FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Wednesday, January 30th, 2019
BRENT MUSBURGER JOINS THE MIKE TIRICO PODCAST THIS WEEK
All-Star NFL Lineup, including Russell Wilson, Von Miller & Juju Smith-Schuster Joins the PFT PM Podcast with Mike Florio in Atlanta
Special Editions of The Michael Holley Podcast Air All Week From Atlanta Leading Up to Super Bowl LIII
New England Patriots Players David Andrews and Ryan Allen Join The Leisuremen Podcast
GOLF Channel Debuts The Brandel Chamblee Podcast with Jaime Diaz
STAMFORD, Conn. – January 30, 2019 – NBC Sports presents a new slate of podcasts this week featuring various guests, athletes, and special episodes leading up to Super Bowl LIII in Atlanta on Sunday, Feb. 3. Hall of Fame broadcaster and current voice of the Oakland Raiders Brent Musberger joins The Mike Tirico Podcast, former NFL players Troy Brown, Ty Law, and Jay Feely join daily editions of The Michael Holley Podcast, current NFL players, including Russell Wilson, Von Miller and Juju Smith-Schuster join Mike Florio in Atlanta for PFT PM, and New England Patriots players David Andrews and Ryan Allen join The Leisuremen.
In addition, GOLF Channel debuts the inaugural episode of The Brandel Chamblee Podcast with Jamie Diaz this week ahead of coverage of the Waste Management Phoenix Open, starting Saturday, Feb. 2 at 3 p.m. ET on NBC.
New episodes of 12 podcasts will be available for download on all major podcast platforms including: NBC Sports’ Scores App, Apple, Stitcher, Spotify, Google Podcasts, TuneIn and iHeart.
Following is a sport-by-sport look at what’s on tap:
- The Mike Tirico Podcast: This weekly podcast features Mike Tirico’s takes on the biggest news across the sports landscape, including the NFL, as well as interviews with sports commentators and athletes.
– On this week’s episode: With just days until the Patriots and Rams face off in Super Bowl LIII in Atlanta, Mike is joined by Brent Musburger, who has covered nearly every Super Bowl in NFL history. There will be nearly $5 billion in Super Bowl Sunday wagers. What better place to start with the Hall of Fame broadcaster, current voice of the Raiders and VSiN Lead Analyst than with one of his most cherished possessions, his signed photo with Joe Namath when the Jets QB predicted a victory in Super Bowl III?
– When: Thursday, Jan. 31
- PFT PM: Mike Florio has conversations with top names and newsmakers in the NFL, while updating his fans on breaking news and story lines that take place during the day and preparing listeners for what is coming next.
– On this week’s episodes: Florio will be airing multiple episodes this week from Atlanta. Scheduled guests include Danny Amendola; Marquise Goodwin; Matt Ryan, Von Miller, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Greg Olsen, Russell Wilson, Rich McKay, Phillip Lindsay and Cam Jordan.
– When: Multiple times per week
- The Michael Holley Podcast: Michael Holley of NBC Sports Boston interviews a wide variety of guests from different backgrounds and industries in front of a live audience.
– On this week’s episodes: Holley debuts a robust slate of podcasts live from Atlanta in anticipation of the Super Bowl. Guests include former NFL WR Troy Brown, former NFL corner Ty Law, former NFL kicker and CBS announcer Jay Feely, and more.
– When: Multiple episodes
- The Leisuremen: The Leisuremen podcast features popular personalities/producers Paul Pabst and Andrew Perloff, who bring their entertaining brand of humor, fun, and passion to listeners each week. The show touches on a wide range of topics that go wildly beyond sports – from food, drink, cars, travel, and money to how to properly wear plaid pants.
– On this week’s episode: The Leisuremen talk to New England Patriots players David Andrews and Ryan Allen at media night. Plus, they share their favorite moment so far at the Super Bowl and provide their tip of the week.
– When: Tuesday, Jan. 29
- The Brandel Chamblee Podcast with Jamie Diaz: A monthly podcast with GOLF Channel analyst Brandel Chamblee and GOLF Channel insider / award-winning journalist Jaime Diaz discussing, debating and breaking down some of the more interesting topics and stories in golf.
– On this week’s episode: In the debut of their monthly podcast, Chamblee and Diaz debut the two-decade long debate over the greatest player of all time: Tiger Woods or Jack Nicklaus?
– When: Saturday, Jan. 26
- The GOLF Advisor Podcast: The GOLF Advisor team delivers news, trips and commentary on the best places to play golf around the world. Guests range from course architects to superintendents and many others who make the game so great.
