FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Tuesday, March 27th, 2018
NBC SPORTS CHICAGO ANNOUNCES ITS 2018 CHICAGO WHITE SOX SEASON-LONG, MULTI-PLATFORM COVERAGE DETAILS
NBC Sports Chicago’s 107-Game White Sox Schedule gets underway with the 2018 SEASON/ROAD OPENER against the Kansas City Royals on THURSDAY, MARCH 29 featuring the announcing tandem of Jason Benetti & Steve Stone!
NBC Sports Chicago to also carry the 2018 HOME OPENER vs. the Detroit Tigers on THURSDAY, APRIL 5 featuring White Sox broadcasting legend Ken “Hawk” Harrelson in his final career home opener call!
Live streaming coverage of EVERY White Sox telecast on NBC Sports Chicago – including all surrounding pre/postgame programming – to be made available to authenticated subscribers on NBCSportsChicago.com and via the NBC Sports app!
NEW THIS SEASON: Veteran White Sox expert Chuck Garfien to host “White Sox Pre/Postgame Live” for all ROAD GAMES; Garfien elevates to primary on-site Multi-Platform Host/Reporter for all HOME GAMES
NEW THIS SEASON: Leila Rahimi to host “White Sox Pre/Postgame Live” for all HOME GAMES
NEW THIS SEASON: Every Wednesday Night Home Game to be designated as White Sox “Authentic Fan Night” featuring giveaways, talent appearances, and much more!
NBCSportsChicago.com to feature additional in-depth reporting from White Sox digital reporter/producer Vinnie Duber; a new season “White Sox Talk Podcasts,”; Expanded Social Media highlights to include White Sox-focused editions of Facebook Live, enhanced coverage on Instagram & Instagram Stories, plus 24/7 Twitter updates from NBC Sports Chicago’s crew of White Sox experts and much more!
“White Sox Season Preview” special airs TOMORROW NIGHT (Wed, Mar. 28) at 8:00 PM CT!
Chicago, IL (March 27, 2017) – NBC Sports Chicago, the multi-platform home for the most games and the most comprehensive coverage of the up-and-coming CHICAGO WHITE SOX, is ready to provide the team’s die-hard fan base with its biggest season of White Sox coverage ever featuring 107 live regular season game telecasts (highest number of games in network history), which includes live streaming of EVERY GAME to authenticated subscribers via NBCSportsChicago.com and the NBC Sports app, plus – NBC Sports Chicago to provide a new look to its surrounding game night programming, along with a massive season-long offering of 24/7 cross-platform content.
The first of 107 White Sox games on NBC Sports Chicago’s schedule begins with the ROAD/SEASON OPENER against the AL Central rival Kansas City Royals on Thursday, March 29 at 3:00 PM CT, featuring the primary White Sox announcing tandem of Jason Benetti and Steve Stone LIVE from Kauffman Stadium in Kansas City, MO. Opening Day coverage begins at 2:00 PM CT with an expanded hour-long, season premiere edition of White Sox Pregame Live presented by The Kowalis Family of Dealerships. NBC Sports Chicago’s veteran White Sox expert Chuck Garfien (@ChuckGarfien) will be live in Kansas City with the latest Opening Day news and updates, while Leila Rahimi (@leilarahimi) and White Sox legend Bill Melton host the show from the network’s downtown studios. In addition, White Sox multi-platform reporter/producer Vinnie Duber (@VinnieDuber) will also be in K.C. with Garfien to provide fans with even more Opening Day content, plus – fans on social media will also be treated to a special Opening Day Facebook Live (Facebook.com/NBCSChicago) chat with Rahimi & Melton at approx. 1:15 PM. The game will be immediately followed by Subaru White Sox Postgame Live, featuring White Sox manager Rick Renteria’s live post-game press conference, along with player post-game reaction, expanded highlights, detailed analysis and more.
