FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Monday, July 27th, 2015
NASCAR SPRINT CUP RACE FROM THE BRICKYARD DELIVERS NBCSN’s MOST-WATCHED TELECAST EVER
Kyle Busch’s Victory at Indy Averages 4.7 Million Viewers and 3.0 HH Rating
STAMFORD, Conn. – July 27, 2015 – NBCSN’s live telecast of NASCAR Sprint Cup racing from historic Indianapolis Motor Speedway led the network to its most-watched telecast ever yesterday, averaging 4.7 million viewers. Viewership peaked from 6:30 – 6:45 p.m. ET as 5.6 million viewers watched Kyle Busch race to his third consecutive Sprint Cup victory, and his fourth win in five events.
NBCSN NASCAR Sprint Cup viewership highlights include:
- With 4.7 million average viewers and a 3.0 national HH rating, Sunday’s Brickyard 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup race stands as NBCSN’s most-watched and highest-rated telecast ever.
- Viewership peaked from 6:30 – 6:45 p.m. ET with 5.6 million viewers
- Yesterday’s Sprint Cup race ranks as the most-watched NASCAR event on cable since last year’s season-ending championship race from Homestead (5.2 million on ESPN).
- The Brickyard event marks consecutive weeks of growth for Sprint Cup racing on NBCSN. With 4.7 million average viewers, the Brickyard 400 is up +27% from New Hampshire (3.7 million) and up +47% from Kentucky (3.2 million).
- Fans streamed 3.7 million minutes of live NASCAR coverage this past weekend via NBC Sports Live Extra.
For more information about NBC Sports Group shows and properties, including press releases, photos, talent and executive bios and headshots, please visit NBCSportsGroupPressBox.com.
–NBC SPORTS GROUP–