FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Thursday, May 23rd, 2019
INDYCAR Drivers Graham Rahal and Oriol Servià Join NASCAR on NBC Podcast Ahead of Indianapolis 500 This Sunday at 11 a.m. ET on NBC
Carson Daly Joins New Episode of GOLF Channel’s David Feherty Podcast
Football Night in America’s Rodney Harrison Joins Quick Slants The Podcast
STAMFORD, Conn. – May 23, 2019 – NBC Sports celebrates the 103rd Running of the Indianapolis 500 Presented by Gainbridge with a special episode of the NASCAR on NBC podcast featuring IndyCar drivers Graham Rahal and Oriol Servià. Sunday’s coverage from Indianapolis Motor Speedway begins at 9 a.m. ET on NBCSN and continues at 11 a.m. ET on NBC, with the green flag slated to wave at approximately 12:45 p.m. ET.
In addition, new episodes of several podcasts this week feature special guests and athletes, including two-time Super Bowl winner and NBC Football Night in America analyst Rodney Harrison, Emmy Award-winning television host and producer Carson Daly, and more.
New episodes of 13 podcasts will be available for download on all major podcast platforms including: NBC Sports’ Scores app, Apple, Stitcher, Spotify, Google Podcasts, TuneIn and iHeart.
Following is a sport-by-sport look at what’s on tap:
- NASCAR on NBC: Host Nate Ryan interviews NASCAR stars and insiders each week. Nate also discusses the latest NASCAR news, including a weekly recap of races, and looks ahead to what’s next in the sport.
- On this week’s episode: On Wednesday’s episode, INDYCAR driver Oriol Servia, joins the podcast to discuss his 11th start in the Indianapolis 500, but first start of the 2019 season. On Thursday’s episode, Graham Rahal, son of 1986 Indianapolis 500 winner Bobby Rahal discusses his high-profile marriage to former NHRA star Courtney Force, the renewed competitiveness and strength of the INDYCAR Series, Dale Earnhardt Jr.’s exciting presence at the Indianapolis 500 and more.
- When: Wednesday, May 22 & Thursday, May 23
- The 2 Robbies: Robbie Mustoe and Robbie Earle discuss and dissect the top Premier League storylines. Together, the former Premier League players and current NBC Sports analysts provide fans with top-class punditry on the most exciting soccer league in the world.
- On this week’s episode: Mustoe and Earle discuss Manchester City’s completion of the domestic treble and their farewell bid to Vincent Kompany. Plus, the Robbies look ahead to the EFL play-off final and Europa League final.
- When: Tuesday, May 21
- GOLF Channel’s David Feherty Podcast: Described as “golf’s iconoclast,” by Rolling Stone, and “golf’s wisecracking, maverick interviewer,” by Esquire, Emmy Award-nominated host David Feherty sits down with celebrity guests from across sports, entertainment and politics on his self-titled interview series, Feherty. The Feherty Podcast features the audio of the full episodes in their entirety.
- On this week’s episode: David Feherty travels to Los Angeles to talk with Carson Daly about his days growing up as a caddie at Riviera and his hopes of pursuing a life in golf, as well as a television career that has taken him from MTV star to his current positions on The Today Show and The Voice. The two discuss Daly’s victory at the 2017 AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am, a life-changing golf trip he and his father took when he was a teenager and share a very open discussion about mental health and the effects it has had on Daly’s life and career.
- When: Friday, May 24
- Chris Simms Unbuttoned: NBC Sports’ Chris Simms examines everything happening in the NFL and around the sports world. Joined by a rotation of NBC Sports hosts Ahmed Fareed, Paul Burmeister and Liam McHugh, Unbuttoned features in-depth Xs and Os analysis; one-on-one interviews with players, coaches, executives, and draft prospects; game recaps and previews; gambling segments; extensive player analysis leading into the NFL Draft; and much more.
- On this week’s episodes: On Tuesday’s episode, Simms covers Gerald McCoy’s spot in the free agent market, the current status of Ben Roethlisberger and the New York Giants’ dilemma of Eli Manning vs. Daniel Jones. On Thursday’s episode, Simms and McHugh cover ways a QB can improve accuracy, the relationship between Derek Carr and Jon Gruden, and more.
- When: Tuesday, May 21 and Thursday, May 23
- PFT PM: Mike Florio has conversations with top names and newsmakers in the NFL, while updating his fans on breaking news and story lines that take place during the day and preparing listeners for what is coming next.
- On this week’s episode: On Tuesday’s episode, Chris Simms joins Florio to chat about the NFL and NFLPA studying marijuana use for pain management. On Wednesday’s episode, NFL writer Charean Williams joins Florio to discuss Jadeveon Clowney’s lack of participation in OTAs, the Patriots and Browns interest in Gerald McCoy, the chances Eli Manning starts in Week 1 and more. Other topics covered this week include the latest from the NFL meetings in Florida, Xavier Rhodes entering a make-or-break year and Chris Long admitting marijuana use during his NFL career.
- When: Multiple times per week
- Quick Slants The Podcast: NBC Sports Boston Patriots Insider Tom E. Curran is joined by former Pro Bowl linebacker and Patriots defensive captain Jerod Mayo to break down every game, plus talk about the issues on and off the field with the team.
