FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Wednesday, March 19th, 2014
COMCAST SPORTSNET ANNOUNCES 2014 CHICAGO WHITE SOX ON-AIR/ONLINE COVERAGE DETAILS
107 Regular Season Games (the most in network history), including the Home/Season Opener on Monday, March 31!
Plus – Exclusive White Sox content 24/7 on CSNChicago.com, Every Home and Road Game in HD, “Crosstown Classic” action vs. Cubs and more!
Chicago, IL (March 19, 2014) – Comcast SportsNet, the television home for the most games and most comprehensive coverage of AL All-Star Chris Sale (3.07 ERA in 30 starts; AL best four complete games; 226 K’s; fifth in AL Cy Young voting), highly-touted rookie Jose Abreu (.332 avg in 136 at bats with Cuba in 2013, including 13 HRs, .527 on-base % and .735 slugging %), along with emerging star Avisail Garcia, new center fielder Adam Eaton and returning standouts Alexei Ramirez, Gordon Beckham, Dayan Viciedo, Adam Dunn, John Danks, Nate Jones, plus – team legend Paul Konerko in his final season, has announced its White Sox telecast schedule and accompanying on-air network coverage and online coverage on CSNChicago.com.
The 2014 White Sox season on Comcast SportsNet includes 107 live regular season games (the most in network history – all in HD), including the HOME/SEASON OPENER against the AL Central division rival Minnesota Twins on Monday, March 31 at 3:00 PM, featuring the always-entertaining White Sox announcing tandem of Ken “Hawk” Harrelson and Steve Stone on the call. Coverage begins at 2:00 PM CT with an expanded, LIVE REMOTE Opening Day edition of White Sox Pregame Live presented by Orland Park Toyota from U.S. Cellular Field hosted by Comcast SportsNet’s White Sox studio tandem of Chuck Garfien and Bill Melton. SportsNet Central’s Jen Lada will also make her official debut as CSN’s new White Sox beat reporter. The game will be immediately followed by an expanded edition of White Sox Postgame Live presented by Subaru, also taking place live from U.S. Cellular Field.
Comcast SportsNet’s first road White Sox telecast of the 2014 campaign will take place on Friday, April 4, as the White Sox travel to face AL Central foe, the Kansas City Royals (live coverage gets underway at 2:30 PM).
Game enhancements of note for the 2014 White Sox season includes the return of CSN’s popular super slo-mo technology, which is capable of showing slow-motion replays of over 2,000 frames per second. In addition, fans can once again look forward to “Pitch Trax” in all games this season, which animates the precise pitch location throughout the game in a variety of angles, along with CSN’s “Telestrator” into select game telecasts this season, detailing key plays, defensive field formations and much more. Plus – new this season – viewers will get an in-depth look at MLB’s new, expanded, instant-replay system, which, upon a manager’s challenge, will review home runs, ground rule doubles, fan interference, along with numerous other in-game scenarios.
Among the 2014 White Sox regular season schedule highlights on Comcast SportsNet include 51 AL Central match-ups, featuring battles against two-time AL MVP Miguel Cabrera, 2013 AL Cy Young winner Max Scherzer and the defending division champion Detroit Tigers (12 games), the 2013 AL wildcard representative Cleveland Indians (10 games), along with the up-and-coming Kansas City Royals (14 games) and Minnesota Twins (13 games). In addition, viewers can look forward to three games against the defending World Series champion Boston Red Sox, five games against two-time defending AL West champ Oakland, five match-ups against retiring baseball legend Derek Jeter and the New York Yankees and…an expanded interleague schedule including games against NL West foes Arizona, Colorado, LA Dodgers, San Diego and San Francisco. PLUS — Comcast SportsNet will carry all four White Sox-Cubs “Crosstown Classic” interleague games this year. (NOTE: the May 6 & 8 “Crosstown” games will be “White Sox” telecasts on Comcast SportsNet, while the May 5 & 7 games will be “Cubs” telecasts. (The below schedule details CSN’s complete 2014 regular season White Sox game schedule.).
For the sixth-straight season, legendary White Sox play-by-play man Ken “Hawk” Harrelson and former Cy Young award winner/veteran Chicago baseball game analyst Steve Stone join forces for every White Sox telecast this season. Plus, Chuck Garfien, former White Sox slugger Bill Melton and White Sox legend/2014 Baseball HOF inductee Frank Thomas (select games throughout the season) once again return as the in-studio team before and after the majority of Comcast SportsNet White Sox telecasts on White Sox Pregame Live presented by Orland Park Toyota and White Sox Postgame Live presented by Subaru.