NBC Sports Chicago will also carry the 2018 White Sox HOME OPENER on Thursday, April 5 at 3:00 PM CT when the White Sox host the division rival Detroit Tigers featuring the “final” home opener call from legendary White Sox announcer Ken “Hawk” Harrelson, who will be joined by game analyst Steve Stone. NOTE: Harrelson, who will be officially retiring as a White Sox broadcaster at the end of this season, will provide the play-by-play call for every Sunday home game on this year’s schedule, along with the White Sox trip to Boston in June, and every game of the White Sox vs. Cubs “Crosstown” series in September. Home Opener overage on April 5 begins at 2:00 PM with an expanded, one-hour Guaranteed Rate Field LIVE REMOTE Home Opener edition of White Sox Pregame Live presented by The Kowalis Family of Dealerships with the game immediately followed by an expanded edition of Subaru White Sox Postgame Live, also live from Guaranteed Rate Field.
Throughout the morning and afternoon at Guaranteed Rate Field leading up to first pitch on April 5, NBC Sports Chicago will provide fans with numerous, additional multi-platform HOME OPENER content offerings via Facebook Live (Facebook.com/NBCSChicago) segments from inside the ballpark, a special “Tailgate at the Rate” Twitter (@NBCSWhiteSox) live Periscope feature showcasing/interviewing fans getting ready to start up their 2018 White Sox season, plus – a multitude of Opening Day “Sights & Sounds” moments will be also provided via Snapchat (‘NBCSChicago’), along with additional photos/quick video offerings from ‘NBCSChicago’ via Instagram and Instagram Stories.
For the second-straight year, EVERY White Sox game telecast airing on NBC Sports Chicago, including surrounding pre/postgame coverage, will be accessible live via NBCSportsChicago.com and the NBC Sports app to authenticated NBC Sports Chicago subscribers. The live streaming service is currently available to customers of Comcast/Xfinity, DIRECTV, DISH Network, AT&T U-verse, Mediacom, RCN, WOW!, Time Warner Cable and Charter among numerous other carriers. In addition, NBC Sports Chicago is also available on a variety streaming services including DIRECTV NOW, Hulu, fuboTV, Sling TV, PlayStation Vue, and YouTube TV. For a full list of carriers and more information about NBC Sports Chicago’s live streaming service of White Sox games, viewers are urged to visit the following link: nbcsportschicago.com/live-faq.
NEW THIS SEASON: To further NBC Sports Chicago’s deep connection with the White Sox fan base, Chuck Garfien has been elevated to a new role for all home game telecasts this season as the network’s on-site Multi-Platform Host/Reporter, providing fans with the very latest team/player news and game day updates on a variety of content platforms which includes NBC Sports Chicago, NBCSportsChicago.com, NBC Sports Chicago’s social media outlets, along with game day/on-site editions of the popular “White Sox PODCAST.” For all road game telecasts, Garfien will continue to be the primary host of White Sox Pre/Postgame Live with analyst Bill Melton live from NBC Sports Chicago’s downtown studios.
NEW THIS SEASON: NBC Sports Chicago’s Leila Rahimi joins the network’s White Sox coverage team this season as the host of all home game editions of White Sox Pre/Postgame Live featuring analyst Bill Melton, along with the return of 2005 White Sox World Series hero Scott Podsednik, who will also once again provide additional analysis for a select number of games this season.
NEW THIS SEASON: Every Wednesday night home game telecast this season will also be designated as an NBC Sports Chicago “Authentic Fan Night.” Located on the concourse area of Guaranteed Rate Field between Sect. 157-158, fans are urged to stop by a special booth set-up to pick up their “Authentic Fan” cards, meet/greet with NBC Sports Chicago talent members, plus – the first 500 fans who visit will receive a special “Authentic Fan” give-away. In addition, prior to every Wednesday night home game telecast, NBC Sports Chicago will present special “Authentic Fan Night” remote editions of SportsTalk Live, which will be held at the ChiSox Bar & Grill (320 W. 35th St.), located across the street from Guaranteed Rate Field at Gate 5.
