FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Thursday, February 7th, 2019
JACK NICKLAUS HEADLINES THIS WEEK’S GUESTS ON NBC SPORTS PODCASTS
GOLF Channel Debuts the 1Up Podcast with Gary Williams Presented by Peter Millar; This Week’s Episode Features 18-Time Major Champion Jack Nicklaus
STAMFORD, Conn. – February 7, 2019 – Jack Nicklaus, golf’s 18-time major champion, headlines NBC Sports’ new slate of podcasts this week that also features NASCAR on NBC analyst Jeff Burton, former NBA player and broadcaster Cedric Maxwell, and many more.
New episodes of 11 podcasts will be available for download on all major podcast platforms including: NBC Sports’ Scores App, Apple, Stitcher, Spotify, Google Podcasts, TuneIn and iHeart.
Following is a sport-by-sport look at what’s on tap:
- 1Up Podcast with Gary Williams presented by Peter Millar: The 1Up Podcast with Gary Williams presented by Peter Millar is a weekly conversation-based show hosted by Gary Williams where some of the biggest names in sports and beyond share their love of the game of golf.
– On this week’s episode: Gary Williams sits down with 18-time major champion Jack Nicklaus to discuss the state of the game, Tiger Woods’ future, the value of THE PLAYERS, and the essence of competition with Arnold Palmer.
– When: Friday, Feb. 8
- The 2 Robbies: Robbie Mustoe and Robbie Earle discuss and dissect the top Premier League storylines of every match. Together, the former Premier League players and current NBC Sports analysts provide fans with top-class punditry on the most exciting soccer league in the world.
– On this week’s episode: Mustoe and Earle dig deep into the current state of the Premier League title race after Manchester City’s 3-1win over Arsenal, Tottenham’s late victory over Newcastle and Liverpool’s disappointing draw with West Ham. Plus, an in-depth discussion on the pitch invader this weekend, the Goodison Park cat.
– When: Multiples times per week
- NASCAR on NBC: Host Nate Ryan interviews NASCAR stars and insiders each week. Nate also discusses the latest NASCAR news, including a weekly recap of races, and looks ahead to what’s next in the sport.
– On this week’s episode: Wednesday’s new NASCAR on NBC Podcast will be Part II of an extended conversation with NASCAR on NBC analyst Jeff Burton on the state of NASCAR entering the 2019 season. In Part II that will be released Wednesday, Burton weighs in on: The economics of NASCAR and health of the team business model; the outlook of the new rules for 2019 featuring lower horsepower and speeds that could mean tighter racing; the chances of a short-track revival with chatter around Nashville Fairgrounds Speedway possibly making a return to a national series; and more.
– When: Wednesday, Feb. 6
- PFT PM: Mike Florio has conversations with top names and newsmakers in the NFL, while updating his fans on breaking news and story lines that take place during the day and preparing listeners for what is coming next.
– On this week’s episodes: For the first PFT PM Podcast following Super Bowl LIII, Florio is firing on all cylinders. He discusses all things Patriots and Rams, and answers fan questions from Twitter. On Wednesday, Patriots Insider Tom Curran joins the podcast.
– When: Multiple times per week
- The Leisuremen: The Leisuremen podcast features popular personalities/producers Paul Pabst and Andrew Perloff, who bring their entertaining brand of humor, fun, and passion to listeners each week. The show touches on a wide range of topics that go wildly beyond sports – from food, drink, cars, travel, and money to how to properly wear plaid pants.
– On this week’s episode: The Leisuremen recap their week spent in Atlanta for Super Bowl LIII, but it’s a quick turnaround before heading to Pebble Beach, CA for this weekend’s AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am.
– When: Wednesday, Feb. 6
- The Michael Holley Podcast: Michael Holley of NBC Sports Boston interviews a wide variety of guests from different backgrounds and industries in front of a live audience.
– On this week’s episodes: Former professional basketball player Cedric Maxwell joins Holley on this week’s podcast.