- On this week’s episodes: Rodney Harrison joins Tom Curran to provide insight on Bill Belichick, Tom Brady, and Edelman’s extension through the 2021 season.
- When: Tuesday, May 21
- Pro Basketball Talk on NBC Sports: Kurt Helin and the team from ProBasketballTalk at NBCSports.com talk all things NBA basketball: news, analysis and even the ridiculous. Regular guests include NBA players and media members.
- On this week’s episode: Kurt Helin and Keith Smith from Yahoo Sports offer an extensive playoff breakdown.
- When: Thursday, May 23
- The Leisuremen: The Leisuremen podcast features popular personalities/producers Paul Pabst and Andrew Perloff, who bring their entertaining brand of humor, fun, and passion to listeners each week. The show touches on a wide range of topics that go wildly beyond sports – from food, drink, cars, travel, and money to how to properly wear plaid pants.
- On this week’s episode: On Wednesday’s episode, Pabst and Perloff discuss the NBA Playoffs and the latest from the NFL owner’s meetings.
- When: Wednesday, May 22
- White Sox Talk: Hosted by NBC Sports Chicago’s trio of White Sox experts Chuck Garfien, Ryan McGuffey, and Chris Kamka, the White Sox Talk podcast provides fans with in-depth discussion on the hottest topics and latest breaking news all year long. In addition, fans can look forward to exclusive one-on-one interviews with White Sox players, coaches, front office execs, along with MLB media insiders from coast-to-coast.
- On this week’s episodes: This week’s episodes of “White Sox Talk presented by Wintrust” includes an in-depth discussion on how the recent fight between former White Sox teammates Adam Eaton and Todd Frazier helped start the White Sox rebuilding process.
- When: Tuesday, May 21, and Sunday, May 26
- Available here: The “White Sox Talk presented by Wintrust” podcast is presented cross-platform (TV/Live Streaming/”MyTeams” app) at 7:00 PM CT; https://art19.com/shows/cubs-talk-podcast, NBCSportsChicago.com/podcasts or via the new MyTeams by NBC Sports app
- Cubs Talk: Hosted by NBC Sports Chicago’s Luke Stuckmeyer, Cubs digital reporter/producer Tony Andracki, along with special appearances by David Kaplan and Kelly Crull, the Cubs Talk podcast provides die-hard Cubs fans with detailed discussion on the hottest topics and latest breaking news throughout the year. In addition, fans can look forward to exclusive one-on-one interviews with Cubs players, coaches, front office execs, along with MLB media insiders from coast-to-coast.
- On this week’s episodes: The “Cubs Talk presented by Wintrust” podcast presents three new episodes this week. Topics include a discussion on the Yu Darvish vs. Jake Arietta pitching duel from earlier this week, an interview with former Cubs infielder/current MLB Network analyst Mark DeRosa, and interviews with several Cubs players discussing this week’s homestand against the Phillies and Reds.
- When: Monday, May 20, Wednesday, May 22, and Friday, May 24
- Available here: https://art19.com/shows/cubs-talk-podcast, NBCSportsChicago.com/podcasts or via the new MyTeams by NBC Sports app
- Rotoworld Baseball: Rotoworld’s D.J. Short, Drew Silva, and Matt Stroup detail everything happening in fantasy baseball and what’s happening in MLB.
- On this week’s episode: Matt Stroup and Nate Grimm look at an impressive wave of recent big league arrivals, including recent call-ups Austin Riley, Keston Hiura and Brendan Rodgers. Plus, Stroup and Grimm discuss a dynamic month of May from Byron Buxton, a dominant 15-strikeout start from Shane Bieber and a stolen base binge from Nick Senzel. Also on this episode, the guys examine a post-hype breakout from Lucas Giolito, and Miguel Cabrera’s home run power.
- When: Tuesday, May 21
- Rotoworld Football: From fantasy implications to NFL draft analysis to major events, the Rotoworld Football staff has the NFL landscape covered. Listen as Josh Norris, Evan Silva, Roto Pat, Rich Hribar and Ray Summerlin meet three times each week to give their analysis and opinions on everything happening in the NFL
- On this week’s episodes: Josh Norris, Rich Hribar and Ray Summerlin each nominate two names for the title of “Breakout Player of 2019.”
- When: Multiple times a week
- Available here: http://www.rotoworld.com/podcasts/nfl
- Rotoworld Fantasy Basketball: Matt Stroup and Mike Gallagher have you covered from every angle. Joined by Steve “Dr. A” Alexander, Ryan Knaus and the rest of the Rotoworld crew three times a week they cover everything from the latest injuries, waiver wire pickups, DFS strategies and much more!
- On this week’s episode: On Wednesday’s episode, Raphielle Johnson joins Matt Stroup to dive into the details of a wild lottery, projecting Zion Williamson’s ADP and analyzing potential upsides of R.J. Barrett, Jarrett Culver and others. On Friday’s episode, Mike Gallagher discusses the latest updates from the NBA playoffs.
- When: Wednesday, May 22 and Friday, May 24
- Available here: http://www.rotoworld.com/podcasts/NBA
– NBC SPORTS –