FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Friday, May 3rd, 2013
COMCAST SPORTSNET TO PROVIDE EXTENSIVE WARRIORS/SPURS SECOND ROUND PLAYOFF COVERAGE
Network to Present Region’s Most Comprehensive Warriors/Spurs Coverage with SportsNet Central,
Chronicle Live, Live Pregame and Postgame Coverage and at CSNBayArea.com
SportsNet Central and Chronicle Live to Broadcast from Oracle Arena During Home Games
SAN FRANCISCO, CA (May 3, 2013) – Comcast SportsNet Bay Area (@CSNAuthentic), the home of “Authentic Bay Area Sports,” continues its comprehensive, season-long Golden State Warriors coverage into the Second Round of the 2013 NBA Western Conference Playoffs as the sixth-seeded Warriors prepare to take on the second-seeded San Antonio Spurs. Throughout the series, Comcast SportsNet will present in-depth preview and analysis programming, pregame and postgame shows before and after the national broadcasts, and widespread online coverage from CSNBayArea.com.
SportsNet Central: Warriors Edition
- Live Pregame Coverage: Before each national broadcast, Comcast SportsNet will lead viewers right up to tip-off with an in-depth game preview, insightful analysis, and interviews with Warriors coaches and players.
- Live Postgame Coverage: Immediately following the national broadcast, Comcast SportsNet will provide extensive game analysis, complete game highlights, a live look at Coach Mark Jackson’s press conference, interviews from the locker room and player reaction, and a preview of the next game. Note: Airings of the postgame shows will vary. Visit CSNBayArea.com and follow on Twitter @CSNAuthentic for the latest updates.
- Comcast SportsNet’s Warriors coverage is anchored by the region’s deepest sports news roster, featuring three-time California Sportscaster of the Year Greg Papa, with expert analysis from Warriors legend Mitch Richmond (@mitchrichmond23), Warriors analyst Jim Barnett, and former Warriors general manager and head coach Garry St. Jean. Additional analysis will be provided by CSNBayArea.com Senior Insider Ray Ratto (@RattoCSN) and NBA Insider and sideline reporter Ric Bucher (@RicBucher), along with Henry Wofford (@HenryWoffordCSN) conducting locker room interviews.
SportsNet Central presented by AT&T U-verse (6 p.m.) & Hyundai (10:30 p.m.)
- During the NBA Playoffs, tune into SportsNet Central – anchored by Dave Feldman (@FeldyCSN) and Ahmed Fareed (@AhmedFareedCSN) – for in-depth, comprehensive news coverage on the Warriors/Spurs, interviews with players and coaches, expert analysis, breaking local and national news, up-to-the-minute scores, the best local video highlights and daily insider reports. SportsNet Central is the place for local fans to turn seven nights a week with half-hour newscasts at 6 p.m., 10:30 p.m. and midnight.
Chronicle Live presented by Farmers Insurance
- Chronicle Live, hosted by Jim Kozimor (@CSNKoz), airs live Monday-Friday at 5 p.m. and features high energy, interactive roundtable discussions and debates covering the hottest sports stories and topics on the minds of sports fans throughout Northern California. During the NBA Playoffs, Chronicle Live will bring in a number of special guests from the Warriors, as well as NBA experts, including regular appearances from Mitch Richmond, Ray Ratto, Matt Steinmetz (@MSteinmetzCSN) and others who will provide analysis and preview the match-ups for the Warriors.
- CSNBayArea.com delivers comprehensive 24/7 Warriors and NBA coverage and showcases Senior Insider Ray Ratto (@RattoCSN), NBA Insiders Ric Bucher (@RicBucher) and contributors Matt Steinmetz (@MSteinmetzCSN) and Kyle Bonagura (@KyleBonagura) on the site’s “Warriors Talk” section (@CSNWarriors). Fans can stay on top of the latest developments with online chats, analysis and breakdown, special web-exclusive videos, commentator blogs and photo slideshows. CSNBayArea.com is the most extensive local source for exclusive online video, player and coach interviews, press conferences, and content from Comcast SportsNet’s SportsNet Central and Chronicle Live, which offer news and analysis from the region’s most informed local lineup of award-winning reporters, analysts and personalities. Additionally, CSNBayArea.com will utilize NBC Sports’ “Pro Basketball Talk” for nationally-based NBA Playoff content.
NBC Sports Regional Networks, part of the NBC Sports Group, consists of 13 local networks that deliver more than 2,400 sporting events annually, along with breaking news and comprehensive analysis, to more than 50 million cable and satellite homes. The NBC Sports Regional Networks are: Comcast SportsNet Bay Area, Comcast SportsNet California, Comcast SportsNet Chicago, Comcast SportsNet Houston, Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic, Comcast SportsNet New England, Comcast SportsNet Northwest, Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia, CSS and SNY. NBC Sports Regional Networks also manages NECN (New England Cable News), the nation’s largest regional news network, and The Comcast Network, based in Philadelphia and Washington, which delivers community-oriented programming. For more information, see ComcastSportsNet.com.