FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Tuesday, March 28th, 2017
CSN ANNOUNCES ITS DEFENDING WORLD SERIES CHAMPION CHICAGO CUBS 2017 MLB SEASON COVERAGE DETAILS
81 Game Regular Season Schedule begins April 4, 7:00 PM at St. Louis on CSN+ featuring Len Kasper and Jim Deshaies with the call all season long!
FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER — Live streaming coverage of EVERY Cubs telecast – including all Pre/Postgame Shows – to be made available to authenticated subscribers on CSNChicago.com and via the NBC Sports app
CSNChicago.com to feature 24/7 reporting from Cubs “Insider” Patrick Mooney; website to also feature live video of Postgame Press Conferences, weekly Cubs podcasts featuring CSN Cubs on-air/digital talent, Daily Player/Coaches Interviews, plus In-Game Twitter updates from CSN talent and much more!
“Cubs Season Preview” special, featuring a complete analysis of this year’s roster and the keys to another World Series repeat, to air TONIGHT at 10:30 PM CT!
Chicago, IL (March 28, 2017) – CSN Chicago (CSN) — the home for the most games and most comprehensive coverage of the defending World Series Champion Chicago Cubs – featuring National League MVP Kris Bryant (.292 avg, 39 HRs, 102 RBI, NL-best 121 runs scored), three-time All-Star/Gold Glove winner Anthony Rizzo (.292 avg, 32 HRs, 109 RBI), All-Star Addison Russell (21 HRs, 95 RBI), three-time All-Star/World Series MVP Ben Zobrist (18 HRs, 76 RBI), World Series standout Kyle Schwarber (.412 avg in postseason), National League “Cy Young” second/third place finishers Jon Lester (19-5, 2.44 ERA w/197 K’s) & Kyle Hendricks (16-8, MLB-best 2.13 ERA w/170 K’s), 2015 Cy Young winner Jake Arrieta (18-8, 3.10 ERA w/190 K’s in ‘16), plus — returning stars Javy Baez, Jason Heyward, Wilson Contreras, Miguel Montero, Albert Almora Jr., newcomers in outfielder John Jay, closer Wade Davis…and manager Joe Maddon (200 regular season wins in his first two seasons on the northside) among others – has announced its 2017 Cubs game telecast & surrounding coverage details, along with numerous digital coverage specifics on CSNChicago.com. CSN’s season-long coverage of the 2017 Chicago Cubs is presented by State Farm.
The 2017 Cubs season on CSN includes 81 live regular season games with the first telecast taking place on Tuesday, April 4 at 7:00 PM CT on CSN+, as the Cubs travel to face the arch-rival St. Louis Cardinals, which will feature the popular Cubs announcing tandem of Len Kasper and Jim Deshaies with the game call. (NOTE: Viewers are urged to visit CSNChicago.com’s CHANNEL FINDER page for the exact CSN+ channel location in their area). Coverage gets underway on Cubs Pregame Live presented by Fields Auto Group beginning at 6:30 PM with host David Kaplan and new CSN Cubs studio analyst David DeJesus, along with CSN’s Cubs beat reporter Kelly Crull and CSNChicago.com Cubs “Insider” Patrick Mooney providing live reports from St. Louis. The game will be immediately followed by an expanded edition of Cubs Postgame Live presented by BlueCross BlueShield of Illinois. NOTE: Crull will also be in St. Louis for the team’s season opener on Sunday, April 2 and will provide post-game reports to air on In the Loop Prime at 10:00 & 10:30 PM.
CSN’s first home Cubs telecast of the 2017 campaign will take place on Thursday, April 13, as the Cubs host their 2016 NLCS opponent – the Los Angeles Dodgers – live from Wrigley Field (pre-game coverage begins with Cubs Pregame Live presented by Fields Auto Group at 12:30 PM; first pitch is set for 1:20 PM).
In addition — beginning THIS season — EVERY Cubs telecast on CSN, including surrounding Cubs Pre/Postgame Live coverage, will be accessible live via CSNChicago.com and the NBC Sports app to authenticated CSN Chicago subscribers. The live stream of CSN’s Cubs telecasts is also presented by State Farm. The live streaming service is currently available to customers of Comcast/Xfinity, DIRECTV, DISH Network, AT&T U-verse, Mediacom, RCN, WOW!, Time Warner Cable and Charter among numerous other carriers. For a full list of carriers and more information about CSN Chicago’s live streaming service of White Sox games, viewers are urged to visit the following link: http://www.csnchicago.com/live-faq.
