FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Tuesday, July 21st, 2015
PACED BY NASCAR SPRINT CUP SERIES RACE, NBCSN DOUBLES VIEWERSHIP VS. 2014 FOR SECOND CONSECUTIVE WEEKEND
NASCAR Sprint Cup Race from New Hampshire Ranks as Most-Watched Cable Telecast of Weekend with 3.7 Million Viewers
NASCAR Sprint Cup Race Posts NBCSN’s Best Non-Olympic Rating Ever
IndyCar Averages 500,000+ Viewers for 3 Consecutive Races for First Time on NBCSN
STAMFORD, Conn. – July 21, 2015 – Paced by its second live NASCAR Sprint Cup race, NBCSN more than doubled its total-day viewership vs. last year for the second consecutive weekend. NBCSN will televise a live NASCAR Sprint Cup race on each of the next five weekends.
NBCSN posted a total day average of 593,000 viewers this past weekend – up 186% from the same weekend last year.
Sunday’s presentation of NASCAR Sprint Cup Racing from New Hampshire ranked as the most-watched cable program of the weekend and highlighted NBCSN’s triple-header weekend of racing. NBCSN kicked off its live racing with a Saturday matinee NASCAR XFINITY Series race leading into a primetime IndyCar telecast, which set another viewership milestone for the network.
NBCSN motorsports viewership highlights include:
- NBCSN registered a total-day average of 593,000 viewers this past weekend (July 18-19), up 186% from the same weekend last year (July 19-20, 2014) and marking the second consecutive weekend – both featuring NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races – that the network doubled average total-day viewership vs. 2014.
- NBCSN’s Sunday afternoon presentation of the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race averaged 3.7 million viewers – ranking as the most-watched cable telecast of the weekend. In addition, the race earned the highest non-Olympic HH rating in NBCSN history (2.37).
- Viewership for Sunday’s NASCAR telecast peaked at 4.4 million viewers from 4:15-4:30 p.m. ET as Kyle Busch won his third Sprint Cup race in four weekends.
- NBCSN’s Saturday afternoon NASCAR XFINITY Series race averaged 1.3 million viewers.
- Fans streamed 1.9 million minutes of live NASCAR racing last weekend via NBC Sports Live Extra.
- NBCSN’s Saturday night Verizon IndyCar Series Iowa Corn 300 telecast averaged 541,000 viewers, marking the first time since NBC Sports Group acquired IndyCar cable exclusivity in 2008 that three consecutive IndyCar races on the cable network eclipsed 500,000 viewers. Saturday’s primetime telecast produced a 0.29 HH rating, while viewership was up 29% vs. last year’s race at Iowa (444,000), and surpassed NBCSN’s IndyCar presentation from Milwaukee on July 12 (532,000 viewers) as the network’s most-watched IndyCar race in four years (Sept. 4, 2011, 591,000, Baltimore).
For more information about NBC Sports Group shows and properties, including press releases, photos, talent and executive bios and headshots, please visit NBCSportsGroupPressBox.com.
–NBC SPORTS GROUP–