PROGRAMMING NOTE: TOMORROW NIGHT (Wed, Mar. 28) at 8:00 PM CT on NBC Sports Chicago, White Sox fans can look forward to a special sneak preview of the 2018 MLB season with the White Sox Season Preview Special presented by the Kowalis Family of Dealerships. Hosted by Leila Rahimi & Bill Melton (and featuring the latest reports from Chuck Garfien & Vinnie Duber in Kansas City), this half-hour special, filled with player/coaches interviews and a detailed season preview analysis, will provide viewers with a comprehensive look at this year’s Opening Day White Sox roster, an overview of all the off-season trades & acquisitions, and a look at the potential minor league/future impact call-ups that will be vying to join the team this season.
PROGRAMMING NOTE: Eleven (11) White Sox games on NBC Sports Chicago this season are currently scheduled to air on NBC Sports Chicago+ (see attached schedule). NBC Sports Chicago+ (NBCSCH+) telecasts are provided to NBC Sports Chicago affiliates and distributed to viewers when two live events are scheduled simultaneously. NBCSCH+ is available in high-definition on Comcast/Xfinity ch. 201 in the Chicago area/South Bend, IN & on Comcast/Xfinity ch. 285 in the Peoria, Springfield, Rockford and Champaign markets, along with being made available in DIRECTV, DISH Network, AT&T U-verse, RCN, and WOW! homes among others; viewers are urged to visit NBCSportsChicago.com’s CHANNEL FINDER for complete channel location details.
In addition to its live stream of every NBC Sports Chicago White Sox game telecast, NBCSportsChicago.com will also provide fans with even more exclusive White Sox content throughout the season including the following:
- NBCSportsChicago.com will stream EVERY White Sox home postgame press conference LIVE providing insider access to manager Rick Renteria.
- White Sox Talk (NBCSportsChicago.com/WhiteSox) – NBCSportsChicago.com’s high-velocity, real-time, comprehensive White Sox news and opinion section featuring original commentary, reporting and social media aggregation. WhiteSoxTalk contains interactive content with continually updated insights from the network’s talent, which includes the “White Sox Talk PODCAST.”
- “White Sox Talk PODCAST” – Featuring NBC Sports Chicago’s veteran White Sox expert Chuck Garfien, along with network White Sox content producers Ryan McGuffey & Chris Kamka, along with an array of special guests, NBC Sports Chicago’s popular “White Sox Talk” podcast features in-depth White Sox discussion on the hottest topics and breaking news throughout the season. Fans can download all of NBC Sports Chicago’s podcasts at NBCSportsChicago.com/podcasts and simply subscribe to them via Apple Podcasts, Google Play or Stitcher. The podcasts can be played on any mobile device, laptop, or desktop computer.
- Push Alerts: NBC Sports Chicago will deliver White Sox push notifications for breaking team and player news, behind-the-scenes reports, plus game reminder alerts via NBC Sports Chicago’s SportsTalk app for iOS and Android devices.
- Fans can also follow and connect with NBC Sports Chicago’s extensive White Sox coverage on Facebook (including numerous “Facebook Live” segments with NBC Sports Chicago talent), Twitter (@NBCSWhiteSox), along with Instagram and Snapchat at ‘NBCSChicago’
NBC SPORTS CHICAGO
NBCSportsChicago.com/NBC Sports app
2018 Chicago White Sox Schedule
- Thu, March 29 3:00 pm @ Kansas City (ROAD/SEASON OPENER!)
- Tue, April 3 6:00 pm @ Toronto NBCSCH+
- Wed, April 4 6:00 pm @ Toronto NBCSCH+
- Thu, April 5 3:00 pm vs. Detroit (HOME OPENER!)
