FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Wednesday, March 28th, 2018
NBC SPORTS CHICAGO ANNOUNCES ITS 2018 CHICAGO CUBS SEASON-LONG, MULTI-PLATFORM COVERAGE DETAILS; FORMER CUBS STANDOUT/VETERAN BASEBALL ANALYST DOUG GLANVILLE JOINS NETWORK AS MULTI-PLATFORM CUBS/MLB EXPERT
NBC Sports Chicago’s 84-Game Cubs Schedule gets underway on SATURDAY, MARCH 31 at Miami featuring the highly-anticipated debut of new starting pitcher/four-time All-Star YU DARVISH!
Live streaming coverage of EVERY Cubs telecast on NBC Sports Chicago – including all surrounding pre/postgame programming – to be made available to authenticated subscribers on NBCSportsChicago.com and via the NBC Sports app!
NEW THIS SEASON: Former Cubs standout centerfielder/veteran baseball analyst & author DOUG GLANVILLE joins NBC Sports Chicago as the network’s multi-platform Cubs expert!
NEW THIS SEASON: Leila Rahimi to host “Baseball Night in Chicago” leading into every 7:00 PM weeknight Cubs telecast featuring Doug Glanville and Ozzie Guillen!
NEW THIS SEASON: Seven games to be designated as a Cubs “Authentic Fan Night,” featuring giveaways, talent appearances, along with remote editions of ‘SportsTalk Live’ to take place at the Park at Wrigley!
NBCSportsChicago.com to feature additional in-depth reporting from Cubs multi-platform reporter/producer Tony Andracki; a new season of “CubsTalk Podcasts,”; Expanded Social Media highlights to include Cubs-focused editions of Facebook Live, enhanced coverage on Instagram & Instagram Stories, plus 24/7 Twitter updates from NBC Sports Chicago’s crew of Cubs experts and much more!
“Cubs Season Preview” special airs TONIGHT at 7:00 PM CT!
Chicago, IL (March 28, 2017) – NBC Sports Chicago, the multi-platform home for the most games and the most comprehensive coverage of the two-time defending NL Central champion Chicago Cubs, is ready to deliver its most extensive season Cubs coverage to date featuring 84 live regular season game telecasts, which includes live streaming of EVERY GAME to authenticated subscribers via NBCSportsChicago.com and the NBC Sports app, plus – NBC Sports Chicago to provide a new look to its surrounding game night programming, along with a massive season-long offering of 24/7 cross-platform content.
The first of 84 Cubs games on NBC Sports Chicago’s schedule gets underway this Saturday, March 31 at 6:00 PM CT as the Cubs face the Miami Marlins in the highly-anticipated pitching debut of free agent acquisition/four-time All-Star Yu Darvish. NBC Sports Chicago’s veteran Cubs announcing tandem of Len Kasper and Jim Deshaies will provide the call of the game. Coverage begins at 5:30 PM CT with the season premiere of Cubs Pregame Live presented by Fields Auto Group with hosts David Kaplan (@thekapman) and David DeJesus (@David_DeJesus3) from NBC Sports Chicago’s downtown studios, along with the latest game night news and updates live from Marlins Park via Cubs beat reporter Kelly Crull (@KellyCrull) and Cubs multi-platform reporter/producer Tony Andracki (@TonyAndracki23). In addition, fans will also be treated to a special Facebook Live (Facebook.com/NBCSChicago) chat with Crull & Andracki at approx. 12 NOON, along with a Twitter (@NBCSCubs) live Periscope segment previewing the game with Kaplan & DeJesus at 4:30 PM. The game will be immediately followed by Cubs Postgame Live presented by BlueCross BlueShield of Illinois, featuring Cubs manager Joe Maddon’s live post-game press conference, along with player post-game reaction, expanded highlights, detailed analysis and more.
Even though NBC Sports Chicago will not carry the Cubs home opener on Monday, April 9, fans can still count on NBC Sports Chicago to provide numerous, additional multi-platform HOME OPENER content offerings including a “Best Home Opener Moments” video feature on Facebook & Twitter at 8:00 AM, a Twitter (@NBCSCubs) live Periscope “Look at Wrigley” segment at approx. 11:00 AM showcasing scenes from batting practice, warmups, and atmosphere footage in and around the ballpark, plus – a multitude of Opening Day “Sights & Sounds” moments will be also provided via Snapchat (‘NBCSChicago’), along with additional photos/quick video offerings from ‘NBCSChicago’ via Instagram and Instagram Stories.
