FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Wednesday, July 18th, 2018
TELEMUNDO DEPORTES’ 2018 FIFA WORLD CUP RUSSIA™ VIEWERSHIP HIGHLIGHTS BY THE NUMBERS
MIAMI, Fla. – July 17, 2018 – Telemundo Deportes concluded its comprehensive and exclusive Spanish-language coverage of the network’s first-ever FIFA World Cup™ on Sunday, July 15, delivering unprecedented success across all platforms, according to data provided by Nielsen and Adobe Analytics.
VIEWERSHIP HIGHLIGHTS BY THE NUMBERS
(For complete details and executive quotes: bit.ly/2Llunxh)
- Telemundo Deportes’ complete presentation of all 64 2018 World Cup matches reached 36.6 million TV viewers, exceeding the Spanish-language reach for the 2010 tournament by +13% (32.3 million), and coming within 1.3 Million of the 2014 World Cup (37.9M) – despite fewest Latin American countries since 2006. The Total Audience Delivery (TAD) average was 2.3 million viewers per match with digital presentations providing a substantial 10% lift to the TAD.
- The Final match, a big 4-2 win by France over Croatia, posted a Total Audience Delivery average of 5.45 million across Telemundo, TelemundoDeportes.com, and the Telemundo En Vivo and NBC Sports apps, and a TV-only viewership average 5.32 million viewers.
- Hispanics make up 18% of the U.S. population, and yet Telemundo Deportes makes up 41% of the average World Cup viewership (average split for all games through Final, 1.9M vs. 2.8M).
- The World Cup posted the greatest 32-day performance in network history, reaching 57% of the U.S. Hispanic population, setting records for the network’s most-watched daytime for every day of the week.
- Telemundo ranked as the #1 Spanish-language network in Total Day viewership for 14 consecutive days among Adults 18-49 (June 15-June 28).
- Telemundo ranked as the #1 Spanish-language broadcast network in Total Day for the full tournament, outperforming its closest competition by +39% among total viewers (through July 12, based on latest available information).
- Telemundo’s Mexico-Germany Group Stage match on June 17 ranked as the second-most watched match of the entire World Cup tournament (only behind the English-language World Cup final), averaging 6.58 million viewers for the full program (10:30 a.m.-1 p.m. ET) and 7.13 million viewers for the two-hour match.
- Mexico-Germany marked the first time that a Spanish-language broadcast ranked among the top two in a World Cup tournament since 2002.
- Mexico-Germany posted as the most-watched World Cup Group Stage match in Spanish-language TV history.
- Telemundo’s 2018 World Cup the biggest livestream sports event and the 50 most-livestreamed games in Spanish language history.
- The Mexico-Sweden Group Stage finale peaked at 1.02 million concurrent livestreams – the most for any event in NBC Sports Digital history, excluding Super Bowls, and the only event other than the Super Bowl to hit the 1 million mark.
- Telemundo Deportes’ digital presentation reached 15.5 million unique users, generating a record-setting 130 million livestreams AND 1.96 BILLION live minutes viewed.
- In 56 Telemundo game windows, World Cup matches ranked #1 among Adults 18-49 in Spanish-language 93% of the time in the Top 14 Hispanic markets with Local People Meters (730 of 784 windows in those markets).
- Telemundo stations in Los Angeles (KVEA), Miami (WSCV) and Houston (KTMD) had the MOST World Cup viewership in their markets – REGARDLESS OF LANGUAGE – ranking #1 overall among Adults 18-49, 25-54 and total viewers.
