FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Thursday, July 5th, 2018
TELEMUNDO DEPORTES’ MEXICO-BRAZIL WORLD CUP MATCH IS MOST-WATCHED WEEKDAY DAYTIME PROGRAM IN THE NETWORK’S HISTORY
Nearly 33 Million Viewers Have Tuned Into Telemundo Deportes’ World Cup Coverage
Knockout Round Game Registers Total Audience Delivery Average of 5.5 Million Viewers
Telemundo’s Monday Viewership Ranks As Best Monday Daytime Delivery in Network History
Telemundo Deportes Digital’s Mexico-Brazil Coverage Ranks as Most-Watched Authenticated Livestream Event in Network’s History
MOSCOW – July 3, 2018 – Monday’s Mexico-Brazil Knockout Round match extended Telemundo Deportes’ streak of record-setting performances for its presentation of 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™.
Yesterday’s match, a 2-0 win by Brazil over Mexico, posted a Total Audience Delivery average of 5.5 million viewers across Telemundo, TelemundoDeportes.com, and the Telemundo En Vivo and NBC Sports apps, according to live plus same day fast national data released today by Nielsen, and digital data from Adobe Analytics. Mexico-Brazil ranks as Telemundo Deportes’ third-most watched match of the tournament, trailing only the two weekend Mexico matches in the Group Stage.
Monday’s match coverage also provided numerous television and digital viewership highlights:
- Through 54 matches since the beginning of the tournament, Telemundo Deportes’ World Cup presentation has reached 32.8 million viewers.
- Telemundo averaged 5.0 million TV-only viewers for Mexico-Brazil in the two-hour match window and 4.4 million for the full coverage (9:30 a.m.-Noon ET), standing as the network’s most-watched weekday daytime program EVER.
- Telemundo Deportes’ complete Monday coverage from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. ET averaged 2.4 million television viewers, ranking as the most-watched Monday daytime in Telemundo history.
- Telemundo’s TV-only viewership of Mexico-Brazil peaked at 5.8 million viewers from 11:30-11:45 a.m. ET.
- With 2.2 million uniques, 4.5 million livestreams, and 63.7 million live minutes viewed, Mexico-Brazil is the most-watched authenticated livestream event in Telemundo Deportes history.
- Telemundo Deportes’ digital presentation maintained its record pace. To-date, the tournament has reached 13.1 million uniques, generating a Spanish-language record 117 million livestreams, and 1.73 billion total live minutes viewed. Live streaming of the World Cup on TelemundoDeportes.com and the Telemundo En Vivo and NBC Sports apps is powered by NBC Sports Group’s Playmaker Media.
Source: Nielsen, L+SD, fast nationals, 7/2/18; fast national cume based on 6 minute qualifier, 6/14/18-7/2/18. Adobe Analytics. TAD is based on match window duration.
Media Contact: Eva Mejicanos
firstname.lastname@example.org | M: 305.799.5310