Among the 2017 Cubs regular season schedule highlights on CSN — featuring 45 weeknight primetime starts — include 37 NL Central battles highlighted by games against the arch-rival St. Louis Cardinals (eight games), 2015 season NL Wildcard Game opponent Pittsburgh Pirates (eight games), I-90 rival Milwaukee Brewers (11 games), along with the Cincinnati Reds (ten games). In addition, viewers can look forward to the ONLY locally-televised game when the New York Yankees visit Wrigley Field for an interleague battle on May 5, plus – CSN will also carry the Cubs in another interleague clash when they visit the defending AL East champion Boston Red Sox on April 28. Other key match-ups of note include a pair of games against the LA Dodgers (Apr. 13 & May 28), and four games against the NL East champion Washington Nationals, among many others. ALSO — CSN will carry all four Cubs-White Sox “Crosstown Cup” interleague games this year. (NOTE: the July 25 & 27 “Crosstown” games will be “Cubs” telecasts on CSN, while the July 24 & 26 games will be “White Sox” telecasts).
For the fifth-straight season, Cubs play-by-play man Len Kasper and former MLB pitcher/veteran game analyst Jim Deshaies join forces for every Cubs telecast on CSN. Plus, new this season – CSN’s David Kaplan will be joined by former Cubs/MLB standout David DeJesus before and after the majority of CSN Cubs telecasts on Cubs Pregame Live presented by Fields Auto Group and Cubs Postgame Live presented by BlueCross BlueShield of Illinois.
SPECIAL PROGRAMMING NOTE: CSN will also air an In the Loop Prime: Cubs Season Preview special (presented by GMC) TONIGHT (Tuesday, March 28) at 10:30 PM CT. Hosted by David Kaplan and David DeJesus, the Cubs Season Preview special will provide a complete breakdown of all of the off-season transactions, a deep look at this year’s roster, along with numerous players and coaches interviews, and a detailed discussion on the key factors needed for a World Series repeat. This special will also air on Friday, Mar. 31 at 4:00 PM and Sun, April 2 at 4:00 PM.
In addition to its live stream of every Cubs regular season telecast, CSNChicago.com also delivers comprehensive 24/7 Cubs coverage all season long, including the following highlights:
- Live stream of Cubs manager Joe Maddon’s post-game press conferences (sponsored by Xfinity) following every home game.
- Cubs “Insider” Patrick Mooney returns for his eighth season on the beat. Follow him on Twitter @CSNMooney for the latest team/player news and inside access 24/7. Mooney will also file daily stories/video reports and will make regular on-air appearances throughout the season on Cubs Pregame Live presented by Fields Auto Group, SportsTalk Live, In the Loop and in select CSN Cubs home games. All Patrick Mooney content on CSNChicago.com is sponsored by Jeff Vukovich & Nationwide.
- David Kaplan will once again offer on-going reports and insight throughout the 2017 Cubs/MLB season. Kaplan can also be followed on Twitter @thekapman, for up-to-the-second Cubs news. In addition, fans are urged to follow CSN Cubs beat reporter Kelly Crull (@Kelly_Crull) and new CSN Cubs studio analyst David DeJesus (@David_DeJesus3) for additional Cubs news, interviews, and insight all season long.
- CSNChicago.com digital baseball reporters Tony Andracki (@TonyAndracki23) and JJ Stankevitz (@JJStankevitz) will also be providing Cubs game day reports, analysis and features throughout the season.
- “Cubs Talk PODCAST” – Featuring Cubs Pre/Postgame Live host David Kaplan, CSN Cubs beat reporter Kelly Crull, CSNChicago.com Cubs “Insider” Patrick Mooney, Cubs digital reporter Tony Andracki, and an array of special guests, CSN’s “Cubs Talk” podcast features in-depth Cubs discussion on the hottest topics and breaking news all season long. Fans can download all of CSN’s podcasts at CSNChicago.com/podcasts and simply subscribe to them via iTunes, Google Play or Stitcher. The podcasts can be played on any mobile device, laptop, or desktop computer.
- CubsTalk (CSNChicago.com/cubs) – CSNChicago.com’s high-velocity, real-time, comprehensive Cubs news and opinion section featuring original commentary, reporting and aggregation. CubsTalk contains interactive content with continually updated insights from the network’s talent, which includes the new #CubsTalk podcast.
- @CSNCubs on Twitter provides 24/7 full team coverage, giveaways, fan photos and game day news straight from Wrigley Field and across the country.