- Sun, April 8 1:00 pm vs. Detroit
- Tue, April 10 1:00 pm vs. Tampa Bay
- Wed, April 11 1:00 pm vs. Tampa Bay
- Thu, April 12 7:00 pm @ Minnesota
- Fri, April 13 7:00 pm @ Minnesota
- Sun, April 15 1:00 pm @ Minnesota
- Mon, April 16 9:00 pm @ Oakland
- Wed, April 18 2:30 pm @ Oakland
- Fri, April 20 7:00 pm vs. Houston
- Mon, April 23 7:00 pm vs. Seattle
- Tue, April 24 4:00 pm vs. Seattle
- Wed, April 25 1:00 pm vs. Seattle
- Thu, April 26 7:00 pm @ Kansas City
- Fri, April 27 7:00 pm @ Kansas City
- Tue, May 1 7:00 pm @ St. Louis
- Thu, May 3 7:00 pm vs. Minnesota
- Fri, May 4 7:00 pm vs. Minnesota NBCSCH+
- Sun, May 6 1:00 pm vs. Minnesota
- Wed, May 9 1:00 pm vs. Pittsburgh
- Sat, May 12 1:20 pm @ CUBS
- Sun, May 13 1:20 pm @ CUBS
- Tue, May 15 6:00 pm @ Pittsburgh
- Wed, May 16 11:30 am @ Pittsburgh
- Thu, May 17 7:00 pm vs. Texas
- Fri, May 18 7:00 pm vs. Texas NBCSCH+
- Sat, May 19 6:00 pm vs. Texas
- Mon, May 21 7:00 pm vs. Baltimore
- Tue, May 22 7:00 pm vs. Baltimore
- Wed, May 23 7:00 pm vs. Baltimore NBCSCH+
- Sat, May 26 3:00 pm @ Detroit
- Sun, May 27 12:00 pm @ Detroit
- Tue, May 29 5:00 pm @ Cleveland
- Wed, May 30 12:00 pm @ Cleveland
- Fri, June 1 7:00 pm vs. Milwaukee
- Sat, June 2 1:00 pm vs. Milwaukee
- Tue, June 5 7:00 pm @ Minnesota
- Wed, June 6 7:00 pm @ Minnesota
- Sat, June 9 3:00 pm @ Boston
- Sun, June 10 12:00 pm @ Boston
- Mon, June 11 7:00 pm vs. Cleveland
- Wed, June 13 7:00 pm vs. Cleveland
- Thu, June 14 1:00 pm vs. Cleveland
- Fri, June 15 7:00 pm vs. Detroit
- Sat, June 16 1:00 pm vs. Detroit
- Mon, June 18 6:00 pm @ Cleveland NBCSCH+
- Wed, June 20 12:00 pm @ Cleveland
- Thu, June 21 7:00 pm vs. Oakland NBCSCH+
- Fri, June 22 7:00 pm vs. Oakland
- Sat, June 23 1:00 pm vs. Oakland
- Tue, June 26 7:00 pm vs. Minnesota
- Wed, June 27 7:00 pm vs. Minnesota
- Sat, June 30 8:00 pm @ Texas
- Sun, July 1 2:00 pm @ Texas
- Mon, July 2 6:00 pm @ Cincinnati
- Wed, July 4 6:00 pm @ Cincinnati
- Thu, July 5 7:00 pm @ Houston
- Fri, July 6 7:00 pm @ Houston
- Sun, July 8 1:00 pm @ Houston
- Wed, July 11 7:00 pm vs. St. Louis
- Sat, July 14 1:00 pm vs. Kansas City
- Sun, July 15 1:00 pm vs. Kansas City
- Sat, July 21 9:00 pm @ Seattle
- Mon, July 23 9:00 pm @ LA Angels NBCSCH+
- Tue, July 24 9:00 pm @ LA Angels
- Wed, July 25 9:00 pm @ LA Angels
- Fri, July 27 7:00 pm vs. Toronto NBCSCH+
- Sun, July 29 1:00 pm vs. Toronto
- Wed, Aug 1 7:00 pm vs. Kansas City
- Thu, Aug 2 1:00 pm vs. Kansas City
- Fri, Aug 3 6:00 pm @ Tampa Bay
- Sun, Aug 5 12:00 pm @ Tampa Bay
- Mon, Aug 6 7:00 pm vs. NY Yankees
- Wed, Aug 8 7:00 pm vs. NY Yankees
- Fri, Aug 10 7:00 pm vs. Cleveland
- Sat, Aug 11 6:00 pm vs. Cleveland
