FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Thursday, May 16th, 2019
NBC SPORTS PODCAST PREVIEW: THIS WEEK’S LINEUP
Denny Hamlin Joins NASCAR on NBC Podcast
World Golf Hall of Famer Sir Nick Faldo and 12-time PGA TOUR Winner Paul Azinger Join 1Up Podcast with Gary Williams
STAMFORD, Conn. – May 16, 2019 – NBC Sports presents a new slate of podcasts this week featuring special guests and athletes, including NASCAR driver Denny Hamlin, World Golf Hall of Famer Sir Nick Faldo, 12-time PGA TOUR winner Paul Azinger, White Sox pitcher Lucas Giolito, and more.
New episodes of 14 podcasts will be available for download on all major podcast platforms including: NBC Sports’ Scores app, Apple, Stitcher, Spotify, Google Podcasts, TuneIn and iHeart.
Following is a sport-by-sport look at what’s on tap:
- The 2 Robbies: Robbie Mustoe and Robbie Earle discuss and dissect the top Premier League storylines. Together, the former Premier League players and current NBC Sports analysts provide fans with top-class punditry on the most exciting soccer league in the world.
- On this week’s episode: Mustoe and Earle review the final matchday of the Premier League season, which saw Manchester City crowned champions for the second consecutive year despite a valiant challenge from second-place Liverpool. Plus, the two discuss Manchester United and the future of the club under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
- When: Sunday, May 12
- NASCAR on NBC: Host Nate Ryan interviews NASCAR stars and insiders each week. Nate also discusses the latest NASCAR news, including a weekly recap of races, and looks ahead to what’s next in the sport.
- On this week’s episode: In a narrative version of the podcast, NBC Sports tags along with Denny Hamlin on a visit to the Memphis, Tennessee, headquarters of his sponsor, Fed Ex, to explore why the company has been aligned with the Joe Gibbs Racing driver for 14 seasons.
- When: Tuesday, May 14
- GOLF Channel Podcast: GOLF Channel Digital’s team of writers and insiders interview some of the brightest stars in golf and discuss the latest news in the golf world.
- On this week’s episode: GOLF Channel’s Tripp Isenhour and Brian Bateman preview the 101st PGA Championship, including an analysis of the favorites and what sort of test Bethpage Black will provide.
- When: Tuesday, May 14
- Available Here: GOLF Channel Digital: GOLF Channel podcast
- 1Up Podcast with Gary Williams presented by Peter Millar: Morning Drive co-host Gary Williams hosts a weekly conversation-based podcast where some of the biggest names in sports and beyond share their love for the game of golf.
- On this week’s episode: Gary catches up with World Golf Hall of Famer Sir Nick Faldo and 12-time PGA TOUR winner Paul Azinger to discuss what sort of impact social media has on golf, how prize money may soften today’s players, what stood out from Tiger Woods’ Masters win, and what it’s like to work together on broadcasts again.
- When: Friday, May 10
- Available Here: GOLF Channel Digital: 1Up Podcast with Gary Williams presented by Peter Millar
- Chris Simms Unbuttoned x PFT PM: NBC Sports’ Chris Simms examines everything happening in the NFL and around the sports world. Joined by a rotation of NBC Sports hosts Ahmed Fareed, Paul Burmeister and Liam McHugh, Unbuttoned features in-depth Xs and Os analysis; one-on-one interviews with players, coaches, executives, and draft prospects; game recaps and previews; gambling segments; extensive player analysis leading into the NFL Draft; and much more.
- On this week’s episodes: On Monday’s episode, Simms invades Mike Florio’s PFT PM podcast to discuss topics including top ten list of CBs, Rookie QB Competitions, Aaron Rodgers in Game of Thrones, and more. On Thursday’s episode, Burmeister joins Simms to discuss the New York Jets’ firing of GM Mike Maccagnan, Bill Belichick’s play calling, and their QB mentors; Phil Simms also calls in to discuss the range of topics.
- When: Monday, May 13 and Thursday, May 16
- PFT PM: Mike Florio has conversations with top names and newsmakers in the NFL, while updating his fans on breaking news and story lines that take place during the day and preparing listeners for what is coming next.
- On this week’s episode: Florio discusses the implications of the New York Jets moving on from GM Mike Maccagnan and Kareem Hunt and Odell Beckham Jr.’s status on the Cleveland Browns.
- When: Wednesday, May 15
- Pro Basketball Talk on NBC Sports: Kurt Helin and the team from ProBasketballTalk at NBCSports.com talk all things NBA basketball: news, analysis and even the ridiculous. Regular guests include NBA players and media members.
- On this week’s episode: Kurt Helin and Dan Feldman discuss each of the NBA Conference Finals series: The Trail Blazers vs. Warriors, and the Raptors vs. Bucks. They breakdown what to watch for in each series, the hiring of John Beilein by the Cavaliers, and Frank Vogel with the Lakers in Los Angeles.