From an online perspective, Comcast SportsNet’s website, CSNChicago.com, delivers comprehensive 24/7 White Sox coverage all season long, including the following highlights:
- Live stream of White Sox manager Robin Ventura’s post-game press conferences (sponsored by Xfinity) following every home game.
- White Sox In-Game Live, a second screen platform for web and mobile devices that combines state-of-the-art infographics, data visualization of real-time statistics and game info with rich social interactivity tied to CSN Chicago’s live White Sox game telecasts.
- White Sox “Insider” Dan Hayes returns for his third season on the beat. Follow him on Twitter @DanHayesCSN for the latest team/player news and inside access 24/7. Hayes will also file daily stories/video reports and will make regular on-air appearances throughout the season on White Sox Pregame Live presented by Orland Park Toyota, SportsTalk Live, SportsNet Central and in all Comcast SportsNet White Sox home games.
- White Sox Pre/Postgame Live host Chuck Garfien will once again offer on-going reports and insight via his popular “Sox Drawer” blog, which will include video content. Garfien can also be followed on Twitter 24/7 @ChuckGarfien, for up-to-the-second White Sox news.
- “White Sox Pulse,” a one-stop social media hub that reveals the latest trending topics and player buzz from Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Plus, “White Sox Pulse” aggregates all White Sox player tweets, along with fan tweets that utilize the hashtag #WhiteSoxTalk. Fans can also get interactive on Twitter by utilizing hashtags #WhiteSoxTalk for the latest news, rumors, trades and more by following @WhiteSoxTalkCSN.
- CSNChicago.com digital baseball reporter JJ Stankevitz (@JJStankevitz) will also be providing game day reports, analysis and features.
- In addition to his on-air duties, Garfien will partner with Hayes and CSN’s White Sox baseball beat reporter Jen Lada (@JenLada) this season on CSNChicago.com, providing multi-platform coverage via on-going blogs, fan Q&A mailbag segments and much more.
- WhiteSoxTalk, CSNChicago.com’s high-velocity, real-time, comprehensive White Sox news section featuring original commentary, news reports, trades and rumor via contributions from Hayes, Garfien, and other in-house experts as they lend their knowledge and expertise to the latest happenings in the AL Central Division, as well as league-wide. WhiteSoxTalk is under the banner of NBC SportsTalk, NBC’s successful digital franchise on NBCSports.com that includes ProFootballTalk, HardballTalk, ProBasketballTalk, ProHockeyTalk, CollegeFootballTalk and GolfTalkCentral. SportsTalk was extended to CSNChicago.com through the creation of BlackhawksTalk, BullsTalk, CubsTalk, WhiteSoxTalk and BearsTalk, which contains interactive content and continually updated insights from the network’s digital and on-air talent.
- CSNChicago.com’s state-of-the-art “AT&T U-Verse Lounge” to provide expanded White Sox content through daily and weekly shows and segments.
- CSN Chicago’s White Sox content will also be distributed via its digital network of partnerships including NBCSports.com, NBCNews.com, Yahoo! Sports and Xfinity.com.
For the seventh-straight season, Comcast SportsNet will produce every White Sox regular season home and road game in a high-definition (HD) format. HD games can be found on Comcast Cable channel 200 (channel 285 for CSN+ HD telecasts), RCN channel 685 (channel 616 for CSN+ HD telecasts), WOW channel 220, AT&T U-verse channel 1741 (channel 1742 for CSN+ HD telecasts), Mediacom channel 732/733/832, Dish Network channel 429 and DIRECTV HD channel 665 (channel 665-1 for CSN+ HD telecasts). Viewers who do not own an HDTV will still be able to watch all White Sox games in the standard analog format on Comcast Cable channel 37, DIRECTV channel 665 and DISH Network channel 429 among others. Viewers can visit CSNChicago.com for the exact standard and HD channel locations in their area.