NEW THIS SEASON: Former Cubs standout centerfielder/veteran baseball analyst & author DOUG GLANVILLE will be joining the network as its primary contributor to the network’s digital platforms providing fans with expert Cubs/MLB commentary on NBCSportsChicago.com via written columns, video essays, along with regular appearances on the popular “CubsTalk Podcast.” In addition, Glanville will be a regular game night panelist throughout the season on SportsTalk Live.
NEW THIS SEASON: NBC Sports Chicago’s Leila Rahimi will host the network’s new Chicago-focused baseball show, Baseball Night in Chicago, featuring Doug Glanville and 2005 White Sox World Series champion manager Ozzie Guillen. Baseball Night in Chicago, airing weeknights at 6:30 PM, will serve as the lead-in program for every Monday-Friday 7:00 PM Cubs telecast on NBC Sports Chicago this season.
NEW THIS SEASON: Seven home game telecasts this season will also be designated as an NBC Sports Chicago “Authentic Fan Night” at Wrigley Field. Fans are urged to stop by the “Authentic Fan” labeled area to get their Cubs cheer cards, meet/greet NBC Sports Chicago talent members, plus – the first 500 fans who visit will receive a special “Authentic Fan” Cubs give-away. In addition, NBC Sports Chicago will present special “Authentic Fan Night” remote editions of SportsTalk Live, which will be held at the Park at Wrigley, located just outside of the ballpark on Clark St.
For the second-straight year, EVERY Cubs game telecast airing on NBC Sports Chicago, including surrounding pre/postgame coverage, will be accessible live via NBCSportsChicago.com and the NBC Sports app to authenticated NBC Sports Chicago subscribers. The live streaming service is currently available to customers of Comcast/Xfinity, DIRECTV, DISH Network, AT&T U-verse, Mediacom, RCN, WOW!, Time Warner Cable and Charter among numerous other carriers. In addition, NBC Sports Chicago is also available on a variety streaming services including DIRECTV NOW, Hulu, fuboTV, Sling TV, PlayStation Vue, and YouTube TV. For a full list of carriers and more information about NBC Sports Chicago’s live streaming service of White Sox games, viewers are urged to visit the following link: nbcsportschicago.com/live-faq.
PROGRAMMING NOTE: TONIGHT at 7:00 PM CT on NBC Sports Chicago, Cubs fans will get a preview of the 2018 MLB season with the Cubs Season Preview Special presented by Field Auto Group. Hosted by David Kaplan, along with analysts Kelly Crull, Doug Glanville and additional content contribution via Tony Andracki, this one-hour special, filled with player/coaches interviews and a detailed season preview analysis, will provide viewers with a comprehensive look at this year’s Opening Day Cubs roster, an overview of all the off-season trades & acquisitions, and discussion on the key factors needed for a return trip to the World Series.
PROGRAMMING NOTE: Nine (9) Cubs games on NBC Sports Chicago this season are currently scheduled to air on NBC Sports Chicago+ (see attached schedule). NBC Sports Chicago+ (NBCSCH+) telecasts are provided to NBC Sports Chicago affiliates and distributed to viewers when two live events are scheduled simultaneously. NBCSCH+ is available in high-definition on Comcast/Xfinity ch. 201 in the Chicago area/South Bend, IN & on Comcast/Xfinity ch. 285 in the Peoria, Springfield, Rockford and Champaign markets, along with being made available in DIRECTV, DISH Network, AT&T U-verse, RCN, and WOW! homes among others; viewers are urged to visit NBCSportsChicago.com’s CHANNEL FINDER for complete channel location details.
In addition to its live stream of every NBC Sports Chicago Cubs game telecast, NBCSportsChicago.com will also provide fans with even more exclusive Cubs content throughout the season including the following:
- NBCSportsChicago.com will stream EVERY Cubs home postgame press conference LIVE providing insider access to manager Joe Maddon.