- Push Alerts: CSN Chicago will deliver Cubs push notifications for breaking team and player news, “Insider” reports, plus game reminder alerts via CSN Chicago’s SportsTalk app for iOS and Android devices.
- Cubs coverage on CSNChicago.com/cubs is presented by Wintrust
- CSN Chicago’s Cubs content will also be distributed via its digital network of partnerships including NBCSports.com, NBCNews.com, and Xfinity.com.
For the tenth-straight season, CSN will produce every Cubs regular season home and road game in a high-definition (HD) format. In addition, nine Cubs games are currently scheduled to be telecast on CSN Plus (see attached schedule). CSN Plus (CSN+) telecasts are provided to CSN affiliates and distributed to viewers when two live events are scheduled simultaneously. CSN+ is available in high-definition on Comcast/Xfinity ch. 201 in the Chicago area/South Bend, IN & on Comcast/Xfinity ch. 285 in the Peoria, Springfield, Rockford and Champaign markets, along with being made available in DIRECTV, DISH Network, AT&T U-verse, RCN, and WOW! homes among others; viewers are urged to visit CSNChicago.com’s CHANNEL FINDER for complete channel location details). Comcast Cable and RCN subscribers can also watch all CSN+ games in standard definition on CLTV.
Before a number of Cubs games on CSN (including all weekend telecasts), fans can tune to Cubs Pregame Live presented by Fields Auto Group featuring a half-hour of pre-game analysis, interviews and the very latest Cubs news (NOTE: for weeknight 7:00 PM game start times or earlier, pre-game coverage can be found on SportsTalk Live presented by The Chevy Silverado featuring host David Kaplan or on In the Loop presented by Comcast Business). Following the majority of all games, viewers can look forward to the most comprehensive post-game wrap-up show on Cubs Postgame Live presented by BlueCross BlueShield of Illinois featuring live coverage of Cubs manager Joe Maddon’s post-game press conferences and live locker room interviews with Cubs players. Following primetime editions of Cubs Postgame Live, CSN will air In the Loop Prime presented by GMC at 10:00 PM and/or In the Loop Prime presented by State Farm at 10:30 PM for a complete recap of the day’s top local and national sports news, along with the most popular topics, videos, posts and more in the social media universe.
CSNChicago.com/NBC Sports app
2017 Chicago Cubs Schedule
Regular Season: (every game available in HD)
- Tue, Apr 4 7:00 pm @ St. Louis CSN+
- Fri, April 7 7:00 pm @ Milwaukee
- Sat, Apr 8 6:00 pm @ Milwaukee CSN+
- Thu, Apr 13 1:20 pm vs Los Angeles Dodgers
- Sat, Apr 15 1:20 pm vs Pittsburgh
- Mon, Apr 17 7:00 pm vs Milwaukee
- Wed, Apr 19 1:20 pm vs Milwaukee
- Sun, Apr 23 12:00 pm @ Cincinnati
- Wed, Apr 26 6:00 pm @ Pittsburgh
- Fri, Apr 28 6:00 pm @ Boston
- Mon, May 1 7:00 pm vs Philadelphia CSN+
- Tue, May 2 7:00 pm vs Philadelphia
- Wed, May 3 7:00 pm vs Philadelphia
- Fri, May 5 1:20 pm vs New York Yankees
- Mon, May 8 7:30 pm @ Colorado
- Wed, May 10 2:00 pm @ Colorado
- Fri, May 12 7:00 pm @ St. Louis
- Tue, May 16 7:00 pm vs Cincinnati
- Thu, May 18 1:20 pm vs Cincinnati
- Fri, May 19 1:20 pm vs Milwaukee
- Sat, May 20 1:20 pm vs Milwaukee
- Tue, May 23 6:00 pm vs San Francisco
- Wed, May 24 7:00 pm vs San Francisco
- Sun, May 28 3:00 pm @ Los Angeles Dodgers
- Tue, May 30 9:00 pm @ San Diego CSN+
- Fri, June 2 1:20 pm vs St. Louis
- Mon, June 5 7:00 pm vs Miami
- Tue, June 6 7:00 pm vs Miami