- When: Monday, May 13
- The Leisuremen: The Leisuremen podcast features popular personalities/producers Paul Pabst and Andrew Perloff, who bring their entertaining brand of humor, fun, and passion to listeners each week. The show touches on a wide range of topics that go wildly beyond sports – from food, drink, cars, travel, and money to how to properly wear plaid pants.
- On this week’s episode: Pabst and Perloff preview the NBA Draft Lottery, recap the latest Game of Thrones episode, and discuss the best TV finales of all time.
- When: Tuesday, May 14
- The Habershow: NBC Sports national NBC Insider Tom Haberstroh sits down with some of the biggest names in the NBA to share the stories and the numbers behind the bigger games ad biggest moments in the league.
- On this week’s episode: Logan Murdock (Bay Area’s Warriors Insider) and Jamie Hudson (Northwest’s Trail Blazers Insider) join the podcast this week to discuss the Western Conference Finals.
- When: Friday, May 17
- White Sox Talk: Hosted by NBC Sports Chicago’s trio of White Sox experts Chuck Garfien, Ryan McGuffey, and Chris Kamka, the White Sox Talk podcast provides fans with in-depth discussion on the hottest topics and latest breaking news all year long. In addition, fans can look forward to exclusive one-on-one interviews with White Sox players, coaches, front office execs, along with MLB media insiders from coast-to-coast.
- On this week’s episodes: This week’s episode of the “White Sox Talk presented by Wintrust” podcast features an exclusive interview with starting pitcher Lucas Giolito, who opens up about his struggles last season and the advice he received from an important Hall of Famer.
- When: Tuesday, May 14, and Sunday, May 19
- Available here: The “White Sox Talk presented by Wintrust” podcast is presented cross-platform (TV/Live Streaming/”MyTeams” app) at 7:00 PM CT; https://art19.com/shows/cubs-talk-podcast, NBCSportsChicago.com/podcasts or via the new MyTeams by NBC Sports app
- Cubs Talk: Hosted by NBC Sports Chicago’s Luke Stuckmeyer, Cubs digital reporter/producer Tony Andracki, along with special appearances by David Kaplan and Kelly Crull, the Cubs Talk podcast provides die-hard Cubs fans with detailed discussion on the hottest topics and latest breaking news throughout the year. In addition, fans can look forward to exclusive one-on-one interviews with Cubs players, coaches, front office execs, along with MLB media insiders from coast-to-coast.
- On this week’s episodes: This week’s editions of the “Cubs Talk presented by Wintrust” podcast include an exclusive interview with catcher Willson Contreras, who discusses his successful approach to each game this season. In addition, former Cubs outfielder/current NBC Sports Chicago analyst David DeJesus joins the podcast to discuss his playing career and transition to broadcasting, along with a roundtable discussion on how the performance of this year’s Cubs squad is on par with the 2016 World Series championship team.
- When: Monday, May 13, Wednesday, May 15, and Friday, May 17
- Available here: https://art19.com/shows/cubs-talk-podcast, NBCSportsChicago.com/podcasts or via the new MyTeams by NBC Sports app
- Rotoworld Baseball: Rotoworld’s D.J. Short, Drew Silva, and Matt Stroup detail everything happening in fantasy baseball and what’s happening in MLB.
- On this week’s episode: Matt Stroup and Chris Crawford discuss the biggest surprises of the season and the biggest fantasy letdowns; Stroup and Crawford come up with their top five for each category. In addition, Crawford discusses his latest top-10 prospects report.
- When: Tuesday, May 14
- Rotoworld Football: From fantasy implications to NFL draft analysis to major events, the Rotoworld Football staff has the NFL landscape covered. Listen as Josh Norris, Evan Silva, Roto Pat, Rich Hribar and Ray Summerlin meet three times each week to give their analysis and opinions on everything happening in the NFL
- On this week’s episodes: The group discusses the New York Jets’ dismissal of GM Mike Maccagnan and dives into notable players who missed sizable parts of the 2018 season and what their outlook is for the upcoming year.
- When: Multiple times a week
- Available here: http://www.rotoworld.com/podcasts/nfl
- Rotoworld Fantasy Basketball: Matt Stroup and Mike Gallagher have you covered from every angle. Joined by Steve “Dr. A” Alexander, Ryan Knaus and the rest of the Rotoworld crew three times a week they cover everything from the latest injuries, waiver wire pickups, DFS strategies and much more!
- On this week’s episode: Matt Stroup and Steve Alexander discuss the NBA Draft Lottery results, and Steve recalls trying to take a photo with Manute Bol in the 1980s. Tommy Beer also joins the show to discuss fantasy draft strategy to minimize weaknesses.
- When: Wednesday, May 15
- Available here: http://www.rotoworld.com/podcasts/NBA
– NBC SPORTS –