Before a number of White Sox games on Comcast SportsNet (including all weekend telecasts), fans can tune to White Sox Pregame Live presented by Orland Park Toyota featuring a half-hour of pre-game analysis, interviews and the very latest White Sox news (NOTE: for weeknight 7:00 PM game start times or earlier, pre-game coverage can be found SportsTalk Live presented by Land Rover or SportsNet Central presented by AT&T U-Verse). Following the majority of all games, viewers can look forward to the most comprehensive post-game wrap-up show on White Sox Postgame Live featuring live coverage of White Sox manager Robin Ventura’s post-game press conferences and live locker room interviews with White Sox players. Following primetime editions of White Sox Postgame Live, Comcast SportsNet will air GMC SportsNet Central with the most complete recap of the day’s top local and national sports news.
Eight regular season White Sox games are currently scheduled to be telecast on Comcast SportsNet Plus (see attached schedule). Comcast SportsNet Plus (CSN+) telecasts are provided to Comcast SportsNet affiliates and distributed to viewers when two live events are scheduled simultaneously. Comcast Cable and RCN subscribers can watch all CSN+ games on CLTV. Cable and satellite operators who do not carry CLTV will place CSN+ telecasts on a to-be-determined channel. Viewers can visit CSNChicago.com for the exact channel location of Comcast SportsNet, CSN+, Comcast SportsNet HD and CSN+ HD telecasts in their area.
2014 Chicago White Sox Schedule
Regular Season: (every game available in HD)
- Mon, Mar 31 3:00 pm vs. Minnesota — (HOME OPENER!)
- Wed, Apr 2 1:00 pm vs. Minnesota
- Fri, Apr 4 3:00 pm @ Kansas City
- Sun, Apr 6 1:00 pm @ Kansas City
- Mon, Apr 7 7:30 pm @ Colorado
- Wed, Apr 9 2:00 pm @ Colorado
- Thu. Apr 10 7:00 pm vs. Cleveland
- Sun, Apr 13 1:00 pm vs. Cleveland
- Thu, Apr 17 7:00 pm vs. Boston
- Fri, Apr 18 7:00 pm @ Texas
- Sun, Apr 20 2:00 pm @ Texas
- Wed, Apr 23 6:00 pm @ Detroit
- Thu, Apr 24 12:00 pm @ Detroit
- Sat, Apr 26 6:00 pm vs. Tampa Bay
- Sun, Apr 27 1:00 pm vs. Tampa Bay
- Mon, Apr 28 7:00 pm vs. Tampa Bay
- Fri, May 2 6:00 pm @ Cleveland
- Sun, May 4 12:00 pm @ Cleveland
- Tue, May 6 7:00 pm @ CUBS
- Thu, May 8 7:00 pm vs. CUBS
- Fri, May 9 7:00 pm vs. Arizona CSN+
- Sat, May 10 6:00pm vs. Arizona
- Sun, May 11 1:00 pm vs. Arizona
- Tue, May 13 9:00 pm @ Oakland
- Wed, May 14 2:30 pm @ Oakland
- Fri, May 16 7:00 pm @ Houston
- Sun, May 18 1:00 pm @ Houston
- Mon, May 19 7:00 pm @ Kansas City
- Tue, May 20 7:00 pm @ Kansas City
- Wed, May 21 7:00 pm @ Kansas City
- Fri, May 23 7:00 pm vs. New York Yankees
- Sat, May 24 1:00 pm vs. New York Yankees
- Sun, May 25 1:00 pm vs. New York Yankees
- Mon, May 26 1:00 pm vs. Cleveland
- Wed, May 28 7:00 pm vs. Cleveland
- Fri, May 30 7:00 pm vs. San Diego
- Sun, June 1 1:00 pm vs. San Diego
- Mon, June 2 9:00 pm @ Los Angeles Dodgers
- Wed, June 4 9:00 pm @ Los Angeles Dodgers
- Fri, June 6 9:00 pm @ Los Angeles Angels
- Sat, June 7 9:00 pm @ Los Angeles Angels
- Mon, June 9 7:00 pm vs. Detroit
