FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Tuesday, April 8th, 2014
NBC SPORTS DIGITAL “BYTES”
April 8, 2014 – Vol. 18
Yahoo Sports-NBC Sports Network Digital Alliance Ranks No. 1 Among Sports Sites In Multi-Platform Uniques & Minutes For February
Released yesterday, the Yahoo Sports-NBC Sports Network digital alliance ranked No. 1 among all sports digital sites in February with 63.6 million unique users and 5.0 billion minutes consumed, according to multi-platform data provided by comScore.
This marks the first time ever that the alliance has ranked No. 1 in minutes, and the first time since August 2013 that it has ranked No. 1 in uniques. The 63.6 million uniques, which is a monthly record for the alliance, were 13% higher than the nearest competitor (ESPN, 56.5 million), while the 5.0 billion minutes consumed were 20% higher (ESPN, 4.2 billion).
For more information, click here.
ARNIE – a Three-Night Television Event Beginning the Sunday after the Masters
In support of its upcoming three-night television event about the life and legacy of Arnold Palmer, GolfChannel.com is offering fans a chance to see select excerpts from the documentary film before it airs. ARNIE debuts following Golf Channel’s Live from the Masters on Sunday, April 13, at 10 p.m. ET. The final two episodes also air at 10 p.m. ET on Monday, April 14 and Tuesday, April 15, respectively.
Arnie: A Peek Inside his Famed Warehouse
Take a look inside Palmer’s expansive warehouse, where he has saved and catalogued thousands of personal items over his entire career – including every fan letter ever sent to him.
Arnie: The King’s Tour of Latrobe
The King, himself, provides a tour of his beloved Latrobe Country Club in Pennsylvania, where it all began.
2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs
The 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs begin one week from tomorrow. For the third consecutive year, every NHL Stanley Cup Playoff game will be presented nationally across the platforms of the NBC Sports Group, and for the second consecutive year NBC Sports Live Extra will stream every game live.
The NBC Sports Group’s live streaming product for desktops, mobile devices, and tablets, NBC Sports Live Extra will stream all Stanley Cup Playoff games that air on NBC, NBCSN and CNBC, including comprehensive streaming coverage of the Stanley Cup Final. The vast majority of games will be live streamed via “TV Everywhere,” the media industry’s effort to make quality content available to authenticated customers both in and out of the home and on multiple platforms.
Social Media – In addition to broadcast, cable, regional and digital coverage, NBC Sports Group will connect with NHL fans via numerous social media initiatives, including social interaction, on-air integration and news:
- Making Stanley Cup Movie Magic with Magisto – For the first time, NBC Sports is partnering with Magisto, a video creation and sharing app that allows hockey fans to effortlessly create their own edited movies, with music and effects, from their desktop or mobile device.
- Twitter Handle Takeovers – New to this season, during each round of the playoffs and Stanley Cup Finals celebrity hockey fans, NHL on NBC talent and/or former players will take over @NHLonNBCSports on Twitter or act as guest tweeters from their own accounts providing context and analysis around the games through their perspective. Fans can follow the action and interact with the Takeover participants throughout the playoffs coverage. Takeover participants to be determined.
- #CelebrateStanley Photo Campaign for the Fans – new to this season, we are celebrating the ultimate fans through photos via, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- #StanleyCup: For the third year in a row, and in conjunction with the NHL, fans can use #StanleyCup to join the conversation on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- NHL on NBC All-Access Social Media Hub – The NHL on NBC All-Access hub located at NBCSports.com/NHLonNBC will be one stop shopping for fans that need to know everything around the Stanley Cup Playoffs and Finals from the schedule of games to social media chatter.
- News – Fans can engage with Twitter (@NHLonNBCSports) and Facebook (facebook.com/NHLonNBCSports) to receive the most up to date tune-in information, scores, reports and stories from around the NHL and ProHockeyTalk.
Rotoworld on the NBC Sports Regional Networks
With the NFL Draft taking place in one month, Rotoworld’s college football and NFL draft coverage writer Josh Norris is breaking down the local teams’ draft needs on the digital platforms of the NBC Sports Regional Networks. Norris makes weekly on-air appearances across the country to talk all things NFL Draft and fields questions from Comcast SportsNet’s anchors and reporters from Philadelphia, Boston, Chicago, San Francisco/Oakland, Houston, Baltimore and Washington, DC.
— NBC SPORTS DIGITAL —