s episodes: The crew goes in-depth on targeted free agent Manny Machado’s decision to sign with the San Diego Padres. In addition to discussion on what the team’s next move should be, we’ll also hear reaction from White Sox GM Rick Hahn. In addition, the “White Sox Talk” podcast will also provide fans with the latest player progress news from Glendale, AZ, including even more special interviews with White Sox players, coaches, and front office executives.
– When: Tuesday, Feb. 19 & Thursday, Feb. 21
– Available here: https://art19.com/shows/white-sox-podcast, NBCSportsChicago.com/podcasts or via the new MyTeams by NBC Sports app
- Cubs Talk: Hosted by NBC Sports Chicago’s Luke Stuckmeyer, Cubs digital reporter/producer Tony Andracki, along with special appearances by David Kaplan and Kelly Crull, the Cubs Talk podcast provides die-hard Cubs fans with detailed discussion on the hottest topics and latest breaking Cubs news throughout the year. In addition, fans can look forward to exclusive one-on-one interviews with Cubs players, coaches, front office execs, along with MLB media insiders from coast-to-coast.
– On this week’s episodes: The “Cubs Talk” podcast crew discusses what the Machado move to San Diego means for the northsiders moving forward, along with additional podcasts on the latest news and hottest topics surrounding this year’s squad, featuring interviews with Cubs players, coaches, and executives.
– When: Wednesday, Feb. 12 & Fri, Feb. 22
– Available here: https://art19.com/shows/cubs-talk-podcast, NBCSportsChicago.com/podcasts or via the new MyTeams by NBC Sports app
- Rotoworld Football: From fantasy implications to NFL draft analysis to major events, the Rotoworld Football staff has the NFL landscape covered. Listen as Josh Norris, Evan Silva, Roto Pat, Rich Hribar and Ray Summerlin meet three times each week to give their analysis and opinions on everything happening in the NFL
– On this week’s episode: Hayden Winks joins the first episode, focusing on prospect analytics that beat predict early NFL success. And the crew of writers- Ray Summerlin, Patrick Daugherty and Rich Hribar- join Josh to talk all things DF
– When: Multiple times per week
– Available here: http://www.rotoworld.com/podcasts/nfl
- Rotoworld Fantasy Basketball: Matt Stroup and Mike Gallagher have you covered from every angle. Joined by Steve “Dr. A” Alexander, Ryan Knaus and the rest of the Rotoworld crew three times a week they cover everything from the latest injuries, waiver wire pickups, DFS strategies and much more!
– On this week’s episodes: On Monday, Steve Alexander comes on to break down the top waiver wire pickups in fantasy basketball coming out of the All-Star break. On Wednesday, Tommy Beer and Steve Alexander join to make predictions for the rest of the season and break down the predictions from the rest of the Rotoworld hoops crew. Mike Gallagher takes over Friday’s episode and hosts the show as we head into a big weekend after the All-Star break starting up the stretch run.
– When: Monday, Feb. 18; Wednesday, Feb. 20; Friday, Feb. 22
– Available here: http://www.rotoworld.com/podcasts/NBA
- Rotoworld Baseball: Rotoworld’s D.J. Short and Drew Silva detail everything happening in fantasy baseball and what’s happening in MLB.
– On this week’s episode: D.J. Short and Drew Silva give viewers their official catcher and outfielder rankings.
– When: Thursday, Feb. 21
– Available here: http://www.rotoworld.com/podcasts/mlb
— NBC SPORTS —