- Tue, June 10 7:00 pm vs. Detroit CSN+
- Thu, June 12 7:00 pm vs. Detroit
- Fri, June 13 7:00 pm vs. Kansas City
- Sun, June 15 1:00 pm vs. Kansas City
- Tue, June 17 7:00 pm vs. San Francisco
- Thu, June 19 7:00 pm @ Minnesota
- Fri, June 20 7:00 pm @ Minnesota
- Sun, June 22 1:00 pm @ Minnesota
- Mon, June 23 6:00 pm @ Baltimore
- Wed, June 25 6:00 pm @ Baltimore
- Fri, June 27 6:00 pm @ Toronto
- Sat, June 28 12:00 pm @ Toronto
- Tue, July 1 7:00 pm vs. Los Angeles Angels CSN+
- Wed, July 2 7:00 pm vs. Los Angeles Angels
- Fri, July 4 6:00 pm vs. Seattle
- Sun, July 6 1:00 pm vs. Seattle
- Wed, July 9 6:00 pm @ Boston
- Thu, July 10 3:00 pm @ Boston
- Fri, July 11 6:00 pm @ Cleveland CSN+
- Sat, July 12 2:00 pm @ Cleveland
- Sat, July 19 6:00 pm vs. Houston
- Sun, July 20 1:00 pm vs. Houston
- Mon, July 21 7:00 pm vs. Kansas City
- Tue, July 22 7:00 pm vs. Kansas City
- Thu, July 24 7:00 pm @ Minnesota
- Fri, July 25 7:00 pm @ Minnesota
- Sun, July 27 1:00 pm @ Minnesota
- Tue, July 29 6:00 pm @ Detroit
- Wed, July 30 6:00 pm @ Detroit
- Fri, Aug 1 7:00 pm vs. Minnesota
- Sun, Aug 3 1:00 pm vs. Minnesota
- Mon, Aug 4 7:00 pm vs. Texas
- Tue, Aug 5 7:00 pm vs. Texas
- Wed, Aug 6 1:00 pm vs. Texas
- Fri, Aug 8 9:00 pm @ Seattle
- Sat, Aug 9 8:00 pm @ Seattle
- Fri, Aug 15 7:00 pm vs. Toronto
- Sat, Aug 16 6:00 pm vs. Toronto
- Mon, Aug 18 7:00 pm vs. Baltimore
- Tue, Aug 19 7:00 pm vs. Baltimore CSN+
- Wed, Aug 20 7:00 pm vs. Baltimore
- Fri, Aug 22 6:00 pm @ New York Yankees
- Sun, Aug 24 TBA @ New York Yankees
- Tue, Aug 26 7:00 pm vs. Cleveland CSN+
- Thu, Aug 28 7:00 pm vs. Cleveland
- Fri, Aug 29 7:00 pm vs. Detroit
- Sun, Aug 31 1:00 pm vs. Detroit
- Tue, Sept 2 7:00 pm @ Minnesota
- Fri, Sept 5 6:00 pm @ Cleveland
- Sun, Sept 7 12:00 pm @ Cleveland
- Mon, Sept 8 7:00 pm vs. Oakland
- Tue, Sept 9 7:00 pm vs. Oakland CSN+
- Thu, Sept 11 1:00 pm vs. Oakland
- Fri, Sept 12 7:00 pm vs. Minnesota CSN+
- Sun, Sept 14 1:00 pm vs. Minnesota
- Mon, Sept 15 7:00 pm @ Kansas City
- Tue, Sept 16 7:00 pm @ Kansas City
- Fri, Sept 19 6:00 pm @ Tampa Bay
- Sat, Sept 20 6:00 pm @ Tampa Bay
- Mon, Sept 22 6:00 pm @ Detroit
- Tue, Sept 23 6:00 pm @ Detroit
- Wed, Sept 24 12:00 pm @ Detroit
- Thu, Sept 25 7:00 pm vs. Kansas City
- Sat, Sept 27 6:00 pm vs. Kansas City
- Sun, Sept 28 1:00 pm vs. Kansas City
107 Regular Season Games – 55 home, 52 away
Schedule Subject to Change
All Times Central Time
CSN+ telecasts may be found on CLTV or visit www.CSNChicago.com for exact channel location in your area. All home and road games will be telecast in HDTV. All HDTV games can be found on Comcast Cable channel 200 (channel 285 for CSN+ telecasts), RCN channel 685 (channel 616 for CSN+ telecasts), WOW channel 220, AT&T U-verse channel 1741 (channel 1742 for CSN+ telecasts), Dish Network channel 429 and DIRECTV HD channel 665 (channel 665-1 for CSN+ telecasts).
Viewers can visit www.CSNChicago.com for more extensive information on the 2014 White Sox, including web exclusive features and “Insider” reports, talent blogs, game previews/recaps, stats, standings and more.