FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Tuesday, October 14th, 2014
COWBOYS – SEAHAWKS HEADLINE NEW EPISODE OF “NFL TURNING POINT” TOMORROW NIGHT AT 11 P.M. ET ON NBCSN
Episode To Include:
Analysis of Packers Win Over Dolphins
Nick Foles and Chip Kelly Wired-For-Sound During Eagles Win Against Giants
Bruce Arians Wired-For-Sound During Cardinals Matchup With Redskins
Analysis of J.J. Watt’s Play This Season
NFL Turning Point Hosted by Football Night In America’s Dan Patrick
Stamford, Conn. – October 14, 2014 – Wednesday night’s all new edition of NFL Turning Point, NBCSN’s Emmy Award-nominated weekly NFL show co-produced by NFL Films, will feature in-depth analysis of some of Week 6’s most compelling matchups, including the Dallas Cowboys upset over the Seattle Seahawks. Airing tomorrow night at 11 p.m. ET, the episode will also review the key moments that defined the Packers-Dolphins and Giants-Eagles contests.
In addition, this week’s installment will include a wired-for-sound feature on Arizona Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians, as well as a spotlight feature on the play of Houston Texans DE J.J. Watt.
Hosted by Football Night In America’s Dan Patrick, the hour-long program will air throughout the entire NFL season, including the playoffs and Super Bowl.
This week’s episode features:
- Cowboys-Seahawks: NFL Films reviews the key moments that allowed Dallas to upset Seattle at Century Link Field. NFL Turning Point analyzes the matchup between Cowboys WR Dez Bryant and Seahawks CB Richard Sherman. The segment also studies the strength of the Cowboys offensive line, and how it helped QB Tony Romo.
- Packers-Dolphins: NFL Turning Point breaks down Green Bay’s game-winning drive, and highlights how QB Aaron Rodgers’ fake spike set up the Packers for their game-winning touchdown.
- Giants-Eagles:NFL Filmsshowcases how the Eagles defense shut down QB Eli Manning and the Giants offense. The segment also studies the play of Eagles RB LeSean McCoy and QB Nick Foles, and reviews how Foles was able to distribute the ball to all of his receivers. In addition, Foles and head coach Chip Kelly were wired for sound.
- J.J. Watt: NFL Turning Point highlights the first six weeks of play for Houston Texans DE J.J. Watt, and analyzes his season.
- Bruce Arians: Wednesday night’s episode will feature in-game audio from Arizona’s win on Sunday against Washington, including a wired-for-sound segment with Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians.
Each week Emmy-nominated NFL Turning Point is built around select NFL matchups from the previous weekend, and focuses on the crucial “turning point” moments that ultimately defined the outcome of each game. The show also features anatomy-of-a-play type segments and long form, Game-of-the-Week style narratives that include the pre-game and post-game access, sideline sounds, jaw-dropping cinematography and incredible storytelling that is synonymous with NFL Films.
In 2014 NBCSN will air a total of 22 episodes, running throughout the entire NFL season, including the playoffs and Super Bowl. The season finale, scheduled to air on Wednesday, February 4, 2015, will look back at the turning point of Super Bowl XLIX.
-NBC Sports Group-