FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Wednesday, November 26th, 2014
NBCSN PRESENTS NASCAR AMERICA SPECIALS RECAPPING THE THRILLING TOP MOMENTS OF 2014
30-MINUTE SPECIALS AIR THROUGHOUT NOVEMBER AND DECEMBER
STAMFORD, Conn. — November 26, 2014 —NASCAR AMERICA, NBCSN’s daily show dedicated to the nation’s longstanding fascination with speed and stock car racing, presents several specials highlighting the season’s top moments from the 2014 Sprint Cup Series.
Building on the expanded, in-depth coverage NBCSN provided during the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup, NASCAR AMERICA gives viewers an all-access pass to the most intriguing stories of the most exciting season in years, using on-track audio and stunning images from inside the cars, along pit road and throughout each stop toward Homestead.
The specials began airing during NASCAR AMERICA’s 30-minute 5 p.m. ET time slot on Nov. 19, with new episodes debuting Dec. 1, 2, 10 and 11, and culminating on Dec. 16 with the Top 20 Moments of 2014. Encore presentations of all specials will air throughout November and December. Below is an overview of the NASCAR AMERICA specials:
- NASCAR AMERICA: EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED IN 2014 – premiered Thursday, Nov. 20 at 5 p.m. ET: Hosted by NBC Sports lead race announcer Rick Allen, and analyst Kyle Petty, Expect the Unexpected in 2014 focuses on the wild and wacky moments no one saw coming this past season. From the crazy moments during the Daytona 500 Speed Week, to the track elements outside of drivers’ control, this special features bloopers and stories from the chaotic 2014 NASCAR season.
- SCAN ALL 43: CHAMPIONSHIP 2014 – premiered Friday, Nov. 21 at 5 p.m. ET: In this 30 minute episode dedicated to one of the most exciting races in NASCAR history, Rick Allen and Kyle Petty give viewers an exclusive behind-the-scenes experience to the final four drivers left in the Chase. Using sound and footage from the NASCAR radio scanners, Allen and Petty recap the thrilling finale at Homestead-Miami Speedway.
- 2014 CHASE SPECTATULAR – premieres Monday, Dec. 1 at 5 p.m. ET: Hosted by NBC Sports lead race announcer Rick Allen, Chase Spectacular gives an in-depth recap of the greatest, most intriguing moments from the debut of the new Sprint Cup Series Chase format. Over the course of 10 weeks, a field of sixteen drivers was narrowed down to four who contended for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Championship at Homestead-Miami Speedway on November 16. Chase Spectacular highlights the dramatic results, winners and fights that highlighted each elimination round.
- 2014 IN THE NEWS – premieres Tuesday, Dec. 2 at 5 p.m. ET: 2014 In the News highlights the top five news stories from this past season’s NASCAR Sprint Series. Rick Allen counts down the stories that transcended the sport, and lasted well after the races ended. Allen will provide analysis of the season’s best moments, including a look at the race/team alliances that led to fireworks throughout the new chase format. In the News will also feature one of the greatest victories of the season, Dale Earnhardt Jr.’s win at Daytona, and discuss Tony Stewart’s tragic accident, which was a focus of national media attention.
- SCAN ALL 43 COUNTDOWN: THE TOP 43 MOMENTS FROM 2014 – premieres Wednesday, Dec.10 and Thursday, Dec. 11 at 5 p.m. ET: Dave Briggs, a regular contributor to NASCAR AMERICA, puts the viewer in the driver’s seat in Scan All 43 Countdown: The Top 43 Moments from 2014. In this two-part special, Briggs counts down the best moments, taken directly from the radio scanners, allowing fans to hear everything from crew chief pit calls, media analysis and play-by-play, to the spotters guiding their drivers during some of the most heated moments of the season.
- TOP 20 MOMENTS OF 2014 – premieres Tuesday, Dec. 16 at 5 p.m. ET: Steve Letarte, Dale Earnhardt Jr.’s former crew chief, joins Rick Allen as a guest analyst to help count down the top 20 moments of the 2014 NASCAR Season, highlighting the best finishes, biggest wins and top stories from the year. Letarte’s expert analysis provides a new perspective to many of the stories that shaped the 2014 season.
During the Wednesday, Dec. 3, episode of NASCAR AMERICA, Allen will present a special feature from Letarte’s final race as Earnhardt’s crew chief. The episode will feature behind-the-scenes coverage of their emotional final race.
On July 23, 2013, NASCAR and NBC Sports Group reached a comprehensive agreement that grants NBCUniversal exclusive rights to the final 20 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races, final 19 NASCAR XFINITY Series events, select NASCAR Regional & Touring Series events and other live content, beginning in 2015.
NASCAR AMERICA premiered in February, following Dale Earnhardt Jr.’s Daytona 500 victory and NBC Sports Group’s multi-platform coverage of the 2014 Olympic Winter Games in Sochi. The weekday 30-minute news and highlights program is hosted primarily by NASCAR on NBC lead race announcer Rick Allen and features regular appearances by NBC Sports NASCAR analyst Jeff Burton, reporters Marty Snider, Kelli Stavast, as well as guest analysts such as Kyle Petty, Bobby Labonte, Wally Dallenbach and Frank Stoddard.
– NBC SPORTS GROUP –