- “CubsTalk PODCAST” – Featuring NBC Sports Chicago’s Cubs guru David Kaplan, Cubs beat reporter Kelly Crull, Cubs multi-platform contributor Doug Glanville, along with Cubs content producers Tony Andracki & Jon Graff and an array of special guests, NBC Sports Chicago’s popular “Cubs Talk” podcast features in-depth Cubs discussion on the hottest topics and breaking news throughout the season. Fans can download all of NBC Sports Chicago’s podcasts at NBCSportsChicago.com/podcasts and simply subscribe to them via Apple Podcasts, Google Play or Stitcher. The podcasts can be played on any mobile device, laptop, or desktop computer.
- Push Alerts: NBC Sports Chicago will deliver Cubs push notifications for breaking team and player news, behind-the-scenes reports, plus game reminder alerts via NBC Sports Chicago’s SportsTalk app for iOS and Android devices.
- CubsTalk (www.NBCSportsChicago.com/Cubs) – NBCSportsChicago.com’s high-velocity, comprehensive Cubs section featuring the latest news, videos, feature stories, and social media highlights. CubsTalk contains interactive content with continually updated insights from the network’s talent, which includes the “CubsTalk PODCAST.”
- Fans can also follow and connect with NBC Sports Chicago’s extensive Cubs coverage on Facebook (including numerous “Facebook Live” segments with NBC Sports Chicago talent), Twitter (@NBCSCubs), along with Instagram and Snapchat at ‘NBCSChicago’
NBC SPORTS CHICAGO
NBCSportsChicago.com/NBC Sports app
2018 Chicago Cubs Schedule
- Sat, Mar 31 6:00 pm @ Miami
- Sun, Apr 1 12:00 pm @ Miami
- Mon, Apr 2 3:00 pm @ Cincinnati
- Thu, Apr 5 7:00 pm @ Milwaukee
- Fri, April 6 7:00 pm @ Milwaukee NBCSCH+
- Thu, Apr 12 1:20 pm vs. Pittsburgh
- Fri, Apr 13 1:20 pm vs. Atlanta
- Sat, Apr 14 1:20 pm vs. Atlanta
- Tue, Apr 17 7:00 pm vs. St. Louis
- Sat, Apr 21 7:00 pm @ Colorado
- Sun, Apr 22 2:00 pm @ Colorado
- Wed, Apr 25 6:00 pm @ Cleveland
- Thu, Apr 26 7:00 pm vs. Milwaukee NBCSCH+
- Fri, Apr 27 1:20 pm vs. Milwaukee
- Sun, Apr 29 1:20 pm vs. Milwaukee
- Mon, Apr 30 6:00 pm vs. Colorado
- Wed, May 2 1:20 pm vs. Colorado
- Fri, May 4 7:00 pm @ St. Louis
- Mon, May 7 7:00 pm vs. Miami
- Tue, May 8 7:00 pm vs. Miami
- Fri, May 11 1:20 pm vs. WHITE SOX
- Tue, May 15 6:30 pm @ Atlanta NBCSCH+
- Fri, May 18 6:00 pm @ Cincinnati
- Wed, May 23 7:00 pm vs. Cleveland
- Wed, May 30 6:00 pm @ Pittsburgh
- Thu, May 31 6:00 pm @ New York Mets
- Fri, June 1 6:00 pm @ New York Mets NBCSCH+
- Wed, June 6 7:00 pm vs. Philadelphia NBCSCH+
- Thu, June 7 1:20 pm vs. Philadelphia
- Fri, June 8 1:20 pm vs. Pittsburgh
- Mon, June 11 7:00 pm @ Milwaukee NBCSCH+
- Tue, June 12 7:00 pm @ Milwaukee
- Sun, June 17 1:00 pm @ St. Louis
- Mon, June 18 7:00 pm vs. LA Dodgers
- Thu, June 21 6:00 pm @ Cincinnati
- Sun, June 24 12:00 pm @ Cincinnati
- Mon, June 25 9:00 pm @ LA Dodgers
- Wed, June 27 9:00 pm @ LA Dodgers NBCSCH+
- Thu, June 28 2:00 pm @ LA Dodgers
- Fri, June 29 4:00 pm vs. Minnesota
- Tue, July 3 1:20 pm vs. Detroit
- Fri, July 6 1:20 pm vs. Cincinnati
- Sat, July 7 1:20 pm vs. Cincinnati