- Thu, June 8 7:00 pm vs Colorado CSN+
- Fri, June 9 1:20 pm vs Colorado
- Mon, June 12 6:00 pm @ New York Mets
- Wed, June 14 6:00 pm @ New York Mets
- Sun, June 18 12:30 pm @ Pittsburgh
- Mon, June 19 7:00 pm vs San Diego
- Tue, June 20 7:00 pm vs San Diego
- Thu, June 22 6:00 pm @ Miami
- Sun, June 25 12:00 pm @ Miami
- Mon, June 26 6:00 pm @ Washington
- Wed, June 28 6:00 pm @ Washington
- Thu, June 29 3:00 pm @ Washington
- Sat, July 1 3:00 pm @ Cincinnati
- Wed, July 5 1:20 pm vs Tampa Bay
- Fri, July 7 1:20 pm vs Pittsburgh
- Fri, July 14 6:00 pm @ Baltimore
- Tue, July 18 6:30 pm @ Atlanta
- Wed, July 19 11:00 am @ Atlanta
- Sat, July 22 3:00 pm vs St. Louis
- Tue, July 25 1:20 pm vs WHITE SOX
- Thu, July 27 7:00 pm @ WHITE SOX
- Fri, July 28 7:00 pm @ Milwaukee CSN+
- Sun, July 30 1:00 pm @ Milwaukee
- Tue, Aug 1 7:00 pm vs Arizona
- Thu, Aug 3 1:20 pm vs Arizona
- Sun, Aug 6 1:20 pm vs Washington
- Tue, Aug 8 9:00 pm @ San Francisco
- Wed, Aug 9 2:30 pm @ San Francisco
- Fri, Aug 11 8:30 pm @ Arizona
- Tue, Aug 15 7:00 pm vs Cincinnati
- Thu, Aug 17 1:20 pm vs Cincinnati
- Fri, Aug 18 1:20 pm vs Toronto
- Wed, Aug 23 6:00 pm @ Cincinnati
- Thu, Aug 24 6:00 pm @ Cincinnati
- Sun, Aug 27 12:30 pm @ Philadelphia
- Tue, Aug 29 7:00 pm vs Pittsburgh CSN+
- Wed, Aug 30 7:00 pm vs Pittsburgh
- Thu, Aug 31 7:00 pm vs Atlanta
- Sat, Sept 2 1:20 pm vs Atlanta
- Sun, Sept 3 1:20 pm vs Atlanta
- Tue, Sept 5 6:00 pm @ Pittsburgh
- Thu, Sept 7 6:00 pm @ Pittsburgh
- Sat, Sept 9 3:00 pm vs Milwaukee
- Tue, Sept 12 7:00 pm vs New York Mets
- Sun, Sept 17 1:20 pm vs St. Louis
- Tue, Sept 19 6:00 pm @ Tampa Bay
- Thu, Sept 21 7:00 pm @ Milwaukee CSN+
- Sat, Sept 23 6:00 pm @ Milwaukee
- Mon, Sept 25 7:00 pm @ St. Louis
- Tue, Sept 26 7:00 pm @ St. Louis CSN+
- Wed, Sept 27 7:00 pm @ St. Louis
- Fri, Sept 29 1:20 pm vs Cincinnati
- Sat, Sept 30 3:00 pm vs Cincinnati
81 Regular Season Games – 41 home, 40 away
Schedule Subject to Change
All Times Central Time
CSN Chicago, a partnership between the Chicago Blackhawks (NHL), Chicago Bulls (NBA), Chicago Cubs (MLB), Chicago White Sox (MLB) and the NBC Sports Group, features over 275 live pro games in high definition each year. In addition, CSN delivers extensive pre/post-game coverage for its core pro team partners, as well as the Chicago Bears, along with numerous entertaining local sports discussion/social media-focused programs via In the Loop and SportsTalk Live. Through the network’s growing digital platform, CSNChicago.com, Chicago sports fans tap into the most comprehensive and dedicated 24/7 online destination for breaking news, up-to-the-minute game previews/recaps, highlights, multimedia video clips, and standout coverage from CSNChicago.com’s team of “Insiders.” Follow the network on Twitter via @CSNChicago.
NBC Sports Regional Networks is NBC Sports Group’s portfolio of nine regional networks that delivers more than 2,200 live sporting events annually and original content to more than 43 million homes. Aligned within network groups in the East and West, the NBC Sports Regional Networks are: CSN New England, CSN Philadelphia, TCN, CSN Mid-Atlantic, SNY; and CSN Bay Area, CSN California, CSN Chicago, and CSN Northwest. For additional information, visit ComcastSportsNet.com. For more information on NBC Sports Group properties, including press releases, photos, talent and executive bios, headshots and logos, please visit NBCSportsGroupPressBox.com.