FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Friday, June 30th, 2017
BYTES: NEW 30+ HOURS OF LIVE EXCLUSIVE HD BONUS COVERAGE FEATURED IN NBC SPORTS GOLD’S START-TO-FINISH PRESENTATION OF EVERY STAGE OF 2017 TOUR DE FRANCE
NBC SPORTS DIGITAL “BYTES”
June 30, 2017 – Vol. 106
NBC Sports Digital “Bytes” is a collection of highlights, information and metrics for NBC Sports Digital properties. Previous editions can be found on NBCSportsGroupPressbox.com.
NBC Sports Gold – NBC Sports Digital’s direct-to-consumer live streaming product – will present expanded coverage of the 2017 Tour de France with its 2017-18 “Cycling Pass,” offering every stage from start to finish for the first time ever, including more than 30 hours of exclusive HD bonus coverage, live and commercial-free. NBC Sports Gold’s presentation marks the first time ever that U.S. video coverage of the event begins prior to 6 a.m. ET, as the “Cycling Pass” start times are as early as 4:50 a.m. ET.
The “Cycling Pass,” which gives fans in the U.S. access to more than 25 races from July 2017 through June 2018, can be purchased in advance of the 2017 Tour de France for $39.99 by visiting NBCSportsGold.com.
With the “Cycling Pass,” fans will be able to catch every moment from the first pedal to the last. Live coverage of Stage 1 on NBC Sports Gold begins tomorrow, Saturday, July 1, at 9 a.m. ET.
While streaming live coverage, viewers will also have access to a live GPS tracking map to follow the riders’ progress, an enhanced interactive map for each stage, full stage video replay, highlights, short‐form video clips, and the ability to pause the video.
Additional elements for the 2017 Tour de France on NBC Sports Gold include:
Before the Tour:
- Stage-by-stage descriptions and previews, featuring historical stage and technical information, as well as travelogue vignettes
- Breakdown of top contenders
- The best of the 2016 Tour de France
During the Tour:
- Live streaming video
- More than 30 hours of exclusive bonus HD video coverage (first time ever that U.S. video coverage begins before 6 a.m. ET)
- Full-stage video replays including highlights, stage recaps, and rider interviews
- Route and stage previews, course and stage maps, elevation profiles, and stage descriptions
- GPS race tracking presented in three ways: a list of rider groups on the road, a live profile of the stage, and a live map of the stage
- Live stage results and detailed standings
- Rider profiles by country and team
- News feed for each stage providing minute-by-minute updates from the race, and real-time commentary feeds from media covering the Tour
The platform will host the data in easy-to-use organized tabs, including “Feed” for news, “Track” for GPS, “Standings” for rider standings in every jersey category, “Riders” for comprehensive rider information, and “More” for additional data about the Tour and NBC Sports Gold’s coverage.
NBC Sports Gold is available on Apple iOS, Android, Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast and online at NBCSportsGold.com.
NBC Sports Gold is powered by Playmaker Media, NBC Sports Digital’s new technology service which provides end-to-end support for companies in need of best-in-class live streaming and VOD solutions.
–NBC SPORTS DIGITAL–