- Mon, July 9 9:00 pm @ San Francisco
- Wed, July 11 2:30 pm @ San Francisco
- Fri, July 13 9:00 pm @ San Diego
- Fri, July 20 1:20 pm vs. St. Louis
- Mon, July 23 7:00 pm vs. Arizona
- Wed, July 25 1:20 pm vs. Arizona
- Thu, July 26 1:20 pm vs. Arizona
- Fri, July 27 7:00 pm @ St. Louis
- Sat, July 28 3:00 pm @ St. Louis
- Tue, July 31 6:00 pm @ Pittsburgh
- Thu, Aug 2 7:00 pm vs. San Diego
- Fri, Aug 3 1:20 pm vs. San Diego
- Sat, Aug 4 1:20 pm vs. San Diego
- Mon, Aug 6 7:00 pm @ Kansas City NBCSCH+
- Tue, Aug 7 7:00 pm @ Kansas City
- Fri, Aug 10 1:20 pm vs. Washington
- Sun, Aug 12 1:20 pm vs. Washington
- Tue, Aug 14 1:20 pm vs. Milwaukee
- Thu, Aug 16 6:00 pm @ Pittsburgh
- Fri, Aug 17 6:00 pm @ Pittsburgh
- Tue, Aug 21 6:00 pm @ Detroit
- Thu, Aug 23 7:00 pm vs. Cincinnati
- Fri, Aug 24 1:20 pm vs Cincinnati
- Mon, Aug 27 7:00 pm vs. NY Mets
- Wed, Aug 29 1:20 pm vs. NY Mets
- Fri, Aug 31 6:00 pm @ Philadelphia NBCSCH+
- Sat, Sept 1 6:00 pm @ Philadelphia
- Tue, Sept 4 7:00 pm @ Milwaukee
- Thu, Sept 6 6:00 pm @ Washington
- Fri, Sept 7 6:00 pm @ Washington
- Sun, Sept 9 12:30 pm @ Washington
- Mon, Sept 10 7:00 pm vs. Milwaukee
- Sat, Sept 15 3:00 pm vs. Cincinnati
- Wed, Sept 19 8:30 pm @ Arizona
- Fri, Sept 21 3:00 pm @ WHITE SOX
- Sat, Sept 22 6:00 pm @ WHITE SOX
- Mon, Sept 24 7:00 pm vs. Pittsburgh
- Wed, Sept 26 7:00 pm vs. Pittsburgh
- Thu, Sept 27 7:00 pm vs. Pittsburgh
- Sat, Sept 29 1:20 pm vs. St. Louis
- Sun, Sept 30 2:20 pm vs. St. Louis
42 Home, 42 Road regular season games
Total: 84 games
All Times Central Time
Schedule Subject to Change
NBC Sports Chicago, a partnership between the Chicago Blackhawks (NHL), Chicago Bulls (NBA), Chicago Cubs (MLB), Chicago White Sox (MLB) and the NBC Sports Group, features over 275 live pro games in high definition each year. In addition, NBC Sports Chicago delivers extensive pre/post-game coverage for its core pro team partners, as well as the Chicago Bears, along with numerous entertaining local sports discussion/social media-focused programs via In the Loop and SportsTalk Live. Through the network’s growing digital platform, NBCSportsChicago.com, Chicago sports fans tap into the most comprehensive and dedicated 24/7 online destination for breaking news, up-to-the-minute game previews/recaps, highlights, multimedia video clips, and standout coverage from the network’s team of “Insiders.” Follow the network on Twitter via @NBCSChicago.
NBC Sports Regional Networks is NBC Sports Group’s portfolio of nine regional networks that delivers more than 2,200 live sporting events and original content to more than 35 million homes. Aligned within Eastern and Western Divisions, the NBC Sports Regional Networks are: NBC Sports Boston, NBC Sports Philadelphia, NBC Sports Philadelphia +, NBC Sports Washington, NBC Sports Washington + and SNY; and NBC Sports Bay Area, NBC Sports California, NBC Sports Chicago and NBC Sports Northwest. For more information on NBC Sports Group properties, including press releases, photos, talent and executive bios, headshots and logos, please visit www.NBCSportsGroupPressBox.com.