FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Tuesday, October 31st, 2017
BODE MILLER, THE MOST DECORATED SKIER IN U.S. OLYMPIC HISTORY, TO JOIN NBC OLYMPICS IN PYEONGCHANG
Miller Joins Dan Hicks, Steve Porino & Heather Cox on NBC Olympics’ Alpine Skiing Coverage
Tomorrow Marks 100 Days to Opening Ceremony of PyeongChang Olympics
STAMFORD, Conn. – October 31, 2017 – Bode Miller, the most decorated skier in U.S. Olympic history, will join NBC Olympics’ alpine skiing team for its Winter Games coverage in PyeongChang, South Korea, it was announced today. Tomorrow (Nov. 1) marks 100 Days to the Opening Ceremony of the 2018 PyeongChang Olympics.
Miller makes his NBC Olympics debut as an analyst, alongside alpine skiing voice Dan Hicks, former World Cup skier and on-course reporter Steve Porino, and reporter Heather Cox. Miller worked with NBC Sports on its alpine skiing coverage for six events last season.
“It’s going to be an interesting feeling to be at my first Olympics since 1998 and not be racing. I am looking forward to calling the races with Dan and drawing some inspiration from Olympic-level ski racing that I’ve been able to enjoy the past 20 years, and watching the next generation of racers arrive at the peak of their four-year journeys to the Olympics.” – Bode Miller
“Anytime Bode Miller is on skis, you just have to watch. Now, when he talks about skiing, you’ll want to hear to what he has to say. His opinions are as intuitive and fearless as his turns and, simply put, he will make us better.” – Jim Bell, President, NBC Olympics Production & Programming
SNAP SHOTS – NBC OLYMPICS’ ALPINE SKIING TEAM
- Making NBC Olympics debut in PyeongChang
- Only American to compete in alpine skiing at five Olympics, winning a U.S. skiing record six Olympic medals (bronze at the 2014 Sochi Olympics; gold, silver, and bronze at the 2010 Vancouver Olympics; two silvers at the 2002 Salt Lake Olympics)
- Two-time overall World Cup champion (2005 and 2008)
- Won four gold medals in World Championships — tied for most ever by an American alpine skier
- Miller made his broadcast debut in December 2015 as a commentator on NBC Sports Group’s coverage of the “Birds of Prey” World Cup alpine skiing event from Beaver Creek Resort in Beaver Creek, Colo.
- 11th Olympics overall with NBC
- 2nd time as lead play-by-play commentator for alpine skiing
- Has been NBC’s lead play-by-play voice for swimming at last six Summer Olympics
- 6th Olympics overall with NBC
- 5th consecutive Winter Games as on-course alpine skiing reporter
- Former U.S. Ski team member
- 5th Olympics overall with NBC
- Making Winter Games debut in PyeongChang
- Served as volleyball reporter at 2016 Rio Olympics, and beach volleyball reporter at the three prior Summer Olympics
The NBC Olympics alpine skiing team will next appear on Saturday, Nov. 25 (3 p.m. ET on NBC) and Sunday, Nov. 26 (1 p.m. ET on NBC) to present the FIS World Cup from Killington, Vermont.
THE WINTER OLYMPICS BEGIN FEB. 8, 2018 ON THE NETWORKS OF NBCUNIVERSAL