FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Monday, February 3rd, 2014
NBC TO PREMIERE HOW TO RAISE AN OLYMPIAN PRESENTED BY P&G WEDNESDAY AT 8 P.M. ET
Special To Feature Olympians Nick Goepper, Meryl Davis, Charlie White, Mikaela Shiffrin, J.R. Celski, Amy Purdy, and Lindsey Vonn
Stamford, Conn. – February 3, 2013 – With three days remaining until the first competition day of the XXII Olympic Winter Games in Sochi, Russia, NBC will premiere the Olympic primetime special How to Raise an Olympian, presented by P&G, on Wednesday, Feb. 5 at 8 p.m. ET.
How to Raise an Olympian is hosted by TODAY correspondent and Opening Ceremony co-host Meredith Vieira. Produced by Weiden & Kennedy for P&G, How to Raise an Olympian expands on P&G’s “Thank You Mom: Raising an Olympian” campaign and features the love, support and challenges overcome by the mothers and families of:
- Olympic freeskier Nick Goepper (mother Linda);
- Olympic ice dancing silver medalists Meryl Davis and Charlie White (mother Cheryl and Jacqui, respectively);
- Olympic alpine skier Mikaela Shiffrin (mother Eileen);
- Olympic short track speed skater J.R. Celski (mother Sue);
- Paralympic snowboarder Amy Purdy (mother Sheri);
- Olympic gold medalist and TODAY and NBC Olympics correspondent Lindsey Vonn (mother Lindy).
How to Raise an Olympian debuts Wednesday, Feb. 5 at 8 p.m. ET.
THE OLYMPICS BEGIN FEB. 6, 2014
NBC will begin its primetime coverage of the 2014 Sochi Olympics on Thursday, Feb. 6, one night before the broadcast network provides its traditional primetime coverage of the Opening Ceremony on Friday, Feb. 7. This marks the first time NBC will air Olympic primetime coverage before the Opening Ceremony. The primetime broadcast on Thursday, Feb. 6, 2014, is scheduled to include competition in snowboard slopestyle (men’s and women’s), in which two-time gold medalist Shaun White will compete in slopestyle’s Olympic debut; team figure skating, which is also in the Olympics for the first time; and women’s freestyle moguls.
– NBC OLYMPICS –