Ato Boldon returns for his fifth Olympic assignment with NBC Sports, having held the role of track and field analyst for the past three Olympic Games, including the 2016 Rio Olympic Games. Boldon will serve as a special correspondent in PyeongChang, a role he also held at the 2014 Olympic Winter Games in Sochi, Russia.
A four-time Olympic medalist for Trinidad and Tobago in the 100m and 200m, Boldon is currently the lead track and field analyst for NBC Sports Group. Boldon joined NBC Sports Group in 2007, during NBC’s presentation of the U.S. National Championships. That same year, he also served as an analyst for NBC’s coverage of the Track and Field World Championships.
Boldon’s broadcast experience includes work as an analyst during BBC’s coverage of the 1999 World Championships, and as a commentator for CBS’s NCAA Outdoor Track and Field Championships in 2005.
- Fifth Olympics overall with NBC Sports
- Track and field analyst for the past three Olympic Games; also served as an Olympic correspondent at the 2014 Olympic Winter Games in Sochi, Russia
- Won silver in the 100m at the 2000 Olympic Games in Sydney
- Three-time Olympic bronze medalist (1996, 2000)
- Led Trinidad and Tobago to its first-ever Olympic 4x100m relay final at the 2004 Athens Olympics
- Served as a features contributor for the 2017 NASCAR season