Telemundo 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia ™ Live Match Viewership (based on two-hour game window only)
|Match, Date||TAD Average||Telemundo-only Avg. Viewership|
|Russia-Saudi Arabia, 6/14||1.54 million viewers||1.38 million viewers|
|Egypt-Uruguay, 6/15||1.32 million viewers||1.20 million viewers|
|Morocco-Iran, 6/15||1.07 million viewers||952,000 viewers|
|Portugal-Spain, 6/15||2.15 million viewers||1.86 million viewers|
|France-Australia, 6/16||548,000 viewers||492,000 viewers|
|Argentina-Iceland, 6/16||2.39 million viewers||2.22 million viewers|
|Peru-Denmark, 6/16||2.61 million viewers||2.45 million viewers|
|Croatia-Nigeria, 6/16||2.04 million viewers||1.94 million viewers|
|Costa Rica-Serbia, 6/17||1.74 million viewers||1.66 million viewers|
|Mexico-Germany, 6/17||7.42 million viewers||7.13 million viewers|
|Brazil-Switzerland, 6/17||4.56 million viewers||4.36 million viewers*|
|Sweden-South Korea, 6/18||820,000 viewers||703,000 viewers|
|Belgium-Panama, 6/18||1.83 million viewers||1.63 million viewers|
|Tunisia-England, 6/18||1.69 million viewers||1.48 million viewers|
|Colombia-Japan, 6/19||1.79 million viewers||1.52 million viewers|
|Poland-Senegal, 6/19||1.41 million viewers||1.21 million viewers|
|Russia-Egypt, 6/19||1.50 million viewers||1.27 million viewers|
|Portugal-Morocco, 6/20||1.52 million viewers||1.27 million viewers|
|Uruguay-Saudi Arabia, 6/20||1.68 million viewers||1.40 million viewers|
|Iran-Spain, 6/20||1.96 million viewers||1.64 million viewers|
|Denmark-Australia, 6/21||1.08 million viewers||916,000 viewers|
|France-Peru, 6/21||2.34 million viewers||1.97 million viewers|
|Argentina-Croatia, 6/21||2.58 million viewers||2.04 million viewers|
|Brazil-Costa Rica, 6/22||1.91 million viewers||1.57 million viewers|
|Nigeria-Iceland, 6/22||1.64 million viewers||1.35 million viewers|
|Serbia-Switzerland, 6/22||1.63 million viewers||1.41 million viewers|
|Belgium-Tunisia, 6/23||1.40 million viewers||1.27 million viewers|
|South Korea-Mexico, 6/23||7.19 million viewers||6.62 million viewers|
|Germany-Sweden, 6/23||3.75 million viewers||3.44 million viewers|
|England-Panama, 6/24||1.61 million viewers||1.51 million viewers|
|Japan-Senegal, 6/24||2.53 million viewers||2.39 million viewers|
|Poland-Colombia, 6/24||3.79 million viewers||3.55 million viewers|
|Uruguay-Russia, 6/25||1.93 million viewers||1.67 million viewers|
|Saudi Arabia-Egypt, 6/25||44,000 viewers||38,000 viewers|
|Iran-Portugal, 6/25||1.95 million viewers||1.67 million viewers|
|Spain-Morocco, 6/25||291,000 viewers||153,000 viewers|
|Australia-Peru, 6/26||1.70 million viewers||1.50 million viewers|
|Denmark-France, 6/26||114,000 viewers||81,000 viewers|
|Nigeria-Argentina, 6/26||2.88 million viewers||2.40 million viewers|
|Iceland-Croatia, 6/26||97,000 viewers||41,000 viewers|
|Mexico-Sweden, 6/27||5.23 million viewers||4.45 million viewers|
|South Korea-Germany, 6/27||196,000 viewers||151,000 viewers|
|Serbia-Brazil, 6/27||2.59 million viewers||2.15 million viewers|
|Switzerland-Costa Rica, 6/27||145,000 viewers||109,000 viewers|
|Senegal-Colombia, 6/28||2.28 million viewers||1.89 million viewers|
|Japan-Poland, 6/28||38,000 viewers||29,000 viewers|
|England-Belgium, 6/28||1.61 million viewers||1.36 million viewers*|
|Panama-Tunisia, 6/28||97,000 viewers||89,000 viewers|
|France-Argentina, 6/30||3.74 million viewers||3.52 million viewers|
|Uruguay-Portugal, 6/30||3.98 million viewers||3.82 million viewers|
|Spain-Russia, 7/1||3.65 million viewers||3.54 million viewers|
|Croatia-Denmark, 7/1||3.19 million viewers||3.12 million viewers|
|Mexico-Brazil, 7/2||5.52 million viewers||5.0 million viewers|
|Belgium-Japan, 7/2||1.75 million viewers||1.62 million viewers|
|Sweden-Switzerland, 7/3||1.39 million viewers||1.30 million viewers|
|Colombia-England, 7/3||2.97 million viewers||2.77 million viewers|
|Uruguay vs. France, 7/6||2.27 million viewers||2.08 million viewers|
|Brazil vs. Belgium, 7/6||3.12 million viewers||2.90 million viewers|
|Sweden vs. England, 7/7||2.02 million viewers||1.94 million viewers|
|Russia vs. Croatia, 7/7||2.91 million viewers||2.80 million viewers|
|France vs. Belgium, 7/10||2.53 million viewers||2.32 million viewers*|
|England vs. Croatia, 7/11||2.96 million viewers||2.75 million viewers*|
|Belgium vs. England, 7/14||1.62 million viewers||1.57 million viewers|
|France vs. Croatia, 7/15||5.45 million viewers||5.32 million viewers|
|Average||2.27 million viewers||2.06 million viewers|
(*Includes NBCSN Simulcast)
Media Contact: Eva Mejicanos
email@example.com | M: 305.799.5310