FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Friday, June 10th, 2016
BYTES: NBC SPORTS GROUP DELIVERS RECORD 60 MILLION VIDEO-ON-DEMAND VIEWS FOR MONTH OF MAY
NBC SPORTS DIGITAL “BYTES”
June 10, 2016 – Vol. 91
NBC Sports Digital “Bytes” is a collection of highlights, information and metrics for NBC Sports Digital properties. Previous editions can be found on NBCSportsGroupPressbox.com.
NBC Sports Group Delivers Record 60 Million Video-On-Demand Views For Month Of May
Boosted by the 2016 Stanley Cup Playoffs and Triple Crown horse racing, NBC Sports Group experienced its best month ever for video-on-demand views, delivering 60 million views across all platforms (available data dates back to January 2015). NBC Sports Group’s top videos for the month of May included:
- com: Nyquist’s win in the 2016 Kentucky Derby (here).
- Twitter: The Pittsburgh Penguins’ Nick Bonino scores game-winning goal in overtime to send the Penguins into the Eastern Conference Final (here).
- Facebook: 92-year-old WWII vet Burke Waldron throws a fantastic first pitch at a Seattle Mariners game (here).
CSNNE.com Features Mock NBA Draft Content
As CSNNE.com continues to look forward to the future of the Celtics, the site has been featuring mock NBA Draft content to give fans potential outlooks and scenarios. In its most recent NBA Mock Draft, CSNNE.com Insider Sherrod Blakely shakes it up a bit and has the C’s taking someone other than Dragan Bender with the 3rd overall pick. The video has delivered 600,000 page views, an all-time high for mock draft content on CSNNE.com.
NBC Sports Live Extra Rebranded as The NBC Sports App
As previously announced, NBC Sports Digital is re-branding its live streaming product from NBC Sports Live Extra to the NBC Sports app. In 2016, the NBC Sports app, along with NBCSports.com and NBCOlympics.com, will live stream more than 10,000 events, including 4,500 hours of coverage of the 2016 Rio Olympics, all via TV Everywhere.
NBC Sports Digital has been live streaming some of the most high-profile events in sports for more than a decade, including the Summer and Winter Olympics, the Super Bowl, Sunday Night Football – primetime television’s No. 1 show – the Stanley Cup Final, the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup, the PGA TOUR, the Premier League, Notre Dame Football, the Triple Crown, and many more major events. The NBC Sports Live Extra brand was introduced in February 2012.
In addition to the NBC Sports app re-brand, which will take effect later this month, NBC Sports Digital is re-branding its premium cycling app from NBC Sports Tour de France Live to NBC Sports Gold. The re-branded app will provide live streaming coverage plus shoulder programming for the Tour de France and more than 15 major races during the cycling season. Click here for more information.
ICYMI on NBC SportsWorld, & CSN Bay Area
NBC Sports national columnist Joe Posnanski, CSNBayArea.com senior insider Ray Ratto, and CSNBayArea.com Warriors insider Monte Poole pay tribute to Muhammad Ali:
- Posnanski’s “History in the Making,” about how Ali came to light the Olympic cauldron at the 1996 Olympic Games in Atlanta.
- Ratto’s “The Icon We Needed,” which details why Muhammad Ali is widely considered the greatest boxer to step into the ring, and how he was much, much more than that.
- Posnanski’s “Magic Man,” about how Ali made us laugh, made us shout, made us cheer, and made us cry.
- Poole writes about the time, as a young sports reporter, he had dinner with Ali, here.
— NBC SPORTS DIGITAL —