FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Wednesday, March 15th, 2017
AMERICAN RYDER CUP HERO PATRICK REED TO JOIN “FEHERTY”, PREMIERING MONDAY, MARCH 20 AT 9 P.M. ET
ORLANDO, Fla. (March 15, 2017) – Following record viewership for the season 7 premiere featuring Phil Mickelson, David Feherty will welcome his next guest – American Ryder Cup hero, Patrick Reed – on the next episode of Feherty presented by Farmers Insurance® , premiering Monday, March 20 at 9 p.m. ET. The episode will premiere immediately following Golf Channel’s WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play Bracket Special, airing live from 7:30-9 p.m. ET from Hotel Van Zandt in Austin, Texas.
Filmed at Bluejack National golf course outside of Houston and inside Reed’s home nearby, the five-time PGA TOUR winner also invites Feherty to tag along for a ride in his red Lamborghini. Reed discusses several topics over the course of the interview, including:
- His animated exchanges with Rory McIlroy during their singles match at the 2016 Ryder Cup, and his competitive drive for playing on a team at the Ryder Cup, Presidents Cup and in the Olympics.
- Looking back on his oft-reported comment in March 2014 about considering himself – at the time – to be a “top-5 player in the world”.
- Providing some context around his collegiate golf career, including his decision to transfer from the University of Georgia to Augusta State University.
- His first PGA TOUR victory, and the significance of having earned the win with his wife Justine on the bag as his caddie.
- Recalling the scariest moment in his life after discovering Justine having a seizure in the bathtub.
Record viewership surrounding season 7 premiere of Feherty
Feherty saw record viewership for the season 7 premiere with Mickelson, with Part I becoming the most-watched Golf Channel original production ever on a Live+3 basis (.41 rating, 640k avg. viewers).
Upcoming guests scheduled to appear on Feherty include former United States Secretary of State, Condoleezza Rice (Monday, March 27 at 9 p.m. ET), and Golden Globe / Academy Award-winning actor, Matthew McConaughey.
Described as “golf’s iconoclast,” by Rolling Stone, and “the last unscripted man on TV,” by Men’s Journal, Feherty is coming off a banner year in 2016. Highlights include: sitting down with now four U.S. Presidents: Bill Clinton, George W. Bush, Barack Obama, and Donald Trump; serving as an NBC Olympic correspondent in Rio; appearing on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon; being profiled on the Emmy award-winning HBO original series, Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel; and playing a key role in NBC Sports’ unprecedented 12-week stretch of premier golf events beginning with The Open and concluding with the Ryder Cup.
-NBC Sports Group-