– When: Thursday, Feb. 7
- College Basketball Talk on NBC Sports: Robert Dauster takes a look at everything happening across college basketball, including a weekly recap of action across the country and each conference, recruiting and looking ahead to the future of the sport.
– On this week’s episodes: On Monday, Jeff Goodman from Stadium joins the show. On Wednesday, Sam Vecenie of the Athletic stops by.
– When: Multiple times per week
- The Habershow: NBC Sports national NBA Insider Tom Haberstroh sits down with some of the biggest names in the NBA to share the stories and the numbers behind the bigger games ad biggest moments in the league.
– On last week’s episode: Tom previews the trade deadline with Nate Duncan of the Dunc’d On Podcast. They break down the Anthony Davis sweepstakes from all sides, talk about the Knicks’ superstar gambit and talk through the most interesting players and teams ahead of the trade deadline.
– When: Friday, Feb. 1
- White Sox Talk – Hosted by NBC Sports Chicago’s trio of White Sox experts Chuck Garfien, Ryan McGuffey, and Chris Kamka, the White Sox Talk podcast provides fans with in-depth White Sox discussion on the hottest topics and latest breaking news all year long. In addition, fans can look forward to exclusive one-on-one interviews with White Sox players, coaches, front office execs, along with MLB media insiders from coast-to-coast.
– On this week’s episodes: This week’s episodes will focus on “What’s Going On with Harper and Machado?,” as the crew discusses the very latest news and rumors pertaining to this off-season’s biggest free agents and how either player can fit perfectly within the White Sox system for years to come.
– When: Tuesday, Feb. 5 and Thursday, Feb. 7
– Available here: https://art19.com/shows/white-sox-podcast, com/podcasts or via the new MyTeams by NBC Sports app
- Cubs Talk – Hosted by NBC Sports Chicago’s Luke Stuckmeyer, Cubs digital reporter/producer Tony Andracki, along with special appearances by David Kaplan and Kelly Crull, the Cubs Talk podcast provides die-hard Cubs fans with detailed discussion on the hottest topics and latest breaking Cubs news throughout the year. In addition, fans can look forward to exclusive one-on-one interviews with Cubs players, coaches, front office execs, along with MLB media insiders from coast-to-coast.
– On this week’s episodes: This week’s podcasts will feature special one-on-one interviews with pitcher Kyle Hendricks and second-place NL MVP finisher/NL RBI leader Javy Baez to discuss their off-season activities, along with their thoughts on the 2019 roster heading into spring training.
– When: Wednesday, Feb. 6 and Friday, Feb. 8
– Available here: https://art19.com/shows/cubs-talk-podcast, com/podcasts or via the new MyTeams by NBC Sports app
- Rotoworld Football: From fantasy implications to NFL draft analysis to major events, the Rotoworld Football staff has the NFL landscape covered. Listen as Josh Norris, Evan Silva, Roto Pat, Rich Hribar and Ray Summerlin meet three times each week to give their analysis and opinions on everything happening in the NFL.
– On this week’s episode: The podcast crew focuses on the biggest lessons learned from the entire 2018-19 NFL season
– When: Friday, Feb. 8
– Available here: http://www.rotoworld.com/podcasts/nfl
- Rotoworld Fantasy Basketball: Matt Stroup and Mike Gallagher have you covered from every angle. Joined by Steve “Dr. A” Alexander, Ryan Knaus and the rest of the Rotoworld crew three times a week they cover everything from the latest injuries, waiver wire pickups, DFS strategies and much more!
– On this week’s episodes: On Monday, Steve Alexander joins to talk about the top waiver wire pickups in fantasy basketball, and consider the outlook for Dennis Smith Jr. in the wake of his trade to the Knicks. Tuesday’s episode will preview the NBA trade deadline from a fantasy perspective, looking at the most realistic outcomes for Anthony Davis, Marc Gasol, Mike Conley and others. On Friday, Mike Gallagher will have his weekly DFS preview show.
– When: Monday, Feb. 4; Wednesday, Feb. 6; Friday, Feb. 8
– Available here: http://www.rotoworld.com/podcasts/NBA
— NBC SPORTS —