FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Tuesday, October 7th, 2014
TOM BRADY, ANDREW LUCK AND DREW BREES WIRED-FOR-SOUND IN NEW EPISODE OF “NFL TURNING POINT” THURSDAY MORNING 1 A.M. ET / WEDNESDAY NIGHT 10 P.M. PT ON NBCSN
Episode To Include:
Analysis of Patriots Win Against Bengals
Indianapolis Colts Win Over Baltimore Ravens
Drew Brees and Sean Payton Wired-For-Sound During OT Win Against Buccaneers
Julius Thomas Wired-For-Sound During Peyton Manning’s 500th Touchdown Pass
Film Study with Panthers QB Cam Newton
NFL Turning Point Hosted by Football Night In America’s Dan Patrick
Stamford, Conn. – October 7, 2014 – Wednesday night’s all new edition of NFL Turning Point, NBCSN’s Emmy Award-nominated weekly NFL show co-produced by NFL Films, will feature in-depth analysis of some of Week 5’s most compelling matchups, as well as in-game audio from three of the league’s top QB’s. Airing Thursday morning at 1 a.m. ET / Wednesday night at 10 p.m. PT, the episode will review the key moments that defined the Ravens-Colts, Buccaneers-Saints, Bengals-Patriots, and Texans-Cowboys games.
In addition, this week’s installment will include wired-for-sound spotlight features on Tom Brady, Andrew Luck, Drew Brees and Julius Thomas, as well as a film study with Carolina Panthers QB Cam Newton.
Hosted by Football Night In America’s Dan Patrick, the hour-long program will air throughout the entire NFL season, including the playoffs and Super Bowl.
This week’s episode features:
- Ravens-Colts: NFL Films reviews the play of Colts QB Andrew Luck and how his performance on Sunday led Indianapolis to a victory over the Ravens. NFL Turning Point analyzes Luck’s ability to complete passes under pressure, and breaks down Luck’s rushing touchdown in the third-quarter of Sunday’s game.
- Buccaneers-Saints: NFL Turning Point dissects Sunday’s Buccaneers-Saints matchup, and analyzes how the Saints offense and Buccaneers defense changed their game plans after Saints TE Jimmy Graham was injured. The segment features in-game audio from Saints QB Drew Brees and head coach Sean Payton who were wired-for-sound.
- Bengals-Patriots:NFL Films studies the play of Patriots QB Tom Brady and reviews how New England was able to dominate Cincinnati after the Patriots challenging performance in Week 4.
- Cam Newton: NFL Films conducts an exclusive film study with Carolina Panthers QB Cam Newton, in which Newton discusses the season with Panthers QB coach Ken Dorsey.
- Texans-Cowboys: NFL Turning Point analyzes OT of the Texans-Cowboys game, including the play of Cowboys QB Tony Romo and WR Dez Bryant.
- Julius Thomas: Wednesday night’s episode will also feature a wired-for-sound segment with Broncos TE Julius Thomas, and in-game audio as Thomas caught QB Peyton Manning’s 500th touchdown pass.
Each week Emmy-nominated NFL Turning Point is built around select NFL matchups from the previous weekend, and focuses on the crucial “turning point” moments that ultimately defined the outcome of each game. The show also features anatomy-of-a-play type segments and long form, Game-of-the-Week style narratives that include the pre-game and post-game access, sideline sounds, jaw-dropping cinematography and incredible storytelling that is synonymous with NFL Films.
In 2014 NBCSN will air a total of 22 episodes, running throughout the entire NFL season, including the playoffs and Super Bowl. The season finale, scheduled to air on Wednesday, February 4, 2015, will look back at the turning point of Super Bowl XLIX.
-NBC Sports Group-