– On this week’s episode: On the latest episode of the GOLF Advisor Podcast, host Matt Ginella sits down with U.S. Open Champion Geoff Ogilvy to discuss why Ogilvy calls Scottsdale home, the bullish state of the game of golf, architecture and Ogilvy’s firm.
– When: Tuesday, Jan. 29
- The 2 Robbies: Robbie Mustoe and Robbie Earle discuss and dissect the top Premier League storylines of every match. Together, the former Premier League players and current NBC Sports analysts provide fans with top-class punditry on the most exciting soccer league in the world.
– On this week’s episode: Earle and Mustoe react to the midweek Premier League fixtures highlighted by Manchester City’s shock loss to Newcastle, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer dropping points with Manchester United for the first time and an immense comeback victory for Fulham.
– When: Multiples times per week
- Pro Basketball Talk on NBC Sports: Kurt Helin and the team from ProBasketballTalk at NBCSports.com talk all things NBA basketball: news, analysis and even the ridiculous. Regular guests include NBA players and media members.
– On this week’s episodes: On Tuesday, Kurt discusses Anthony Davis trade news and fallout/permutations. Friday’s episode will touch on the mock draft of the All-Star reserves, which will be announced Thursday night.
– When: Tuesday, Jan. 29 and Friday, Feb. 1
- College Basketball Talk on NBC Sports: Robert Dauster takes a look at everything happening across college basketball, including a weekly recap of action across the country and each conference, recruiting and looking ahead to the future of the sport.
– On this week’s episodes: On Monday’s show, Mike Decourcy will join Dauster
– When: Multiple times per week
- Rotoworld Fantasy Basketball: Matt Stroup and Mike Gallagher have you covered from every angle. Joined by Steve “Dr. A” Alexander, Ryan Knaus and the rest of the Rotoworld crew three times a week they cover everything from the latest injuries, waiver wire pickups, DFS strategies and much more!
– On this week’s episodes: On Monday, Steve Alexander joins Matt to talk about a wide range of waiver wire pickups, including what to make of an enigmatic Tyreke Evans with Victor Oladipo done for the year. Wednesday, Ryan Knaus will be on the show to look at some recent trends and big-name injures players. Most importantly: Should Anthony Davis fantasy owners be panicked? On Friday, Mike Gallagher will have his weekly DFS preview show.
– When: Monday, Jan. 28, Wednesday, Jan. 30 & Friday, Feb. 1
– Available here: http://www.rotoworld.com/podcasts/NBA
- White Sox Talk – Hosted by NBC Sports Chicago’s trio of White Sox experts Chuck Garfien, Ryan McGuffey, and Chris Kamka, the White Sox Talk podcast provides fans with in-depth White Sox discussion on the hottest topics and latest breaking news all year long. In addition, fans can look forward to exclusive one-on-one interviews with White Sox players, coaches, front office execs, along with MLB media insiders from coast-to-coast.
– On this week’s upcoming episodes: This week’s episodes will focus on “Everything We Learned from SoxFest,” as the crew recaps the key moments from this past weekend’s fan convention, along with snippets from interview with newly-acquired first baseman Yonder Alonso and pitcher Michael Kopech. Plus, the “Manny Watch” continues with the latest updates on the team’s continued pursuit of highly-touted free agent Manny Machado.
– When: Tuesday, Jan. 29 & Thursday, Jan. 31
– Available here: https://art19.com/shows/white-sox-podcast, com/podcasts or via the new MyTeams by NBC Sports app
- Cubs Talk – Hosted by NBC Sports Chicago’s Luke Stuckmeyer, Cubs digital reporter/producer Tony Andracki, along with special appearances by David Kaplan and Kelly Crull, the Cubs Talk podcast provides die-hard Cubs fans with detailed discussion on the hottest topics and latest breaking Cubs news throughout the year. In addition, fans can look forward to exclusive one-on-one interviews with Cubs players, coaches, front office execs, along with MLB media insiders from coast-to-coast.
– On this week’s upcoming episodes: This week’s episodes will feature special one-on-one interviews with second baseman Ben Zobrist and pitcher Cole Hamels to discuss their off-season activities, along with their thoughts on the 2019 roster heading into spring training.
– When: Wednesday, Jan. 30 & Friday, Feb. 1
– Available here: https://art19.com/shows/cubs-talk-podcast, com/podcasts or via the new MyTeams by NBC Sports app
— NBC SPORTS —