FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Wednesday, November 18th, 2015
COUNTDOWN TO CHAMPIONSHIP SUNDAY: NBC SPORTS DIGITAL & SOCIAL MEDIA SURROUNDS NBC’S NASCAR COVERAGE
Steve Letarte Pens Personal Essay for NBCSports.com on Jeff Gordon’s Final Season
Custom Vines, Social Videos & Graphics to Celebrate Gordon’s Final Laps
Exclusive Behind-The-Scenes Content & Around-The-Clock Coverage on All Social Platforms
Four Days to NASCAR Sprint Cup Championship Sunday
STAMFORD, Conn. – Nov. 18, 2015 – To gear up for the NASCAR Sprint Cup and XFINITY Series Championships from Homestead-Miami Speedway this weekend, the NBC Sports Digital and Social Media teams are deploying around-the-clock coverage across all of NBC Sports’ social media platforms this week.
NBC presents the 2015 NASCAR Sprint Cup Championship race Sunday, Nov. 22, at 3 p.m. ET and final NASCAR XFINITY Series race of 2015 Saturday, Nov. 21, at 2:45 p.m. ET on NBC.
NBCSPORTS.COM ROLLS OUT COMPREHENSIVE SPRINT CUP CHAMPIONSHIP COVERAGE
NBCSports.com brings racing fans up-to-the-minute news, video and information. The site also serves as the destination for all news, analysis and video from NBC and NBCSN productions of NASCAR, including contributions from on-air commentators.
This week’s content includes:
- “Road to the Championship Round” features on each of the Championship 4 drivers. Each feature utilizes videos, quotes and expert analysis from motorsports reporters Dustin Long and Nate Ryan. Click here to read the four features.
- A personal essay penned by NASCAR on NBC analyst and Jeff Gordon’s former crew chief Steve Letarte. Click here for the link to Steve’s essay.
- Denny Hamlin, Carl Edwards, Jimmie Johnson, Kevin Harvick, Terry Labonte, Justin Allgaier and Kyle Busch share their memories of Jeff Gordon and his impact on the sport. View their tributes here
On Thursday, Rick Hendrick talks with Nate Ryan before one of the most exceptional and pressure-filled weeks of Jeff Gordon’s career. Ray Evernham reflects on being the No. 24 team’s first crew chief and assesses the Championship 4 contenders’ chances of securing a win in Miami.
In addition, Nate Ryan’s NBC SportsWorld piece focuses on the search for Jeff Gordon’s first car. Nate Ryan and Dustin Long provide complete trackside coverage throughout the weekend.
NBC SPORTS GROUP’S SPRINT CUP CHAMPIONSHIP SOCIAL MEDIA COVERAGE
NBC Sports’ social media accounts will make sure every fan has an “all access” pass to this week’s festivities and Championship races in South Florida.
- Facebook: The NBC Sports and NASCAR on NBC Facebook accounts will provide users with news from NASCAR Talk, shareable images, and videos.
- Twitter: @NASCARonNBC and @NBCSports will provide real-time news and photos from Miami.
- Instagram: The NBC Sports Instagram account will be one-stop shopping for photos throughout Championship Weekend in Miami, with behind-the-scenes access to NBC’s production.
- Vine: The NBC Sports social team will create exclusive Vine content from Miami.
CELEBRATING JEFF GORDON’S FINAL LAPS: In celebration of Gordon’s final career race, the NBC Sports Social Media team utilizes multiple platforms to showcase his impact on the sport.
- 93 Win Vine: Utilizing a photo from every one of Jeff Gordon’s 93 wins, NBC Sports’ Social Media team created a rapid-fire six second Vine.
- Mosaic Video: Utilizing the 93 Win Vine, NBC Sports’ Social Media team created a longer form video that culminates with a mosaic image of Jeff Gordon.
- #24HoursOfJG: In celebration of “throwback Thursday,” from midnight to midnight on the Thursday Nov. 19, every hour NBC Sports Social Media will release a different throwback photo of the No. 24.
- NBC Sports Social Media will release custom graphics and images featuring quotes from Gordon on social media throughout the weekend.
NASCAR on NBC
NBC Sports Group presents the final 20 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races, final 19 NASCAR XFINITY Series events, select NASCAR Regional & Touring Series events and other live NASCAR related content. NBC Sports Group is the home of the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup, when the elite national series races through its final 10 events of the season. NBC Sports Group’s NASCAR programming also includes NASCAR America on NBCSN, airing weekdays at 5 p.m. ET, coverage of NASCAR’s Awards Ceremonies, the annual NASCAR Hall of Fame induction ceremony, as well as original programming specials.
–NBC SPORTS GROUP–