FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Tuesday, October 1st, 2013
COMCAST SPORTSNET’S COMPREHENSIVE OAKLAND A’S COVERAGE CONTINUES THROUGHOUT AMERICAN LEAGUE DIVISION SERIES
Network to Provide Region’s Most In-Depth, On-Air and Online A’s/Tigers AL Division Series Coverage
with Preview and Analysis Programming, Live Pregame and Postgame Shows and
Comprehensive News and Reporting at CSNCalifornia.com
SAN FRANCISCO, CA (October 1, 2013) – Comcast SportsNet (@CSNAuthentic), the on-air and online home of “Authentic Bay Area Sports,” continues its October Quest coverage into the American League Division Series with Northern California’s most comprehensive, up-to-the-minute reporting on the 2013 AL West Division champion Oakland Athletics. The network’s unparalleled coverage will include in-depth preview and analysis programs, extensive pregame and postgame shows and complete online coverage from CSNCalifornia.com, as the A’s prepare to match up against the AL Central Division champion Detroit Tigers.
October Quest: SportsNet Central on Comcast SportsNet California
- Live Pregame Coverage presented by Hyundai: One hour before the national broadcasts, Comcast SportsNet will engage fans up to the first pitch with a comprehensive preview of the upcoming game, pregame interviews, expert analysis and insight, and the latest team news and headlines on October Quest: SportsNet Central (@SNCAuthentic).
- Live Postgame Coverage presented by Jeep: Immediately following each playoff game, October Quest: SportsNet Central will feature an hour-long in-depth game analysis and breakdown, game highlights, extensive clubhouse interviews and player reactions, plus a preview of the next match-up.
- Live A’s/Tigers Series Preview Specials: October Quest: SportsNet Central will continue its special half-hour A’s/Tigers preview and analysis, along with the very latest team reports and news from around the MLB, at 6:30 p.m. on non-game nights (check local listings; visit CSNCalifornia.com for air dates and times).
- Live A’s/Tigers News Conferences: Comcast SportsNet California will present live A’s/Tigers news conferences throughout the series (visit CSNCalifornia.com for air dates and times).
- Comcast SportsNet’s A’s postseason coverage is anchored by the region’s deepest sports news roster featuring host Scott Reiss (@ScottReissCSN); analysts Shooty Babitt, Glen Kuiper and Bip Roberts (@Bipster10); and A’s reporter Kate Longworth (@KLongworthCSN). Ray Ratto (@RattoCSN), Joe Stiglich (@joestiglich) and Andrew Baggarly (@CSNBaggs) will also join the network’s coverage of the A’s postseason run.
- October Quest: SportsNet Central pre- and postgame shows will originate from the O.co Coliseum during home playoff games.
SportsNet Central presented by AT&T U-verse (6 p.m.) & Hyundai (10:30 p.m.) on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area
- During the 2013 MLB postseason, tune into SportsNet Central for in-depth, comprehensive news coverage on the A’s, interviews with players and coaches, expert analysis, breaking local and national news, up-to-the-minute scores, the best local video highlights and daily insider reports. Anchored by Dave Feldman (@FeldyCSN) and Ahmed Fareed (@AhmedFareedCSN), SportsNet Central is the place for local fans to turn seven nights a week with half-hour newscasts at 6 p.m., 10:30 p.m. and midnight.
Yahoo! SportsTalk Live presented by Farmers Insurance on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area
- Hosted by veteran Bay Area sports announcer Jim Kozimor (@CSNKoz), Yahoo! SportsTalk Live (@YSTL) – airing Monday-Friday from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. – is a live, hour-long sports talk show featuring opinionated commentary, in-depth analysis and lively debate on the day’s trending sports and entertainment stories in the Bay Area. Throughout the 2013 A’s playoff run, Yahoo! SportsTalk Live will feature special guests from the A’s as well as MLB experts who will help preview the series matchups and break down the games. Yahoo! SportsTalk Live will broadcast live from the O.co Coliseum on Friday, Oct. 4 at 5 p.m., prior to Game 1 of the A’s/Tigers AL Division Series.
- CSNCalifornia.com delivers comprehensive 24/7 A’s and MLB postseason coverage and showcases Ray Ratto, Joe Stiglich and Andrew Baggarly’s preview and analysis on the site’s “A’sTalk” section (@CSNAthletics). CSNCalifornia.com is the most extensive local source for exclusive online video, including player and coach interviews, press conferences, and content from Comcast SportsNet’s signature shows SportsNet Central and Yahoo! SportsTalk Live, which offer news and analysis from the region’s most informed local lineup of award-winning reporters, analysts and personalities. Additionally, CSNCalifornia.com will utilize NBC Sports’ “HardballTalk” for nationally-based MLB content.
Comcast SportsNet Bay Area and Comcast SportsNet California, both part of NBC Sports Regional Networks, serve more than four million households in Northern California, Nevada, Southern Oregon and Hawaii. Comcast SportsNet Bay Area, the television home of MLB’s San Francisco Giants, NBA’s Golden State Warriors, AFL’s San Jose SaberCats and the official regional sports network of the San Francisco 49ers, also features a robust lineup of Emmy Award-winning news, analysis and original programming. Comcast SportsNet California offers live coverage of MLB’s Oakland Athletics, NBA’s Sacramento Kings, NHL’s San Jose Sharks, MLS’s San Jose Earthquakes and is the official regional sports network of the Oakland Raiders. Collectively, these networks deliver more than 600 live sporting events per year, over 1,500 live studio shows, including SportsNet Central, Yahoo! SportsTalk Live, Pregame Live, Postgame Live, Press Conference Live, as well as compelling digital content, up-to-the-minute scores, highlights and breaking news via www.CSNBayArea.com and www.CSNCalifornia.com. Follow both networks on Twitter via @CSNAuthentic.
NBC Sports Regional Networks, part of the NBC Sports Group, consist of 12 regional networks that deliver more than 2,400 live sporting events annually, along with award-winning breaking news, comprehensive analysis, digital content and original programming to more than 50 million homes. The NBC Sports Regional Networks are: Comcast SportsNet Bay Area, Comcast SportsNet California, Comcast SportsNet Chicago, Comcast SportsNet Houston, Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic, Comcast SportsNet New England, Comcast SportsNet Northwest, The Comcast Network, Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia, CSS and SNY. For more information, visit ComcastSportsNet.com. For more information about NBC Sports Group properties, including press releases, photos, talent and executive bios and headshots, please visit NBCSportsGroupPressBox.com.
# # #