FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Monday, February 11th, 2019
NEW SEASON, NEW DAILY STUDIO: NASCAR AMERICA DEBUTS TONIGHT AT 5 P.M. ET ON NBCSN FROM CHARLOTTE, N.C.
Reimagined NASCAR America to Feature New Look and Daily Themed Episodes Covering News From Across the Motorsports Industry
Sixth Season of NASCAR America Begins with NASCAR America Monday Hosted by NASCAR on NBC’s Race Team Including Jeff Burton, Dale Jarrett and Steve Letarte
NASCAR America Monday to Preview Sunday’s Daytona 500 and 2019 NASCAR Season
STAMFORD, Conn. – February 11, 2019 – NASCAR America, NBCSN’s daily motorsports show, returns for its sixth season, tonight, Monday, February 11 at 5 p.m. ET, featuring an all-new look, daily studio location, and weekly schedule.
Airing weeknights at 5 p.m. ET, NASCAR America will originate daily from NBC Sports Group’s updated studio in Charlotte, N.C. As part of the show’s rebranding, each weeknight will showcase a different theme focused on the sport of NASCAR, its drivers, teams, fans and the motorsports industry at large. In addition, select episodes will include opportunities for fans to call in live and speak with NASCAR America hosts, analysts, drivers and other guests.
Tonight’s season premiere of NASCAR America will feature the debut of NASCAR America Monday, the first edition of NASCAR America’s daily themed shows. NASCAR America Monday will be hosted by NASCAR on NBC’s Race Team including the “Mayor” of NASCAR Jeff Burton (@JeffBurton), Hall of Fame driver Dale Jarrett (@DaleJarrett), and Daytona 500-winning crew chief Steve Letarte (@SteveLetarte), and will deep-dive into this weekend’s Daytona 500, the official start of the 2019 NASCAR season. NASCAR America Monday will preview the upcoming Monster Energy Cup Series and Xfinity Series action at Daytona International Speedway, and provide comprehensive coverage of the drivers, teams and races.
Beginning next week, and continuing throughout the season, NASCAR America Mondays will focus on the previous weekend’s races, and include highlights, “Turning Points,” driver interviews, expert analysis, and signature NASCAR America segment Scan All.
Listed below is the additional season six linear and digital episode debut schedule for NASCAR America.
Tuesday, February 12
- NASCAR America Presents The Dale Jr. Download: Every Tuesday, NASCAR’s Most Popular Driver for an unprecedented 15 consecutive years (2003-17) and winner of two Daytona 500s, Dale Earnhardt Jr. (@Dalejr) co-hosts NASCAR America with Mike Davis. Produced on-site at Dirty Mo Media Studios in Mooresville, N.C., episodes on Tuesday will expand to one hour, and feature the same unparalleled perspective, candid commentary, and first-person insight of The Dale Jr. Download that fans have come to love.
- NASCAR America Splash & Go: In addition to NBCSN’s linear telecast on Tuesday of The Dale Jr. Download, NBC Sports Digital will feature multiple editions of NASCAR America Splash & Go segments, featuring the news of the day, breaking news, race shop reports and interviews. NBCSports.com’s lead motorsports writer Nate Ryan (@nateryan) will host Splash & Go digital segments and will be joined by a collection of NASCAR on NBC analysts. NASCAR America Splash & Go will be available on NBCSports.com and the NBC Sports app.
Wednesday, February 13
- NASCAR America Presents Motormouths: Hosted by NASCAR on NBC’s Rutledge Wood (@rutledgewood) and Marty Snider (@HeyMartysnider), alongside auto racing icon Kyle Petty (@KylePetty), Motormouths Wednesdays will feature a light-hearted approach to the traditional show, and include regular opportunities for fans to call in to NASCAR America and speak with hosts, analysts, drivers and other guests live on TV.
- NASCAR America Debrief: As a compliment to Wednesday’s telecast of NASCAR America on NBCSN at 5 p.m. ET, NBC Sports Digital will present NASCAR America Debrief, a digital exclusive show available on the NBC Sports YouTube Channel beginning at 6 p.m. ET. Nate Ryan will host NASCAR America Debrief, and will be joined by select NASCAR on NBC analysts and guests from that day’s linear telecast. NASCAR America Debrief will follow the same light-hearted approach as Motormouths, with an emphasis on additional viewer and fan engagement.
Thursday, February 14
- NASCAR America Presents The Motorsports Hour: Featuring NASCAR on NBC host Krista Voda (@kristavoda), with NASCAR drivers and analysts A.J. Allmendinger (@AJDinger) and Parker Kligerman (@pkligerman), NASCAR America’s Motorsports Hour on Thursday will highlight the upcoming weekend’s NASCAR races, and also shine a light on the latest news surrounding IndyCar, IMSA, American Flat Track, Supercross, Motorcross, Mecum collector car auctions, and all of motorsports. Additional analysts will include former IndyCar driver Townsend Bell, former IMSA GT driver Calvin Fish, former IndyCar driver Paul Tracy, as well as Motocross and Supercross legend Ricky Carmichael.
NASCAR America’s Fan Fridays will return to NBCSN in July, live from the site of select NASCAR on NBC races, and will be broadcast from NBC Sports’ Peacock Pit box set located on pit road.
NASCAR America is also available on the NBC Sports app – NBC Sports Group’s live streaming product for desktops, mobile devices, tablets, and connected TV’s.
NASCAR America launched February 24, 2014, as a daily 30-minute news and information program dedicated to the nation’s longstanding fascination with speed and stock car racing. Since its debut, the show has expanded to 60-minute telecasts, added new studios, created more than 20 daily and weekly segments, and welcomed a growing collection of on-air hosts, analysts and recurring guests.
NASCAR ON NBC
NBC Sports Group returns for its fifth season of NASCAR on NBC coverage beginning Sunday, June 30 from Chicagoland Speedway.
The official home of the NASCAR Playoffs, NBC Sports Group will present the final 20 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series races, final 19 NASCAR Xfinity Series races, and select NASCAR Regional & Touring Series events in 2019. NBC Sports Group’s NASCAR programming also includes NBCSN’s daily motorsports show NASCAR America, coverage of NASCAR’s Awards Ceremonies, the annual NASCAR Hall of Fame induction ceremony, as well as original programming specials.
–NBC SPORTS GROUP–