FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Friday, May 3rd, 2013
5,000,000 TV HOUSEHOLDS TUNED IN FOR 89 LIVE PRO GAMES IN APRIL ON COMCAST SPORTSNET
Over 3.1 Million Homes Watched Pregame Live, Postgame Live
Comcast SportsNet Bay Area’s April Primetime Ratings up 132%
#1 Highest-Rated “Cable” Network in Primetime in April for Households and Every Demo Category
#1 “Overall” Highest-Rated Television Station in Primetime for Adults 18-34, Men 18-34 & Men 18-49
SAN FRANCISCO, CA (May 2, 2013) – Fueled by the most prolific month in network history – 89 live telecasts featuring the San Francisco Giants, Oakland Athletics, Golden State Warriors, Sacramento Kings, San Jose Sharks, San Jose Earthquakes and San Jose SaberCats, and 247 live studio shows – with over 136 hours of live sports news and analysis – Comcast SportsNet (@CSNAuthentic), the home of “Authentic Bay Area Sports,” delivered multiple television rating milestones in the SF DMA (San Francisco/ Oakland/San Jose) during the month of April 2013.
Highlights over the past month (April 1 – May 1) include:
- Over five million television households (5,025,043) watched the Giants, A’s, Warriors, Kings, Sharks, Earthquakes and SaberCats on Comcast SportsNet;
- Over three million television households (3,192,628) watched Giants, A’s, Warriors and Sharks Pregame Game Live and Postgame Live shows on Comcast SportsNet;
- Comcast SportsNet Bay Area was the #1 Highest-Rated “Cable” network in primetime in April for Households and every advertising demo category;
- Comcast SportsNet Bay Area was the #1 “Overall” Highest-Rated television station in primetime for Adults 18-34, Men 18-34 & Men 18-49 and #2 for Men 25-54;
- Comcast SportsNet Bay Area’s April 2013 primetime ratings were up +132% (compared to April 2012 primetime ratings);
- Of the 23 Giants games on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area in the month of April, 14 were #1 in Households during the market time period and six were #2 during the market time period;
- Giants’ April 2013 ratings were up +21% in Households (compared to April 2012) and are averaging approx. 119,405 Households watching each telecast;
- Warriors’ April 2013 regular season ratings (not including playoffs) were up +288% in Households (compared to April 2012);
- Warriors/Nuggets first round playoffs (Games 1-5) on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area are averaging a 4.41 Household rating (approx. 110,419 households), highest-rated game to date was Game 4 (April 28) when the Warriors posted a 5.80 Household rating (approx. 145,133 households);
- In the key Adult 18-49 demo, viewership for the A’s are up +21% (compared to April 2012);
- SportsNet Central (+114% at 6 p.m., +119% at 10:30 p.m. and +180% at 12 a.m.) and Chronicle Live (+167) registered increased numbers in Households in April 2013 (compared to April 2012).
NBC Sports Regional Networks, part of the NBC Sports Group, consists of 13 local networks that deliver more than 2,400 sporting events annually, along with breaking news and comprehensive analysis, to more than 50 million cable and satellite homes. The NBC Sports Regional Networks are: Comcast SportsNet Bay Area, Comcast SportsNet California, Comcast SportsNet Chicago, Comcast SportsNet Houston, Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic, Comcast SportsNet New England, Comcast SportsNet Northwest, Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia, CSS and SNY. NBC Sports Regional Networks also manages NECN (New England Cable News), the nation’s largest regional news network, and The Comcast Network, based in Philadelphia and Washington, which delivers community-oriented programming. For more information, see ComcastSportsNet.com.
Jay dela Cruz