FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Friday, January 8th, 2016
BYTES: NBCSN & YAHOO!’S FANTASY FOOTBALL LIVE NAMED A FINALIST FOR BEST FANTASY SHOW BY FSTA
NBC SPORTS DIGITAL “BYTES”
January 8, 2016 – Vol. 80
NBC Sports Digital “Bytes” is a collection of highlights, information and metrics for NBC Sports Digital properties. Previous editions can be found on NBCSportsGroupPressbox.com
NBCSN & Yahoo’s Fantasy Football Live Named a Finalist For Fantasy Sports Trade Association Award
The Fantasy Sports Trade Association has named NBCSN and Yahoo’s Fantasy Football Live program as one of five finalists for an FSTA award in the ‘Best Fantasy Sports Video Broadcast’ category. Now in its third season on NBCSN, Fantasy Football Live was born out of the Yahoo Sports – NBC Sports Network digital alliance. The program combines the best fantasy football expertise from Yahoo Sports and NBC Sports, including unique metrics from Yahoo Sports’ leading fantasy football platform, and full integration with NBC Sports’ premier fantasy sports information site, Rotoworld.com.
The 30-minute, multi-platform fantasy football program airs Tuesdays through Thursdays at 6:30 p.m. ET on NBCSN during the NFL regular season. Fantasy Football Live is hosted by NBC Sports’ Dave Briggs, and features a roster of NBC Sports, Rotoworld and Yahoo Sports fantasy analysts, including NBCSN’s Kay Adams, Brian Westbrook, Jon Ritchie and Ross Tucker, and Yahoo Sports’ Brad Evans, Brandon Funston and Andy Behrens. The award winners will be announced on January 20.
ProFootballTalk.com & Rotoworld.com Celebrate Record 2015
Continuing on the success of NBC Sports Digital in 2015, ProFootballTalk.com — the industry-leading, critically-acclaimed NFL information site from Mike Florio — and Rotoworld.com — the internet’s highest-trafficked fantasy sports information site and the industry leader in fantasy sports information — experienced a record year:
- PFT delivered 387 million visits and 712 million page views, up 8% and 6%, respectively, over 2014, and 11 million average monthly unique users, up 11% over 2014.
- PFT’s top five posts for 2015 were:
- “Leinart says ‘every’ quarterback tampers with the ball, except one”
- “Video shows employee taking 24 balls into bathroom”
- “NFL Media releases 2011 Wal-Mart incident report involving Dez Bryant”
- “Stephen A. Smith suggests racism in Chip Kelly’s roster moves”
- “League confirms ball-deflation investigation”
- PFT’s top five posts for 2015 were:
- Rotoworld.com recorded 263 million page views, up 7% over 2014, and averaged 5.3 million average monthly unique users, up 13% over 2014.
Rotoworld.com also announced this week its most-trafficked athletes of 2015, with the debut of the Rotoworld Top 50. The Rotoworld Top 50 features the top 50 overall most-trafficked fantasy players from seven different leagues and sports, as well as individual athlete lists of the 50 most-trafficked fantasy players from each league and sport. Following were the top ten players from 2015:
- Arian Foster (NFL)
- Marshawn Lynch (NFL)
- Alshon Jeffery (NFL)
- J. Yeldon (NFL/CFB)
- Matt Forte (NFL)
- Charcandrick West (NFL)
- J. Spiller (NFL)
- Brandon LaFell (NFL)
- Eddie Lacey (NFL)
- J. Anderson (NFL)
Click here for more information on the Rotoworld Top 50.
Click here for a full recap of NBC Sports Digital’s records, partnerships, and initiatives in 2015.
CSN Bay Area and CSN California Kick Off “Authentic Fanuary”
CSN Bay Area and CSN California (@CSNAuthentic) have rolled out “Authentic Fanuary,” a multi-faceted marketing campaign, highlighted by the network giving away over 100 extraordinary sports experiences and prizes throughout January. Prizes include two tickets to the Coaching Corps “Game Changer Awards” ceremony and dinner on January 26th featuring reigning NBA MVP Stephen Curry and other Bay Area sports luminaries. The “Authentic Fanuary” campaign will utilize television, online, social media (specific details listed below) and on-site fan engagement at Bay Area sporting events.
- CSN will promote the “Authentic Fanuary” campaign – using the hashtag #AuthenticFanuary – on its various social media accounts, including:
- Facebook: CSN Bay Area’s Facebook account (https://www.facebook.com/csnbayarea/) will provide users with “Authentic Fanuary” news and updates, sharable images and videos;
- Twitter: @CSNAuthentic (https://twitter.com/CSNAuthentic) will provide real-time “Authentic Fanuary” news, photos and video;
- Instagram: @CSNAuthentic (https://www.instagram.com/csnauthentic/) will engage fans throughout the month with captivating and sharable imagery and video;
- Snapchat: CSN Bay Area will showcase “Authentic Fanuary” via Snapchat (@CSNAuthentic) with a series of behind-the-scenes content throughout the campaign.
ICYMI on NBC SportsWorld, NBC Sports Digital’s Long-Form Website
With the Baseball Hall of Fame class announced Wednesday, Joe Posnanski broke down his ballot and explained why he voted for new enshrinees Ken Griffey Jr. and Mike Piazza. Click here for the long-form story on NBC SportsWorld.
Posnanski also went in depth on the controversial candidacies of Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens and other steroid-era titans, and he explained why he supported all of them. Click here for the story.
— NBC SPORTS DIGITAL —