Heather Cox will make her Winter Olympics debut in PyeongChang, having previously been a part of NBC Olympics’ coverage of the last four Summer Games. Most recently, Cox served as a reporter on NBC’s volleyball coverage during the 2016 Rio Olympics.
Cox currently serves as a sideline reporter for NBC Sports’ Thursday Night Football coverage, and joined NBC Sports on a full-time basis in August 2016 after 22 years at ESPN (1994-2016). She made her debut as a volleyball reporter for NBC Olympics’ coverage of the 2016 Rio Olympics, and one month later served as a reporter at the 2016 Rio Paralympic Games. Previously, Cox worked on NBC’s coverage of the 2004, 2008, and 2012 Olympic Games as a reporter for the men’s and women’s beach volleyball competitions.
In addition to Thursday Night Football and the Olympics, Cox serves as a reporter on the Golf Channel at select events.
- Fifth Olympics overall with NBC Olympics
- Making Winter Games debut in PyeongChang
- Currently serves as sideline reporter for NBC Sports’ Thursday Night Football coverage
- Former lead reporter on ABC’s College Football
- Captain of the Sacramento Stars of the National Volleyball Association professional league (1993-95)
- Captain of the University of Pacific women’s volleyball team
- Member of the U.S. National Volleyball team at the 1990 Olympic Festival
- Cox resides in Boise, Idaho, with her husband, Bill, and their two children, Aly and Will