- Mon, Aug 13 6:00 pm @ Detroit
- Wed, Aug 15 12:00 pm @ Detroit
- Sat, Aug 18 6:00 pm vs. Kansas City
- Sun, Aug 19 1:00 pm vs. Kansas City
- Wed, Aug 22 1:00 pm vs. Minnesota
- Fri, Aug 24 6:00 pm @ Detroit
- Sat, Aug 25 5:00 pm @ Detroit
- Sun, Aug 26 12:00 pm @ Detroit
- Tue, Aug 28 6:00 pm @ NY Yankees
- Wed, Aug 29 6:00 pm @ NY Yankees
- Thu, Aug 30 7:00 pm vs. Boston
- Fri, Aug 31 7:00 pm vs. Boston
- Sun, Sept 2 1:00 pm vs. Boston (“Hawk Harrelson Day”)
- Mon, Sept 3 1:00 pm vs. Detroit
- Wed, Sept 5 7:00 pm vs. Detroit
- Fri, Sept 7 7:00 pm vs. LA Angels NBCSCH+
- Sat, Sept 8 6:00 pm vs. LA Angels
- Tue, Sept 11 7:00 pm @ Kansas City
- Wed, Sept 12 7:00 pm @ Kansas City
- Fri, Sept 14 6:00 pm @ Baltimore
- Sun, Sept 16 12:00 pm @ Baltimore
- Tue, Sept 18 6:00 pm @ Cleveland
- Thu, Sept 20 6:00 pm @ Cleveland
- Sun, Sept 23 1:00 pm vs. CUBS
- Tue, Sept 25 7:00 pm vs. Cleveland
- Wed, Sept 26 7:00 pm vs. Cleveland NBCSCH+
- Fri, Sept 28 7:00 pm @ Minnesota
- Sat, Sept 29 6:00 pm @ Minnesota
54 Home, 53 Road regular season games
Total: 107 games
All Times Central Time
Schedule Subject to Change
NBC Sports Chicago, a partnership between the Chicago Blackhawks (NHL), Chicago Bulls (NBA), Chicago Cubs (MLB), Chicago White Sox (MLB) and the NBC Sports Group, features over 275 live pro games in high definition each year. In addition, NBC Sports Chicago delivers extensive pre/post-game coverage for its core pro team partners, as well as the Chicago Bears, along with numerous entertaining local sports discussion/social media-focused programs via In the Loop and SportsTalk Live. Through the network’s growing digital platform, NBCSportsChicago.com, Chicago sports fans tap into the most comprehensive and dedicated 24/7 online destination for breaking news, up-to-the-minute game previews/recaps, highlights, multimedia video clips, and standout coverage from the network’s team of “Insiders.” Follow the network on Twitter via @NBCSChicago.
NBC Sports Regional Networks is NBC Sports Group’s portfolio of nine regional networks that delivers more than 2,200 live sporting events and original content to more than 35 million homes. Aligned within Eastern and Western Divisions, the NBC Sports Regional Networks are: NBC Sports Boston, NBC Sports Philadelphia, NBC Sports Philadelphia +, NBC Sports Washington, NBC Sports Washington + and SNY; and NBC Sports Bay Area, NBC Sports California, NBC Sports Chicago and NBC Sports Northwest. For more information on NBC Sports Group properties, including press releases, photos, talent and executive bios, headshots and logos, please visit www.NBCSportsGroupPressBox.com.