FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Wednesday, October 1st, 2014
NBCSN PRIMETIME & TOTAL DAY VIEWERSHIP INCREASE FOR FOURTH CONSECUTIVE QUARTER
Formula One, IndyCar, Premier League, Tour de France & The Dan Patrick Show Help NBCSN Add More Total Day Viewers Than Any Other Sports Network vs. 3rd Quarter in 2013
STAMFORD, Conn. — October 1, 2014 – NBCSN’s third-quarter viewership increased 20% in primetime and 14% in Total Day (6 a.m. to 6 a.m.) compared to Q3 in 2013 – marking the fourth consecutive quarter of year-over-year growth for the network — according to live plus same day data released by The Nielsen Company.
NBCSN averaged 124,000 primetime viewers for the quarter (June 30-September 28) – up 20% from 103,000 in last year’s Q3, while Total Day viewership increased 14% to 84,000 (vs. 74,000 last year).
NBCSN’s Total Day third-quarter growth compared to 2013 is the largest increase in viewers for any sports cable network.
Additional third-quarter highlights:
- Viewership for three Formula One races averaged 416,000 viewers, an increase of 58% from last year’s third quarter (263,000).
- IndyCar viewership for seven third-quarter races was up 20% to 370,000 average viewers (from 309,000 for Q3 in 2013).
- Premier League matches on NBCSN have averaged 432,000 viewers — up 13% from last year at this time (381,000 viewers).
- The 2014 Tour de France on NBCSN, including live stage coverage and the nightly Tour Primetime show, averaged 253,000 viewers, up 8% from last year (235,000).
- The Dan Patrick Show, which airs weekdays from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. ET, averaged 58,000 viewers on NBCSN, marking its best-ever quarterly audience on the network and a 107% jump from the comparable time period in 2013.
For more information about NBC Sports Group shows and properties, including press releases, photos, talent and executive bios and headshots, please visit NBCSportsGroupPressBox.com (http://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com)
–NBC SPORTS GROUP–